Possible Suitor for Wilson

Look in terms of injury both Rodgers and Taylor have recent injuries. So no guarantees on their durability. So if they keep Zach he could potentially play. But considering all the flack they took last season for going with him I'm pretty sure they will go in a different direction for a number 3. Either a vet like Siemien or a rookie they draft or rookie UFA. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Agreed.  It's mostly a fan frustration now, a fans desire to "have it be done", the team won't really be together till camp at this point.  

Now, I'll say I don't want to see him anywhere near camp, so if he's not gone by then (and I expect he will be), he should be told to stay home till he's moved or cut.  

My only fear, albeit light at current, is the dreaded "well, no takers, so we'll keep him on our roster as the #3".  IMO that's not acceptable now.

Otherwise, I agree, today, next week, this summer, as long as he's gone, no real issue in those circumstances, yup.

Exactly what I meant summed up perfectly.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't get the attacks on Zach over petty things and with no evidence and allowing anything AR to slide. If you want crazy or sinister go there. All Zach did is suck as a QB. And he never refused to play. Like Sauce says he's a "baller" just not a good one. 

This is sports and we are fanatics.  I don’t have to like anyone for any good reason.  Especially not some pissant who was “hesitant” to play.  

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

The only part that matters when it comes to decisions about our QB position and it's future.

He is a demonstrably, quantifiably poor QB at the NFL level. 

Time for us all to move on, and as soon as Zach is elsewhere (or on the street), hopefully we will.

The moment he gets a shot with another team and/or has a decent game off the bench get ready for folks to fire up the “told ya so” threads.  SEE:  Darnold, Sam.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't get the attacks on Zach over petty things and with no evidence and allowing anything AR to slide. If you want crazy or sinister go there. All Zach did is suck as a QB. And he never refused to play. Like Sauce says he's a "baller" just not a good one. 

Allowing anything with AR to slide? Am I reading that correctly? 😅

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2024 at 2:23 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Kid looks happy as can be these days.

All the pressure is off.

He can collect his next salary in obscurity with zero pressure or expectations.

Woody and fat Joe got taken to the cleaners based off COVID-year stat-racking, some BS about “arm angles”, and a pro day throw at 8K feet altitude 🤣

Where have you seen him?

Of course the pressures off, it’s the off season

Which NFL city leaves their QB in obscurity with zero pressure or expectations?  Where is that fantasy land exactly

So every scouting outlet, every so called expert were taken to the cleaners based off COVID-year stat-racking & some BS about “arm angles”.  

And a pro day throw at 8K feet altitude.  Indy is at 8K now? 

You couldn’t find real stuff to complain about?  It’s that hard? 

Some think Zach sucks due to the dysfunction in the org. And if in a better org he'd have developed better. But around the league we see that's not what other orgs think. They are passing on him at a cheap price and taking other QBs over him guys who are also marginal like Mac Jones. Teams so far not willing to pay a low price for him or take on some of his salary. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Some think Zach sucks due to the dysfunction in the org. And if in a better org he'd have developed better. But around the league we see that's not what other orgs think. They are passing on him at a cheap price and taking other QBs over him guys who are also marginal like Mac Jones. Teams so far not willing to pay a low price for him or take on some of his salary. 

Everyone said the same about Sam Darnold.  The proof is in the pudding.  The Jets cannot pick QB's to save their lives. The Jets drafting a QB in the first round is akin to a 19th century trollop wearing a scarlet letter.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The moment he gets a shot with another team and/or has a decent game off the bench get ready for folks to fire up the “told ya so” threads.  SEE:  Darnold, Sam.

Remember this:

1. When you have a critical analysis of the current young Jets QB and want to move QB in a different direction, you are a hater, a bad fan and you hate the Jets.

2. When you love a Jets young QB like your own son, and he fails (because of every factor other than himself, of course), and you obsess over his every move with his next team, and look forward to him doing well with his next team, and gloat here at JN with every completion, you sir are a good (great!) fan, better than everyone else, and definitely are not rooting for other teams QB's to show up your own team, no, really.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

This is my favorite thread 

The Zach wilson trade thread. Ah... Chefs kiss 

The free market never lies 

Remember what that unnamed executive said

He's worth a 2 week stay at the best Western 

Or maybe someplace fancy with a continental breakfast 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And a pro day throw at 8K feet altitude.  Indy is at 8K now? 

You couldn’t find real stuff to complain about?  It’s that hard? 

LOL

His pro day was in Utah, not Indy.

If you're going to take umbrage at my disgust over Zach Wilson, at least get your facts straight 🙃

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

Agreed.  It's mostly a fan frustration now, a fans desire to "have it be done", the team won't really be together till camp at this point.  

Now, I'll say I don't want to see him anywhere near camp, so if he's not gone by then (and I expect he will be), he should be told to stay home till he's moved or cut.  

My only fear, albeit light at current, is the dreaded "well, no takers, so we'll keep him on our roster as the #3".  IMO that's not acceptable now.

