*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Not sure how he did last year (pff scores) but was a pro bowler in 2021, he would 100% for sure be on my list of guys to look closely at.

This would be a very good value signing on a 2-year deal and we should still draft a LT in the 1st.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not sure how he did last year (pff scores) but was a pro bowler in 2021, he would 100% for sure be on my list of guys to look closely at.

He would be a nice pickup, if healthy.

Tore his ACL late last year, so not likely to be 100% at the beginning of the season.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

He would be a nice pickup, if healthy.

Tore his ACL late last year, so not likely to be 100% at the beginning of the season.

Oh yeah I forgot about that....I'm not sure if he plays most of if any of the season actually as the injury was the last game of the year I think?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Oh yeah I forgot about that....I'm not sure if he plays most of if any of the season actually as the injury was the last game of the year I think?

Yeah, it was very late December, I think. Going to be tough for him to come back and play at a good level this season.

• Sympathy 1

What FA is showing us is that we should go back to the John Idzik approach of keeping all of our draft picks.  In fact, we need to add additional picks the way Belichick did all those years.  FA prices are out of control.  After AR8 leaves (whenever that is), I hope we really to start build up draft capital and continually trade back and get future compensation.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Cards, barring something crazy, should have their pick of all the OT’s.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He wanted a chance to start and play for his former OC. Don't think it had anything to do with money. The Jets gave Taylor a healthy 2 year deal. 

Take a breath. 

No use.....This is the time of year where Jet fans hate their GM no matter what because we don't replace our entire roster with every top free agent every year. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

No use.....This is the time of year where Jet fans hate their GM no matter what because we don't replace our entire roster with every top free agent every year. 

Yeah, but even if we do sign someone, he’s overpaid and/or tainted goods (because why else would a team let a good player go?) 

total derp town. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Back at it, he might just be a twitter troll but he's been most right until now, take it with a giant grain of salt.

I didn’t hear anything on Jonah, but gross if true.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Those who prefer Tyron Smith to Bakhtiari:

I don’t thank that dream is over yet.

Those who don’t want MVS:

I don’t think that nightmare is over yet.

I’m going to add onto this and say that, PERSONALLY *NOT SOURCED*, I think Smith is using us for more money from annotjer team *cough* Chiefs *Cough* and Bakhtiari will be our LT if we add a veteran.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I’m going to add onto this and say that, PERSONALLY *NOT SOURCED*, I think Smith is using us for more money from annotjer team *cough* Chiefs *Cough* and Bakhtiari will be our LT.

It would be surprising if that wasn't the case.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I’m going to add onto this and say that, PERSONALLY *NOT SOURCED*, I think Smith is using us for more money from annotjer team *cough* Chiefs *Cough* and Bakhtiari will be our LT.

What if Bakhtiari wants to be the Secretary of State instead? 

• Haha 2