JetNation Brock Bowers Highlights

I know there are a few of these floating around but we put one up on the JetNation youtube channel with Bowers being on the table at 10.  I think it helps the site and the sites YT channel if it does decent numbers.

Give it a look.

• Upvote 2

This kid will be as popular as Chrebet was if we end up drafting him.  An immediate fan favorite.  God he will be so much fun to watch.

Having an elite WR/TE/RB combo seems to be the new meta in today's NFL.  Most of the top teams seem to have a TE that can break a game open.  I would completely understand this pick if we go that route.  Not only does it benefit the 2024 Jets, but it gives our eventual Rodgers replacement an actual elite core of talent to work with when the time comes.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I lover the player but I just wish we had a long term QB and an OC who was not a total dunder head.

The jets would not make proper use of the player if they draft him.

We can say that about anyone they take.  Take the guy who offers the most and hope the next staff has a clue.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Could be 

I like him and Odunze for us because I think they would complement GW well 

Love rome.  He would just fit perfectly here.  I’m guessing both rome and nabers are now plan A, if one is there at 10 we get him and really have some juice.  

I waiver on bowers.  I think he is good but jd has shown he values premium positions in round 1, so i question if he’d actually take him.  

If they trade out that’s where it gets interesting.  Assume if they move out of 10, they get a 2nd rounder somehow.  Also don’t think OL is in play in round 1 anymore.  The short term needs are definitely at wr.  And also - i am a broken record on this - i wouldn’t be surprised if they are considering scenarios where they target a guy like nix in early round 2, have him sit for at least part of this year and he takes over next season.  They have 2 very old qbs who are both likely to miss at least a few games this year and i think woody and jd have had it with this crappy qbs. 

For contractual reasons, I wouldn't take Bowers top 10 as his 5th year option will complicate the process of extending him or overall picking it up. 

He's a top 10 pick based on college product but not so much on NFL traits. Hope he has a good workout to change my mind. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I like Brian Thomas in this draft but that Ala game on my mind but cant deny speed and size

I like Odunze lots too great size but that 40 time wish was a little better plus not sure on level of competition

I  love Nabers wish he was a bit taller but he may end up better than MHJ

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

We can say that about anyone they take.  Take the guy who offers the most and hope the next staff has a clue.

Not really, take a traditional WR and he just fits in as a traditional wr.   Does Wr things, plays the position, you get the ball to him.

A weapon TE/HB you have to go out of your way to design things for him.

Like Mahomes and kecle the coaches have to allow the QB and player to go off script and doe their own thing.

If Andy REid treated kelce like a 'traditional TE' in his offense he is not the impact guy he has been.

You have to committ to using the player the best way and that does not always mesh with the 'rigid discipline' of many offenses.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Having an elite WR/TE/RB combo seems to be the new meta in today's NFL.  Most of the top teams seem to have a TE that can break a game open.

The NFL’s final four featured Kelce, Kittle, Mark Andrews and Sam LaPorta….so you’re not lying. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

I know there are a few of these floating around but we put one up on the JetNation youtube channel with Bowers being on the table at 10.  I think it helps the site and the sites YT channel if it does decent numbers.

Give it a look.

Would be a waste of a pick so Jetsy

• Thumb Down 2

52 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Reminds me of Ebron, Oj Howard, and Winslow Jr all rolled into one

Perfect comp if you've never watched him.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, AFJF said:

Give it a look.

Top OL #1 Pick for me … Jets have several receivers / TE’s that have unfortunately never been thrown a pass in the regular season by Aaron Rodgers, if he is healthy I believe they will excel. The apt word is, Healthy, & the best way to do that is to Protect him.

Rodgers never had a first rd receiver while on GB, & he did pretty well with what he had.

30 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

1. Nabers

2. Thomas

3. Rome

Never- Bowers

I still believe in Ruckert.  He's going to break out next year with Rodgers feeding him.

You're starting the #NeverBowers movement?

49 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

The thing that makes Bowers like Kittle is the get off, and the blocking, which is how he gets open so often.

I loved Kittle when he was coming out of Iowa.  I wanted the Jets to draft him in worst way and posted here at the time.  I think he was considered 5th round at the time but I really liked what i saw especially plays like below where he didn't do anything really except abuse his guy, he had a mean streak in him.  See the 2nd play.