Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He’s on the roster because he’s probably impossible to trade with that salary, and it serves no purpose to cut him yet.

Other teams move on from their mistakes 

The purpose served is that he's a team cancer 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is ******* infuriating to hear at this point, but it tracks. I have no sympathy for Saleh because if he knew from day one that Wilson wasn’t his guy and he let Douglas/Woody, etc push him into letting Zach run roughshod over him for the first two years with limited competition—and let Douglas fire LaFleur out from under him even though had had concrete evidence that his offense functioned without Zach Wilson—then he should have stuck his foot in the ground and stood up for himself, and the team. 

This is another reason Woody only tends to hire first time GMs/HCs, probably, and never even looks into hiring a VP of Ops:  No one to push back.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is another reason Woody only tends to hire first time GMs/HCs, probably, and never even looks into hiring a VP of Ops:  No one to push back.  

I'm not sure he has an option... Who are the seasoned veterans that would even come here?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

no, he signed a 5 year contract in 2021. it ends in 2025.

It ends in June 25 which is technically in the league year but he's not under contract for camp or the season itself 

It's a two year deal but there's only 1 season left in that time frame 

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Other teams move on from their mistakes 

The purpose served is that he's a team cancer 

Yeah Zach is and has been really happy to be here. It’s a real favor Woody is doing him by not cutting him so he can try to catch on elsewhere for $1MM with the Jets still paying him another $4.4-5.4MM depending on if there’s an offset.

Being 3rd string across the country from his family, where the coaches and fan base don’t want him, is really doing Zach a solid as a favor to his uncle.

Amazingly, this makes sense to you. :rl:

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It ends in June 25 which is technically in the league year but he's not under contract for camp or the season itself 

Can you see a scenario where he gets fired mid-season?

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah Zach is and has been really happy to be here. It’s a real favor Woody is doing him by not cutting him so he can try to catch on elsewhere for $1MM with the Jets still paying him another $4.4-5.4MM depending on if there’s an offset.

Being 3rd string across the country from his family, where the coaches and fan base don’t want him, is really doing Zach a solid as a favor to his uncle.

I mean, hanging on to him through the summer just to save $5 million would be so much more trouble than it’s worth. 

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If it’s not the Jets he’s not in the nfl. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or it’s because any one worth a damn will always have much better options. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Or it’s because any one worth a damn will always have much better options. 

Well yeah, but like I noted in the post he doesn’t even seem to consider hiring a VP which would solve many of his problems.  Lord knows money would be no issue there.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, hanging on to him through the summer just to save $5 million would be so much more trouble than it’s worth. 

There's no upside to dumping him this early. However unlikely, what if a trade eventually materializes?

If I told you, in March of 2020, that the Jets weren't trading Jamal Adams for a mere 1st rounder because Douglas was holding out for an offer in excess of two 1st round picks, you'd want him shot on sight.

Different situation, but the point is on paper there's just no hurry.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There's no upside to dumping him this early. However unlikely, what if a trade eventually materializes?

If I told you, in March of 2020, that the Jets weren't trading Jamal Adams for a mere 1st rounder because Douglas was holding out for an offer in excess of two 1st round picks, you'd want him shot on sight.

Different situation, but the point is on paper there's just no hurry.

Agreed, but the scenario wherein they’d let Zach walk back into the facility and participate in offseason activities *after* not finding a single team who’d cough up a seventh rounder for him seems like cutting off one’s nose to spite their face. If they can’t resolve this by the draft, they either have to cut him or tell him to stay home in Utah until they can find a deal, which would be poor form. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Now Hughes is just cooking sh*t up, going inferential. 

Wasn’t there friction between Woody and Saleh dating back to year 1? I remember someone reporting on an argument of some sort.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Now Hughes is just cooking sh*t up, going inferential. 

We’ve reached the point with this administration that every tweet like this has to be passed through a mental filter of “is this reporter a Saleh guy or a Douglas guy?”

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

We’ve reached the point with this administration that every tweet like this has to be passed through a mental filter of “is this reporter a Saleh guy or a Douglas guy?”

(I don’t remember which one Hughes is)

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Wasn’t there friction between Woody and Saleh dating back to year 1? I remember someone reporting on an argument of some sort.

I can’t recall anything like that, but my memory is obscured by all the times Saleh has publicly suckled on Woody’s teet. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I can’t recall anything like that, but my memory is obscured by all the times Saleh has publicly suckled on Woody’s teet. 

“This is killing Woody, trust me, I know him well,” said one high-ranking NFL official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not permitted to speak publicly about other teams.

“All of that booing is driving him crazy,” said the executive, who predicted more changes are in store, possibly reaching the upper levels of the front office. “He already wasn’t really sold on this coach. He’s going to want [offensive coordinator Mike] LaFleur out and some changes to that staff. He can’t help himself. Weren’t they 6-3 at the bye? And now they’re getting booed out of their own stadium at Christmas. I’m telling you, something is going to happen there”

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Hughes is a happy apparatchik. Given that Saleh is apparently text-besties with the likes of Joe Benigno, I’d guess this Hughes tweet was at the behest of Robert looking to clean things up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bitonti said:

how can that be?

he sign it on or about Jan 14 2021. so 5 years from that date is Jan 14 2026.

even if you look at it as football years, its 21, 22, 23, 24, 25....

maybe your confusing it with JD who signed on June 7 2019.