Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

Just now, HighPitch said:

so cocky. and with a bizarre theory to boot.....

WJ: "Im really enjoying my day here on our white only golf course mr. uncle. But I have something to tell you"

U: "Buffy, get me my five iron and a compari on the rocks.....whats is it woodruff?"

WJ: "Fat Joe is signing AR8 and we just need to move on from your nephew....the peasants in the upper level are circling"

U: "Woodruff you bald F, after everything weve been through? Together? Youre going to bench my boy???"

WJ: "I'm sorry uncle. Fans on message boards are starting to figure out our relationship, why your nephew is still starting and its not a good look. Sadly, I have to do things to at least make believe I care about winning"

U; "You little bald prick, youll never fly jetblue again. You are banned. Im going to focus my anger on the baltimore bridge now"

Or he’s simply courting his near billionaire friend for political support in 2024. Something Woody admittedly cares more about than the Jets winning. Or we could go with your boat theory.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I’m saying Zach remains on the team because of the owner. He statistically one of the worst QBs over the last 25 years to start games. It’s not complicated. Him and the uncle are tight. You know this. What the benefit is we can only speculate, but yes likely monetary. This type of quid pro quo happens every day, in every industry, all the time. 

Exactly, you’ve made this complicated by being all over the place, starting with he’s a Jet because of his uncle and Jet Blue.  Favors similar to fortune 100 companies relationships and political favors.  
I have no idea if he’s tight with his uncle, I’ve never read much about their relationship.  He’s never worked for him, he delivered food while in school.  Didn’t have a job at JetBlue.  I don’t know that he gets a monetary benefit from his uncle.  You have proof give it up or move on, you’re back to just making shlt up to support your conspiracy theories.

Quid pro quo, LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

44 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The bridge lol. What’s the obsession with the bridge.

It’s an opinion and we share them on a Jets fan board. I’m not on the stand Roy bean. Zach’s one of the worst QBs in league history to start this many games. Simple dot connecting isn’t complex. His uncle runs in the same circles as woody (Greenwich/Nyc) via corporate ties and politics. Do people get put on corporate boards as favors for something bigger? Political appointments? You think Trump made woody an ambassador because of his grasp of international politics? lol no.  This stuff happens all of the time.

1000_F_565846927_3nzq51d8SnTFlUkIH3ViD8p7IA5yMYkC.jpg

25 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I am so damn confused 

what happened to this thread and what is it about?

I took the kids to Universal Studios for a couple of days. Checked out of the board for a bit. Glad to see everything is business as usual...

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Crypto Reaction GIF by BitPal

I hope the jets paying you well goofy

Yeah I’m shilling.  
Because I said hopefully we’ve reached the point where every tweet like this doesn’t have to be passed through a mental filter of “is this reporter a Saleh guy or a Douglas guy?

If you’re going to be an ass, be an ass on point.  

22 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Sure thing. I can tell you the following:

The last time someone came to the defense of the media on what was going on internally with the Jets, what I heard was correct, and what Russini/Rosenblatt heard was wrong.  That person decided to white-knight for them because they get off on being miserable, and decided to make it personal.  Turns out, *WHOOPSIE*, they should have waited a bit before deciding to be a d*ck to me because it’s very clear that those 2 reporters speak to absolutely no one with credibility in that building.  So, with that being said, I’m done with the passive attitude and am going to defend myself going forward.   Let’s keep the train moving then, shall we?

When Tyron Smith was talking to the Jets, I posted it here 2-3 days before the signing was official, while Rosenblatt was telling Jets fans that it wasn’t going to happen and to keep our eyes on the draft for a rookie LT.

When the Jets were talking to Mike Williams, scheduling a visit, and feeling great about their chances, I posted it here before that was made official.  Rosenblatt was, again, standing by his sources that told him the Jets weren’t likely going to land him.

That’s just this off-season.  Do you want me to keep going, or is my point abundantly clear now?

Just about every source out there had the Jets interested in Smith and Williams. Nobody here… and I mean nobody predicted we’d sign both.

BTW going from what we paid them, the Jets didn’t have much competition either.

