Possible Suitor for Wilson

lol, basically confirms he didn’t want to play

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2024/03/18/former-byu-qb-zach-wilson-shopping-for-new-nfl-team/

When Wilson’s replacements failed to deliver in the next two games, the Jets asked Wilson to start the final five games. Wilson, who had already begun packing his things and mailing them to the family home in Draper, Utah, was reluctant to step back into the lineup for a 4-8 team that planned to trade him. He was roundly criticized for this in the media, but reporters didn’t know at the time that he had been told he would be traded. An injury — a distinct possibility, given the Jets’ porous offensive line — could complicate a potential trade. Wilson called several confidants to discuss it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jetsfan56 said:

Got Mike White broken ribs and AR torn Achilles 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully better this season emoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Rodgers held the ball too long. It was a designed cut block which means you don't have much time and have to quick release. 

That wasn't on the o-line.

Mike White rib injury was also not on the o-line. They sent a 6th rusher as a delayed blitz after the o-line and RB committed. On the QB to read it and get it out.

The o-line was not good, mostly due to being injured to high hell. Make no mistake, Zach Wilson made everyone look worse.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, section314 said:

Good synopsis. As you well remember, that was the year Kiper went ballistic when the Jets took Lagsman over the immortal Hart Lee Dykes, screaming that the “Jets have no idea what the draft is all about.”😁Dykes played about 15 mins in the league.

"The Jets don't understand what the draft is all about."

Meanwhile they drafted Tony Martin in the 5th who I think had like 10K yards receiving and Marvin Washington in the 6th.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

This is the type of behavior nfl teams hate 

If a player has any reluctance to play it's poison. The fact that it's the Jets does not excuse stealing a paycheck 

Packing his bags because he wasn’t playing well and got benched is as entitled as it gets.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

This is the type of behavior nfl teams hate 

If a player has any reluctance to play it's poison. The fact that it's the Jets or he might get hurt does not excuse stealing a paycheck 

The  level of immaturity this shows is mind boggling

• Upvote 3

I don't know how accurate this story is and there's plenty of nuances to it. Maybe he asked friends about his situation nothing wrong about that all players look for advice. To my knowledge he never refused to play and his injury was legit. Many NFL players sat out multiple games due to concussions. And the doctors made the decisions. But if his haters want to pounce on it and only look for one side of the story the one against him ok. Just like politics in this country. Decisive and one sided. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't know how accurate this story is and there's plenty of nuances to it. Maybe he asked friends about his situation nothing wrong about that all players look got advice. To my knowledge he never refused to play and his injury was legit. Many NFL players sat out multiple games due to concussions. And the doctors made the decisions. But if his haters want to pounce on it and only look for one side of the story the one against him ok. Just like politics in this country. Decisive and one sided. 

All Wilson has to do is come out and say he wants the to be traded and will play anywhere. He hasn’t don’t that. 

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't know how accurate this story is and there's plenty of nuances to it. Maybe he asked friends about his situation nothing wrong about that all players look got advice. To my knowledge he never refused to play and his injury was legit. Many NFL players sat out multiple games due to concussions. And the doctors made the decisions. But if his haters want to pounce on it and only look for one side of the story the one against him ok. Just like politics in this country. Decisive and one sided. 

Why are there zero instances of Zach's camp or his teammates disputing the media reports my guy.

Players got cut/traded for criticizing Zach dude.  

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lmfao.

What a f**king child.  "Mommy, I'm sending home my thermos."

I don’t think his team of people have done him any favors, in Zach’s defense. His whole profile was not a fit for moving across country to start at QB in year 1. 

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think his team of people have done him any favors, in Zach’s defense. His whole profile was not a fit for moving across country to start at QB in year 1. 

Tough sh*t.  Until the NFL goes full European Soccer the draft will always be a thing and you can't pick your destination.  And nobody sits rookie QBs for long anymore. 

Sounds like he should have chosen a different career path from the jump.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tough sh*t.  Until the NFL goes full European Soccer the draft will always be a thing and you can't pick your destination.  And nobody sits rookie QBs for long anymore. 

Sounds like he should have chosen a different career path from the jump.

At the end of the day it’s the Jets fault

• Upvote 2

Rodgers held the ball too long. It was a designed cut block which means you don't have much time and have to quick release. 
That wasn't on the o-line.
Mike White rib injury was also not on the o-line. They sent a 6th rusher as a delayed blitz after the o-line and RB committed. On the QB to read it and get it out.
The o-line was not good, mostly due to being injured to high hell. Make no mistake, Zach Wilson made everyone look worse.

Yes they both should have gotten rid of the ball sooner and AR should have just gone down a la Peyton or Brady. Zach not getting rid of the ball on time often enough didn’t help o-line either with blocking or injuries. McGovern and Schweitzer both got hurt against the Giants on blitz pickups if memory serves me correctly. What was odd is it seemed to me like he tried to hang in there and throw instead of bailing out and taking off. 🤷‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

While Zach was picked right where he should have been to a QB needy team.  The “historically” bad title is overused too.   

let's be real, dude 

Johnny Lam Jones, Blair Thomas, all those guys you listed, they never threw their teammates under a bus in a press conference

they never took a month off of the season for dehydration/concussion

he sits on the sidelines and sulks he's a bad teammate and just a selfish person in general  

they didn't gt unlucky. He's the worst pick in team history, and now 3 years after he went 2 overall he's not worth any draft compensation 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

47 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Packing his bags because he wasn’t playing well and got benched is as entitled as it gets.

in general scouts don't like it when a player has other options in life 

like Myron Rolle becoming a neurosurgeon. that was a negative in his scouting report coming out of Florida State. Other news sources say "Gee what an outstanding young man, multi-talented." but the NFL teams want guys with no other options

Zach, besides being born into a life that gives him other options, doesn't love the game of football. He loves banging milfs and the football lifestyle, clearly. But he's not one of these guys who eats and breathes it and would do anything to play one more down. His disappearing act at the end of last year was ridiculous.  

for what it's worth that love of the game is why a player like Fuaga might even go higher than a player like Alt 

you have to love this game because it's brutal on a day to day basis 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The two guys in front of him ages add up to 74? 

