Why are we not drafting Penix?

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

His injury history is absolutely terrifying, but I’m a fan of him as a prospect on the field 

Regardless, isn’t he expected to drop waaay past 10 overall? You probably trade down and still take him. 

I’d be all for that 

5 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

If he’s available at 10 he needs to be the pick. We can fix the OL in free agency and already are in that process 

You didn't get the memo. The Jets have NOT done anything to address the line except signing some scrub who led his team in penalties last year and an old man we should have never let go to begin with!!!!

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

I break my golden rule of never taking any of your posts on this board seriously, and I get my just desserts in the end. I deserve that.

Yeah let’s pass on a good qb for a right tackle because Aaron says he’s playing until he’s 50

• Haha 1

Just now, Rich Thornburgh said:

Peyton Manning sucked in championship games in college too

Right but Peyton Manning didn’t have 4 consecutive season ending injuries and was also considered the best QB prospect since Elway 

• Upvote 4

We don't have a second round pick unless we trade down. All of the pundits are saying Jets will take a top tier OL at 10 and they are usually right before the draft. Remember ZW. But Penix is pretty good and this is a year Jets could consider drafting a QB high. 

Why?

Green Bay Packers Shut Up GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

The Jets could take Penix or whomever is available at 10.

The Jets would then need to be happy with sitting him for two years and have him be 26 (if Pennix) when he becomes QB1 or having a 49 million dollar dead cap hit.  After what the Broncos did, the latter seems more palatable now.

26 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

If he’s available at 10 he needs to be the pick. We can fix the OL in free agency and already are in that process 

Job one is setting the table for Rodgers.  That means OT and WR next.  I can see a QB, but not until round 5 or beyond.  One with measurables from a small program or one that isn't highly rated due to less than stellar statistics that can be attributed to circumstances.  A prospect like Sam Hartman - big school - (ND) not such great stats or Gavin Hardison - small school (UTEP) nice numbers and some eye popping film.  Also had elbow surgery. 

Those would be the type of QB's you look at this year.  For a Rodgers replacement, you get him high in 2025 or 2026 if Rodgers actually makes it through 2024 without injury and returns in 2025, Or, leaves to be the next VPOTUS.

• Upvote 1

Reason #1

Aaron Rodgers is our QB

Reason #2

The Jets have to win next year or everyone is gone.

If any QB in this draft was in front of the Jets they would not draft that QB, including Caleb Williams.   They would trade down.

The Jets are not taking a QB early, no way no how.

• Upvote 3

The Jets will 100% not take a QB at 10 . The way the team currently sits it would be ridiculous to do that. No matter how much denial some of you are in, Rodgers is our QB and building around him and finding a franchise LT will not only benifit ourr current QB but the QB we eventually aquire or draft when Rodgers calls it quits. So forget about QB for now and cut all the negative crap out and hope we build a competent OL and grab a WR in the comming weeks

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Reason #1

Aaron Rodgers is our QB

Reason #2

The Jets have to in next year or everyone is gone.

If any QB in this draft was in front of the Jets they would not draft that QB, including Caleb Williams.   They would traded down.

The Jets are not taking a QB early, no way no how.

Realistically, the only "top" QB's that would be in front of the Jets at 10 is McCarthy and Pennix. I'd trade if anyone was desperate enough to grab them. I wouldn't take either at 10 no matter who my QB was.

57 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

i don't think they want so many assets to be sitting on the bench while rodgers is still playing.  maybe if he were around in a later round it would work but not for a first rounder.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Realistically, the only "top" QB's that would be in front of the Jets at 10 is McCarthy and Pennix. I'd trade if anyone was desperate enough to grab them. I wouldn't take either at 10 no matter who my QB was.

McCarthy not making it to 10

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Plen T said:

McCarthy not making it to 10

So do we kill the Jets for not taking Pennix if he's there at 10? I certainly wouldn't. I'd kill them if they took him at 10 no matter who our QB was. 

• Upvote 3

Because you know twitterverse is going to replace the "x" with a "s" when discussing him.

Woody wants to be the only Phallic reference for this team. Do you think he want to get into a measuring contest with a guy who is twice the size as him.

I think not.

• Haha 2