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Exactly, you’ve made this complicated by being all over the place, starting with he’s a Jet because of his uncle and Jet Blue.  Favors similar to fortune 100 companies relationships and political favors.  
I have no idea if he’s tight with his uncle, I’ve never read much about their relationship.  He’s never worked for him, he delivered food while in school.  Didn’t have a job at JetBlue.  I don’t know that he gets a monetary benefit from his uncle.  You have proof give it up or move on, you’re back to just making shlt up to support your conspiracy theories.

Quid pro quo, LOL

I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned JetBlue nor do I think that was the reason he was drafted.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned JetBlue nor do I think that was the reason he was drafted.

QB Zach Wilson the Jet blew in pretty much every start.

JetBlue...Jet blew.

I don't believe in the impossible odds of such visible coincidences myself, but keep sticking your head in the sand if it makes you feel better.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Half of these teams are Super Bowl contenders, and the other half are widely regarded as dumpster fires, so the correlation clearly isn’t that strong:

NY franchises will always be cash money. The Jets and Giants could lose for 20 more years and still both be top 10. 

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

Wait...that ship hit the bridge to make sure Zach Wilson remained a jet? 

Angry Denzel Washington GIF

Yes. Somehow. Thats what goes on behind the scene of uber wealthy and powerful ppl. The jet blue uncle probably put out a huge insurance policy and had Buffy take out the cotter pin on the ships propellor. Buffy is an avid diver ya know

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, varjet said:

My impression is that Saleh is a lame duck, he knows it, he is frustrated about that and his bumbling owners, he hates Zach Wilson who has almost single-handedly ruined his career, and he wishes he was back in SF as DC with Woody’s money.  

He does not seem all-in. 

I don’t think we can blame booze for anything that happened.  I don’t think Saleh drinks.  Woody seems to be drinking more.  As I told a friend today, the good thing about the 2024 off season is that I think it has been incontrovertibly exposed that Woody is the source of all of this organization’s problems.  

At some point this off season Ulbrich is the interim HC.  I don’t know when, but it is coming. 

How would you know any of this?   From reading things written by people who get paid the more upset (and clicky) you get?

Look, you can talk about bad decisions from both of them and JD all day long, but in this case, man... you're the product.   

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So, just curious, if you say there is a huge connection between the uncle and woody, how do you explain the comment woody made that if a deal for zach does not materialize he will NOT be cut and remain on the team (as qb3)?

If there was a connection, wouldnt zach be released for greener pastures?

explain 

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

So, just curious, if you say there is a huge connection between the uncle and woody, how do you explain the comment woody made that if a deal for zach does not materialize he will NOT be cut and remain on the team (as qb3)?

explain 

Greener pastures? I don’t think Zach is in the league if not for the Jets

59 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I took the kids to Universal Studios for a couple of days. Checked out of the board for a bit. Glad to see everything is business as usual...

sure you had a great time as did the kids.

They still have that hannah barbera ride there?

I rode that bout 20 years ago and it f'd me up the entire day. I was so damn dizzy I was stumbling 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Do they have that stupid Harry Potter ride at the FL one too? That thing made me vomit and I looked like a giant bitch in front of a bunch of kids dressed up like Dumbledore. 

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

12 pages, 435 responses, over 100,000 impressions. This is why I’m unbannable. This is why @Maxman signed me and my team to that lucrative creator contract. This is why the Corolla is paid off. 

That’s weird because literally the only thing in my contract is I can’t make fun of anybody besides you without getting banned so I figured you were here for target practice.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Ugh, yeah you have.  And you wouldn’t even have come to mentioning the uncle if not for the perceived trillions he has because of Jet Blue. 
Your flip Flopping is tiring at this point, I’m done with the crazy idea that he was a Jet, is a Jet because of his uncle.  And every conspiracy you’ve concocted because you assume he’s rich and close to Zach and also Woody without a clue if either is true

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, bitonti said:

No you're probably right he's just the worst pick in Jets history for no reason 

And he's still here 

You explain it then 

It’s been explained over and over again 

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

12 pages, 435 responses, over 100,000 impressions. This is why I’m unbannable. This is why @Maxman signed me and my team to that lucrative creator contract. This is why the Corolla is paid off. 

image.png.7c143643253c61c13dd5d2c629ac1928.png

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

good-job-pooping.gif

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets are run terribly and still make money because they are an NFL franchise. Putting a kid on the team because of a higher level relationship was never going to jeopardize the Jets or Woodys worth. In fact it probably elevated it. Yes, in any corporate setting and the highest levels of govt (cough Kusher cough Hunter) these things happen frequently. Hollywood is full of this too. You think Will Smith’s kid can act?

