Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Is this trafficking in baseless rumor mongering? Yes. But, it’s a Wednesday in March. 

NFLN’s Colleen Wolfe, on the Around The NFL pod, offered up this tiny morsel—that Saleh and Woody were seen in a heated argument at a party at the Owner’s Meetings, and that it (her sources say) got “awkward” for everyone else. No info on what the conversation was about, but it’s fun to speculate. Saleh looked and sounded like a defeated man last weekend, and has been in hiding for three months besides. He can’t be loving that Woody has made himself the spokesman for the team and is making news with Zach Wilson bullsh*t even now. 

For those interested in the report, it’s in the last ten minutes of this podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/around-the-nfl/id680904259?i=1000650545210

I would think the argument had to be political

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah Zach is and has been really happy to be here. It’s a real favor Woody is doing him by not cutting him so he can try to catch on elsewhere for $1MM with the Jets still paying him another $4.4-5.4MM depending on if there’s an offset.

Being 3rd string across the country from his family, where the coaches and fan base don’t want him, is really doing Zach a solid as a favor to his uncle.

Amazingly, this makes sense to you. :rl:

He's a CFL quality player who has a job in the NFL. 

He made 24 million despite being absolutely terrible the entire time 

He faked a concussion, left his team mid season 

He's lucky to be employed at all 

• Post of the Week 1

***BASELESS SPECULATION***

Remember when Maccagnan forced Gregg Williams on Gase after trying to force him on Rhule? The Jets were supposedly trying to bring in an established offensive coach who (according to Rosenblatt) would have featured a “power running game.” Given that the Jets seem to be collecting Titans cast-off coaches, what if the Jets/Woody were trying to hire Arthur Smith and Saleh wasn’t loving the idea of having his in-season replacement on the bench? Fedex Fred Smith’s son on the payroll? @Matt39

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Remember when Maccagnan forced Gregg Williams on Gase after trying to force him on Rhule? The Jets were supposedly trying to bring in an established offensive coach who (according to Rosenblatt) would have featured a “power running game.” Given that the Jets seem to be collecting Titans cast-off coaches, what if the Jets/Woody were trying to hire Arthur Smith and Saleh wasn’t loving the idea of having his in-season replacement on the bench? Fedex Fred Smith’s son on the payroll? @Matt39

Tin Foil Kiss GIF by Magenta

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This post has been brought to you by

image.png.12fe00d0e8c1b7e044385ed637774a9d.png

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

His brother did get a scholarship to play at Clemson and is now in Hollywood. Thanks to his old man. So it fits too.

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hughes is a happy apparatchik. Given that Saleh is apparently text-besties with the likes of Joe Benigno, I’d guess this Hughes tweet was at the behest of Robert looking to clean things up. 

LOL

Hughes 🤡 acting as Saleh’s social media shield.

What a franchise 🤣

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's a CFL quality player who has a job in the NFL. 

He made 24 million despite being absolutely terrible the entire time 

He faked a concussion, left his team mid season 

He's lucky to be employed at all 

Meh, I don't think he'd rather be stashed on the Jets than take his chance trying out elsewhere, with a fan base thwt has no ill will towards him (yet, lol), and possibly closer to home.

I take for granted you have a lower opinion of him than he has of himself. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

IMO, Saleh made the same mistakes Bowles made here—came from a few winning situations, presumed the environment here would be similar to the environments they came from, deferentially stayed in their lanes while their GMs brutally ****ed them in face with dread QB picks and no backup plan, and when it came time for accountability to come down, soon learned that the dipsh*t owner believes that the coach should make everything work independent of anything else that happens. It’s why I give extra credit to Mangini and Gase—at least they knew what they were getting into and were proactive about trying to take control of this clown college

Imo, Mangini was the best coach we've had since Parcells (officially Bill Belichick, though I won't count him as he "re-signed" as HC of the NYJ before coaching a game).  From what I've heard (from Francesa), he was headstrong and wouldn't take any crap from Woody and that got him fired.  It sounded like Mangini was a little too cocky for his own good but it was a shame because he seemed competent and promising, but maybe was a little too young and immature.  

