Tee Higgins requests trade

Would be tough to pay GW and Higgins at the same time.

Would also require surrendering premium draft capital.

They are about to lose Huff because JD had no forethought to lock him up.

Higgins hasn’t played a full season in awhile either.

He’s likely the best talent potentially available, but the Bengals have no obligation to honor his trade request.

JD should have tagged Huff.

Tag and trade would have been an option.  Now they’ll be lucky if they get a comp. 3rd.

If they could get 2 ones for Adams, what could they have gotten for a premier pass rusher in his prime?

Hey JD thanks for those brilliant Lazard, Laken and CJU contracts!  Over 50M guaranteed flushed down the drain!

• Upvote 1

Just now, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I would honestly just try to address the OL and worry about WR in the draft. Makes more sense. 

The issue is that its hard to know how NFL ready these guys are until they start playing. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Wit said:

Is Tee Higgens worth it the same way Justin Jefferson or Tyreek Hill would be? I would love to get him but It doesn't feel right. Maybe next years fsecond. 

No.

He’s very good but not at that caliber of WR.  He’s a high end WR2.

Matt Harmon says DeVonta Smith is a better player than Tee Higgins.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

How bout next years 1?

Frick no.  That pick should be off limits.  If this team flops next year, it'll be time for a new regime and the new regime will also probably want to draft their QB.  No way do I part with that pick, or let JD even consider spending it this offseason.  A 2 sure, if the right deal comes along.  No way on the 1 though.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Wit said:

I love that we know how the players feel, but man they are a little too arrogant for a losing team.

The stupid conceit is organizational from the top-down, but I don’t see Breece’s tweet as arrogant.

More like Breece admitting how desperate the Jets are for a legit WR2.

Lazard must love seeing posts like this.  Must do wonders for his confidence.

35 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Would be tough to pay GW and Higgins at the same time.

Would also require surrendering premium draft capital.

They are about to lose Huff because JD had no forethought to lock him up.

Higgins hasn’t played a full season in awhile either.

He’s likely the best talent potentially available, but the Bengals have no obligation to honor his trade request.

JD should have tagged Huff.

Tag and trade would have been an option.  Now they’ll be lucky if they get a comp. 3rd.

If they could get 2 ones for Adams, what could they have gotten for a premier pass rusher in his prime?

Hey JD thanks for those brilliant Lazard, Laken and CJU contracts!  Over 50M guaranteed flushed down the drain!

This is literally almost all wrong.  The Jets wouldn't have to pay Garrett Wilson and Higgins.  Wilson is on his rookie deal for 2 years and then will have the option picked up.  Wilson won't be in Tee Higgins position until 2027. 

They are about to lose Huff because Douglas felt that it was worth it to get a 3rd round comp pick for an UDFA that is kind of a poor fit here.  All the Huff love is kind of hysterical to me.  The guy never had more than, what?  3.5 sacks in a season, before his contract year?  Now you guys are whining that they aren't going to pay him $23M+?  It is insane.  Guys that think we were geniuses to get out from Leonard Williams?  It's a joke.  Now Huff is "a premier pass rusher in his prime?"  This nonsense is why there are posts mentioning a "trade" of Mekhi Becton.  

Yes, Lazard and Tomlinson were poor choices in hindsight.  Yes, I can appreciate that people said that going in.  I don't even know who CJU is, but I am guessing Mosley?  He was signed by Maccagnan, though I assume that we can complain about Douglas not getting out of the contract earlier is a sensible complaint.  

The idea that the Jets could get multiple firsts for Huff on the tag ($23.4M?) when they couldn't get a 2nd last year on a $4.3M deal when they were begging teams to take him is pretty ridiculous, yet continuously floated here and by a bunch of silly Jets youtubers.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol. What about that is arrogant? That they want other good players to join the team? Jerks!

Its the constant chatter about players joining this team. We suck, we are lucky when anyone signs here. I dunno it rubs me the wrong way.