Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You are literally making my argument for me and you don’t even realize it. 

The argument that the JetBlue type favor

“This happens in fortune 100 and high level government all the time.”

forget it 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The argument that the JetBlue type favor

“This happens in fortune 100 and high level government all the time.”

forget it 

The Jets are run terribly and still make money because they are an NFL franchise. Putting a kid on the team because of a higher level relationship was never going to jeopardize the Jets or Woodys worth. In fact it probably elevated it. Yes, in any corporate setting and the highest levels of govt (cough Kusher cough Hunter) these things happen frequently. Hollywood is full of this too. You think Will Smith’s kid can act?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

We’ve reached the point with this administration that every tweet like this has to be passed through a mental filter of “is this reporter a Saleh guy or a Douglas guy?”

Thankfully this is the one and only report like this. 

13 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Saleh bitching about Zach coming back next season.  Can you blame him?  Zach has single-handedly ruined his coaching career.  A functional franchise led by semi-competent people would have cut Zach before last season yet Zach is 2 old frail players getting injured away from starting games again.  Pathetic.

Holy mother-of-God....   you and @Matt39 might actually be correct about them keeping Zach.  Fk! Fk! FK! FK! FK! FK!

My hatred for this imbecile of an owner just increased beyond description.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets are run terribly and still make money because they are an NFL franchise. Putting a kid on the team because of a higher level relationship was never going to jeopardize the Jets or Woodys worth. In fact it probably elevated it. Yes, in any corporate setting and the highest levels of govt (cough Kusher cough Hunter) these things happen frequently. 

OMG you are serious.

Winning never affects the value of a team.  You got it.  
And no these things don’t happen often.  
No exec gives a damn if Will Smiths kid can act.  They put him in ma movie because they thought he would bring in money.  He didn’t.  They didn’t put him in another movie.  
Not the same as issuing up your only shot at a QB and drafting a ZW instead of say Fields just to be nice for no apparent reason

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

OMG you are serious.

And no these things don’t happen often.  

Today the Jets are worth more than they have ever been in its franchises history. They haven’t made the playoffs in 14 years. What are you talking about lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Today the Jets are worth more than they have ever been in its franchises history. They haven’t made the playoffs in 14 years. What are you talking about lol

It is amazing how a really simple long proven ideal is lost on you.  
Let’s get this logic straight, because the Jets keep increasing in value while losing, they wouldn’t be worth even more if they won.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I read that Saleh threw a podium at Woody.

Would be greatest comeback in history of pro sports if ZW turned into a legit starting QB.

One would think getting benched for Strev and Timmy “Lance that” Boyle in B2B seasons would spell the end of one’s career.

Never forget 🤣

https://youtu.be/zOPtm1-VAPs?si=JVOfdLYskdIoRHwG

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

No kidding Matt.  Every team on the NFL is worth more than ever before.  Wondering why the cap goes up every year?  Are you totally lost?  
So what you’re saying is because they’re worth more today than last season that they would now be happy to sign an ex exec from JetBlues nephew for no apparent reason if he wasn’t their top pick at QB.  Just for the F of it.  To do someone a favor, someone who is is no way able to return favors on his own.  That’s you conspiracy theory.  And you’re sticking with it.    

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

@Matt39 sending you the bat/zach signal. I'm on board with you now. Woody is keeping Zach Wilson around and it's tearing this team apart. 

Saleh and Douglas want to move on but can't because they have their hands tied.

It’s tearing the anti-Zach people apart, that’s for sure. 

19 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Why would anyone but Saleh and Woody know what it's about? It was between them. You want the source to go up to them with a mic and ask what it was about after? 

Heated exchange that got awkward for everyone suggests they were loud. Cuz if they were having that exchange in a closed room where no one could hear them, why would anyone feel awkward? Seems like a bs source with a bs story on a slow March Wednesday. 

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No kidding Matt.  Every team on the NFL is worth more than ever before.  Wondering why the cap goes up every year?  Are you totally lost?  
So what you’re saying is because they’re worth more today than last season that they would now be happy to sign an ex exec from JetBlues nephew for no apparent reason if he wasn’t their top pick at QB.  Just for the F of it.  To do someone a favor, someone who is is no way able to return favors on his own.  That’s you conspiracy theory.  And you’re sticking with it.    

I’m saying Zach remains on the team because of the owner. He statistically one of the worst QBs over the last 25 years to start games. It’s not complicated. Him and the uncle are tight. You know this. What the benefit is we can only speculate, but yes likely monetary. This type of quid pro quo happens every day, in every industry, all the time. 

• More Ugh 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Half of these teams are Super Bowl contenders, and the other half are widely regarded as dumpster fires, so the correlation clearly isn’t that strong:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Half of these teams are Super Bowl contenders, and the other half are widely regarded as dumpster fires, so the correlation clearly isn’t that strong:

I mean, simply moving to Las Vegas and getting a new stadium moved the Raiders from like 32nd to 10th.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Matt do you have any proof or even some kind of circumstantial proof? I mean your claim is really really out there not unlike the conspiracy theories regarding that ship that hit the bridge.

Rich woody is keeping rich Zach due to rich family ties? I do agree that nepotism and such is very common but cmon now give us a morsal of proof anything

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Matt do you have any proof or even some kind of circumstantial proof? I mean your claim is really really out there not unlike the conspiracy theories regarding that ship that hit the bridge.

Rich woody is keeping rich Zach due to rich family ties? I do agree that nepotism and such is very common but cmon now give us a morsal of proof anything

The bridge lol. What’s the obsession with the bridge.

It’s an opinion and we share them on a Jets fan board. I’m not on the stand Roy bean. Zach’s one of the worst QBs in league history to start this many games. Simple dot connecting isn’t complex. His uncle runs in the same circles as woody (Greenwich/Nyc) via corporate ties and politics. Do people get put on corporate boards as favors for something bigger? Political appointments? You think Trump made woody an ambassador because of his grasp of international politics? lol no.  This stuff happens all of the time.