Otherwise, I agree, today, next week, this summer, as long as he's gone, no real issue in those circumstances, yup.

Agreed. Can't have him in camp, and I think everyone involved knows that.

My guess is he's moved shortly before or during the draft.

If not, I think he's wrapped in bubble wrap and told to stay in Utah until some team suffers a QB injury.

18 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, I've been saying it all along but the "Jets ruined Darnold narrative" made much more sense and was reflected in the trade comp we got for Darnold, who showed real flashes.

Zach Wilson just sucks.

People around the league still like Sam Darnold 

Deciding to trade him and taking Zach really was a terrible decision on all fronts 

I was way into penei Sewell that year but people thought he was soft for opting out of the covid season. Chase too. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

People around the league still like Sam Darnold 

Deciding to trade him and taking Zach really was a terrible decision on all fronts 

I was way into penei Sewell that year but people thought he was soft for opting out of the covid season. Chase too. 

I was sick of Darnold and wanted a clean break -- wanted Justin Fields.

It is what it is but that was a good draft and terrible QB draft so there's no doubt we botched it. Pretty much any other guy that went in the top ten would have been a better pick.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I’d agree sort of. The Jets were plucking Zach out of his backyard in Utah and moving him across the country into a locker room full of adults. Way different setting than Utah while living at home. The Jets obviously didn’t take this into consideration, or considered it enough. And then failed to lay out expectations of a starting QB- instead they coddled him. I think Woody was behind that but we’ll see what comes out once he’s eventually gone (if ever).

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Pretty much any other guy that went in the top ten would have been a better pick.

Micah parsons went 12 

It's like 3 gold jackets they passed on 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’d agree sort of. The Jets were plucking Zach out of his backyard in Utah and moving him across the country into a locker room full of adults. Way different setting than Utah while living at home. The Jets obviously didn’t take this into consideration, or considered it enough. And then failed to lay out expectations of a starting QB- instead they coddled him. I think Woody was behind that but we’ll see what comes out once he’s eventually gone (if ever).

As a GM, you have to put the COVID year into perspective and take any compiled stats with a grain of salt.

Especially with BYU's schedule that year, when "Coastal Carolina" is your toughest opponent.

Zach Wilson was never highly viewed / recruited, would have had an undraftable / UDFA grade after his sophomore season, and was literally in a legit competition for the BYU starting job 9 months before he was drafted #2 overall.

Fields and Lawrence were 1B and 1A as high schoolers in Georgia.

The Steelers got Fields for nothing.  If he balls out, they can extend him or franchise him.

If he doesn't pan out, they will have paid a 2025 6th rounder for a 1y experiment, a future 6th which is maybe equivalent to something like Braden Mann.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

As a GM, you have to put the COVID year into perspective and take any compiled stats with a grain of salt.

Especially with BYU's schedule that year, when "Coastal Carolina" is your toughest opponent.

Zach Wilson was never highly viewed / recruited, would have had an undraftable / UDFA grade after his sophomore season, and was literally in a legit competition for the BYU starting job 9 months before he was drafted #2 overall.

Fields and Lawrence were 1B and 1A as high schoolers in Georgia.

The Steelers got Fields for nothing.  If he balls out, they can extend him or franchise him.

If he doesn't pan out, they will have paid a 2025 6th rounder for a 1y experiment, a future 6th which is maybe equivalent to something like Braden Mann.

Yeah Zach’s ascension was sketchy if we’re being honest

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Micah parsons went 12 

It's like 3 gold jackets they passed on 

I'll give the Cowboys credit though -- I think they saw Parsons potential as a rusher when pretty much nobody else did. He went where he did because everyone thought he was an off ball LB.

On 3/19/2024 at 2:51 PM, Rangers9 said:

Look in terms of injury both Rodgers and Taylor have recent injuries. So no guarantees on their durability. So if they keep Zach he could potentially play. But considering all the flack they took last season for going with him I'm pretty sure they will go in a different direction for a number 3. Either a vet like Siemien or a rookie they draft or rookie UFA. 

Zach is absolutely going to play next regular season. No one wants him and Woody will never cut him.  Rodgers is 41 coming off a major injury and Tyrod is fragile

I hope everyone enjoys Zach Attack next November when we miss the playoffs for a 15th year in a row

0742F775-9CB3-4A56-92DA-2F7C1070F581.thumb.jpeg.d4742e313d38497fea1de8198418f359.jpeg

• Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

His pro day was in Utah, not Indy.

If you're going to take umbrage at my disgust over Zach Wilson, at least get your facts straight 🙃

So the pass was effected by being at 4K? 
4 years later you’re the first with that excuse. 

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I hope everyone enjoys Zach Attack next November when we miss the playoffs for a 15th year in a row

I hope you enjoy being wrong.  
Why do you think anyone cares or will be happy?  As if it will happen that Rodgers and Taylor both will go down, leaving ZW the only remaining QB in the NFL.