Yeah but unless 1 & 2 go down in the same game, if Rodgers goes down they’re signing another QB to slot in behind Tyrod.  

44 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

the crazy part of this story is that Zach still has money due to him.

5.5 Mil no matter what. Meaning the Jets could cut him, he could white water raft all year or whatever guys like Zach do, and Woody has to send him 5.5 Mil in salary. That dog won't hunt. 

people say "there's no conspiracy" meanwhile if any other NFL player did what Zach did end of last season any other team have clawed back his bonus for breach 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach, besides being born into a life that gives him other options, doesn't love the game of football. He loves banging milfs and the football lifestyle, clearly. But he's not one of these guys who eats and breathes it and would do anything to play one more down.

Pretty much the opposite of what was reported when he was at BYU and with the Jets

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah but unless 1 & 2 go down in the same game, if Rodgers goes down they’re signing another QB to slot in behind Tyrod.  

It could happen and likely will. Also, last year they had no interest in sign another QB. Like at all. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2024/03/18/former-byu-qb-zach-wilson-shopping-for-new-nfl-team/

When Wilson’s replacements failed to deliver in the next two games, the Jets asked Wilson to start the final five games. Wilson, who had already begun packing his things and mailing them to the family home in Draper, Utah, was reluctant to step back into the lineup for a 4-8 team that planned to trade him. He was roundly criticized for this in the media, but reporters didn’t know at the time that he had been told he would be traded. An injury — a distinct possibility, given the Jets’ porous offensive line — could complicate a potential trade. Wilson called several confidants to discuss it.

Honestly, he was getting beaten up pretty badly each week. The jets (saleh) made it clear he was out so why go back in.  I think we fans think of these players as being somehow supermen but in fact they are people with feelings and enough sense to keep themselves healthy.  And when he did go back in against the Texans he posted his best game.  I think was more a case of saleh not understanding how to motivate a player as opposed to a player who didn’t have the talent to succeed.  Looking back we see players like elllway and manning not joining the teams ( or wanting to be drafted) that may have selected them.  Eli did the same thing.  Those guys all had long successful careers.  Were they called immature punks?  The same thing happens in the nba all the time. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much the opposite of what was reported when he was at BYU and with the Jets

who did this reporting the Deseret News? 

he wasn't elected captain on the first attempt, his teammates pretty much didn't like him across the board

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

who did this reporting the Deseret News? 

he wasn't elected captain on the first attempt, his teammates pretty much didn't like him across the board

Everyone.  He was called a gym rat.  
Add in some common sense.  He traveled from UT to CA on weekends, driving 10 hrs to be with his QB coach.  That’s not a kid who doesn’t like football.  
He sucks, there’s no need to attack his drive or passion for the game.  See,s pretty obvious he likes football.  I’d bet given all the work it takes that very few that just don’t care to to the level where they’re drafted high. 
What does him not getting the captaincy have to do with him loving the game or working hard? 

I don't get the attacks on Zach over petty things and with no evidence and allowing anything AR to slide. If you want crazy or sinister go there. All Zach did is suck as a QB. And he never refused to play. Like Sauce says he's a "baller" just not a good one. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Will be out of the NFL in 2 years

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Honestly, he was getting beaten up pretty badly each week. The jets (saleh) made it clear he was out so why go back in.  I think we fans think of these players as being somehow supermen but in fact they are people with feelings and enough sense to keep themselves healthy.  And when he did go back in against the Texans he posted his best game.  I think was more a case of saleh not understanding how to motivate a player as opposed to a player who didn’t have the talent to succeed.  Looking back we see players like elllway and manning not joining the teams ( or wanting to be drafted) that may have selected them.  Eli did the same thing.  Those guys all had long successful careers.  Were they called immature punks?  The same thing happens in the nba all the time. 

If Eli and Elway busted they would have been panned. Both guys got heat at the time they were doing it too. Archie pulling strings wasn’t loved by teams either. 

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't get the attacks on Zach over petty things and with no evidence and allowing anything AR to slide. If you want crazy or sinister go there. All Zach did is suck as a QB. And he never refused to play. Like Sauce says he's a "baller" just not a good one. 

It doesn’t matter at this point. Why he hasn’t been cut yet is the only question. Just move on. A 7th and 5 mill in cap space isn’t moving any needles.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He sucks

The only part that matters when it comes to decisions about our QB position and it's future.

He is a demonstrably, quantifiably poor QB at the NFL level. 

Time for us all to move on, and as soon as Zach is elsewhere (or on the street), hopefully we will.

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The only part that matters when it comes to decisions about our QB position and it's future.

He is a demonstrably, quantifiably poor QB at the NFL level. 

Time for us all to move on, and as soon as Zach is elsewhere (or on the street), hopefully we will.

Agree except that whether he’s dumped today, tomorrow or in the summer or whenever it will change nothing in regards to the team, the offense whatever.