You are a walking, talking, living example of the Dunning–Kruger effect in action.

I'll wager the entirety of your personal knowledge of "higher level relationships" in "corporate settings at the highest levels" and "highest levels of government", and your understanding of finance and accounting and profitability for NFL teams, comes entirely from watching your favored News outlet on cable TV and the things you read on the algorithm-driven content-reinforcing seedier side of fact-free conspiracy-mad social media.   Throw in a few visits to Alex Jones-like websites for good measure.

SMH, you're a perfect example of the core problem of our society these days:  Free of facts or evidence or experience, easy led by the loudest demagogues, and loudly full of angry theories and beliefs and utterly unmoved by any competing arguments or facts.  

• Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

explain 

It's better to be in the NFL than not in the NFL 

If Zach wasn't on the Jets he'd be unemployed 

That's the takeaway from trying to trade him 

Other teams don't do family favors they are more merit based

Zach wilson has never earned anything by his own merit in his entire life 

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Just about every source out there had the Jets interested in Smith and Williams. Nobody here… and I mean nobody predicted we’d sign both.

BTW going from what we paid them, the Jets didn’t have much competition either.

Yeah, no.  I’ll entertain this one post for fun because, like I said, I’m going to defend myself going forward.  Your friends over at the Athletic, who couldn’t break a punter re-signing, specifically said that it’s highly unlikely they sign here:

IMG_6540.thumb.jpeg.c50d1d7e3ff4075b3e11330c364c4d7b.jpeg

IMG_6554.thumb.jpeg.e7b46c6a23a6e9bd64de277a195d9957.jpeg

IMG_6553.thumb.jpeg.96dd137f81cec2dadd1ff595b2d59dac.jpeg

Whether you want to swallow your pride or not regarding who I speak to at this point is a you problem, but while Zack “Dianna & I have 30 individual Jets sources but can’t break a signing, release, or restructure” Rosenblatt was f’ng around on X, cracking jokes about movies, games, maps, or other BS, I was here 2-3 days prior telling people that the Jets and, specifically, Tyron Smith were talking, going as far to say that I don’t think that it’s unlikely that he signs here after what I had heard, even if I still had my own personal reservations about Smith’s interest in us.  

It’s documented.  People saw it.  If you choose to not believe it, again, that’s on you now, so you can go ahead and wait for the dynamic duo to tweet out “I can confirm @__________’s report that *players name* has signed with the Jets” if you want.  I’m gonna keep doing me so I can enjoy having actual football discussions with people on this forum

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

SMH, you're a perfect example of the core problem of our society these days:  Free of facts or evidence or experience, easy led by the loudest demagogues, and loudly full of angry theories and beliefs and utterly unmoved by any competing arguments or facts.  

I've said this before I'll say it again 

Zach isn't a conspiracy theory 

Conspiracy involves secrets. They estimate 350k people would have to keep their mouth shut to fake the moon landing 

There's nothing about the Zach situation that isn't common knowledge 

He's a sh*tty player, an even worse teammate and he's got a job because he has friends in high places 

It's not a conspiracy. It's more like synergy 

Like when tostidos puts the salsa next to the chips. It's not a secret scam it's marketing 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You are a walking, talking, living example of the Dunning–Kruger effect in action.

I'll wager the entirety of your personal knowledge of "higher level relationships" in "corporate settings at the highest levels" and "highest levels of government", and your understanding of finance and accounting and profitability for NFL teams, comes entirely from watching your favored News outlet on cable TV and the things you read on the algorithm-driven content-reinforcing seedier side of fact-free conspiracy-mad social media.   Throw in a few visits to Alex Jones-like websites for good measure.

lol

36 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Do they have that stupid Harry Potter ride at the FL one too? That thing made me vomit and I looked like a giant bitch in front of a bunch of kids dressed up like Dumbledore. 

You sure those weren’t just Italian children with early onset facial hair? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

It’s almost like the media has started to associate negative stories about the jets with easy clicks 

It's the medias fault these stories are ugly 

It's not the Jets fault for being completely dysfunctional oh no that could never be 

It's the reporters who's to blame.