Mike Williams visiting Monday

8 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

If we actually sign a decently big named WR like this, I think we might end up going defense in the 1st lol - especially now that the OL is set.  Cooper DeJean, welcome to NY.  

I like him alot but that would only be by trading back, no way at 10.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetsons said:

I like him alot but that would only be by trading back, no way at 10.

Honestly, trading back and getting DeJean in the 1st and then McConkey or Pearsall in the 2nd would be pretty ******* sweet.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

If we actually sign a decently big named WR like this, I think we might end up going defense in the 1st lol - especially now that the OL is set.  Cooper DeJean, welcome to NY.  

If JD let’s Saleh make the 1st pick as usual, will definitely be D. This yr I think it will be up to Aaron, so will be O lol

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

now why did you start that...lol

we are going to hear bitching and crying now until draft day about picking a defensive guy

• Haha 1

Not too thrilled about Mike Williams so it'll come down to price. 

He tore the ACL September 24th. ACL aside he's usually banged up and missing game. If he can come cheap and not for $13M like these other WR2, then I'm all for it. I can see him going back home to SC with the Panthers. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If JD let’s Saleh make the 1st pick as usual, will definitely be D. This yr I think it will be up to Aaron, so will be O lol

4 out of 7 first rd picks have been on offense. i dont see how picking D is usual.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

now why did you start that...lol

we are going to hear bitching and crying now until draft day about picking a defensive guy

lol it was going to happen no matter what, especially if we sign a big WR.  But yeah, the only way I see that happening is if we trade down.  No matter what we gotta get a weapon in the first 2 rounds.

Ideally though yes, stay put and just take Bowers or Odunze if he's there(or even Brian Thomas Jr...I wouldn't care if we just took him at 10.  Dude is a baller).

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Not too thrilled about Mike Williams so it'll come down to price. 

He tore the ACL September 24th. ACL aside he's usually banged up and missing game. If he can come cheap and not for $13M like these other WR2, then I'm all for it. I can see him going back home to SC with the Panthers. 

FWIW, unless his market doesn’t develop, ala Tyron Smith, I don’t think it will be him.

OBJ is the name I’m hearing most as of late.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Ugh 2

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm a little iffy in Williams if he is right and on his game he is a really top notch red zone guy.  But he has had so much time off injury wise.

$20M for Mike Williams for 6 games as the WR2 >>>>> Allen Lazard for 17 games for free as the WR2.

Worth the roll of the dice.  

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

FWIW, unless his market doesn’t develop, ala Tyron Smith, I don’t think it will be him.

OBJ is the name I’m hearing most as of late.

It's almost 2 am in NFL free agency, the lights are about to come on. Hello OBJ.

Just now, shuler82 said:

If @Mogglez saying it, there certainly is

Thank you for the kind endorsement 💙.

I’d bet it’s one of the Williams, OBJ, or MVS, the latter 2 being more likely.  Personally, I expect Williams to get a solid 1 year prove it deal, but one thing I will note is that there aren’t many teams left looking for WR help who aren’t willing to just go into the draft first, so it’s more likely than I originally thought it would be.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Untouchable said:

Smith’s base salary is only $6.5 million with the rest tied to playing time incentives.

The Jets are absolutely bringing in one of Williams, Boyd or Beckham.

Timing is key here though. Williams isn’t visiting until Monday and has a visit scheduled with CAR Tuesday. These things are a couple days away. OBJ I think will still be out there. But I do question if Boyd will still be a FA after Monday.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Smith’s base salary is only $6.5 million with the rest tied to playing time incentives.

The Jets are absolutely bringing in one of Williams, Boyd or Beckham.

Hello Brock Bowers

I feel like I’m the only person who is not in love with Brock bowers. Not a fan. Think he is a major bust in the making

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I feel like I’m the only person who is not in love with Brock bowers. Not a fan. Think he is a major bust in the making

Oh I think he’ll be great. I do question how much we’d even play him as a rookie though

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

$20M for Mike Williams for 6 games as the WR2 >>>>> Allen Lazard for 17 games for free as the WR2.

Worth the roll of the dice.  

It is easy to be >>>>>> than a total dog like Lazard.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Obj would be a post draft possibility. Why would u sign him now, and why would u pick him over Williams.

obj is shot.

I think JD is playing this close to the vest.  No ‘insiders’ have predicted anything so far.  The Smith negotiations took days.

OBJ makes zero sense.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I think JD is playing this close to the vest.  No ‘insiders’ have predicted anything so far.  The Smith negotiations took days.

OBJ makes zero sense.

Respectfully, I heard two days ago that they were talking and posted it here:

IMG_6212.thumb.jpeg.bea23900d34b526ff089b9418664d6cd.jpeg

1JD is not a leaky ship, but people still talk.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Obj would be a post draft possibility. Why would u sign him now, and why would u pick him over Williams.

obj is shot.

I don’t think any of those signings stop the Jets from taking another WR (although they do love Bowers, from what I know.)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Oh I think he’ll be great. I do question how much we’d even play him as a rookie though

Everyone loves bowers. But I just don’t see it when I watch him play. Granted I’m basically alone in this opinion, So I’ll probably be wrong. lol.

Feel like Odunze is a much safer pick. Reminds me of a young Mike evans

• Upvote 3