As far as Gase, in retrospect, I give him credit for working incredibly hard (unlike the bozo we've got now).  And I give him credit for backstabbing Macc, who he knew wasn't the right guy for any kind of success (long or short term).  And if he had a hand in helping get JD here, then I'm grateful for that (as I have renewed faith in JD after this offseason, though let's see what he does in the draft and the rest of the offseason).  I still think Gase was a wackadoo, though, and I don't think he was a good HC.  But tbf, he had absolute dogsh-t to work with (Flacco and Gore?!?!)   It was still weird as heck seeing him sitting alone on the sidelines with nobody within like 5 yards of him. 

Bowles, imo, was a smart/classy/likable guy who was dealt a terrible hand by an awful GM (Macc).  That said, I do think some of the blame for the team's failure was on him as well.  In any case, though, I'm glad he's having success with Tampa.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Not really. Woody never does that. And it's really up to Aaron the shadow gm who is loyal to Hackett 

Which is why rodgers must love Saleh. D guru HC who doesn’t butt into his Offense. Jets can never hire a real HC, who will sit back like Saleh and let Hackett and Aaron run the O without his input. Saleh is the only man for that job.

Rodgers has to play ( more than 4 snaps) and win, to have the power he was given last yr. I actually hope Rodgers does have more say than Saleh with the draft this yr. The shocking McDonald pick obviously was Saleh’s influence.. 

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

This happens in fortune 100 and high level government all the time.

No, it happens in two peoples minds here.

You two financial whizzes think Woody is going to risk the sucess of his multi billion dollar organization to do some sort of idiotic favor to someone not involved with Jet Blue for the last 20 years.

Yeah, this happens all the time

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

No you're probably right he's just the worst pick in Jets history for no reason 

And he's still here 

You explain it then 

Let me know, did the Jet Blue people get to Simms and all the scouting services that picked ZW as their #2 QB behind TL?

You need someone to explain to you why the Jets are holding out until the last minute trying to get out from under the financial commitment they’d be held to by cutting him?  Without any benefit other than to a few fans who just can’t seem to understand the point?  

Picking a QB ranked 2 overall at #2 when you need a QB isn’t a bad pick.  Other than as often is the case, highly ranked college QBs bust.  

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, it happens in two peoples minds here.

You two financial whizzes think Woody is going to risk the sucess of his multi billion dollar organization to do some sort of idiotic favor to someone not involved with Jet Blue for the last 20 years.

Yeah, this happens all the time

Risking what now?

4 minutes ago, Xtina said:

What do you suppose are the possibilities? 🤭

Saleh: I want to match the Panthers offer for Clowney.
Woody: Absolutely not, not when I have to still pay Zach Wilson. I keep receipts too.
Saleh: Are we all in for this season or not?
Woody: I'm all in as far as I'm going in... Unless of course you're talking about my putts on the greens. **Woody Laughs**
Saleh: Lucky shot today. See you on the course tomorrow! 

3 hours ago, TBJ said:

Word on the street is Woody is trying to force Saleh into dating Ice Spice, supposedly some big Pfizer ad money is at stake.

Is  alleged Ice Spice tape real or just internet gossip?

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Risking what now?

Seriously?  You can’t understand why an owner would waste the second best asset by allowing a long retired airline exec to draft his nephew to play QB for a team as opposed to a more talented QB.  Draft a ZW over a Mahomes because it would make a long retired JetBlue exec happy?  LOL  Doesn’t strike you as an incredibly stupid way to run any business?  Not only incredibly stupid by this owner but incredibly stupid for any owner and not something that happens here or in the real world all the time? 

On one hand you claim Woodys all about money on the other you dribble on yourself not being able to understand that a miss at QB devalues the by millions upon millions.  While being a playoff team increases the value by millions and a SB contender 100xs that.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Seriously?  You can’t understand why an owner would waste the second best asset by allowing a long retired airline exec to draft his nephew to ply QB for a team as opposed to a better QB.  Doesn’t strike you as an incredibly stupid way to run any business?  Not only incredibly stupid by this owner but incredibly stupid for any owner and not something that happens here or in the real world all the time? 

On one hand you claim Woodys all about money on the other you dribble on yourself not being able to understand that a miss at QB devalues the by millions upon millions.  While being a playoff team increases the value by millions and a SB contender 100xs that.  

You are literally making my argument for me and you don’t even realize it. 

• WTF? 1