Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Sure thing. I can tell you the following:

The last time someone came to the defense of the media on what was going on internally with the Jets, what I heard was correct, and what Russini/Rosenblatt heard was wrong.  That person decided to white-knight for them because they get off on being miserable, and decided to make it personal.  Turns out, *WHOOPSIE*, they should have waited a bit before deciding to be a d*ck to me because it’s very clear that those 2 reporters speak to absolutely no one with credibility in that building.  So, with that being said, I’m done with the passive attitude and am going to defend myself going forward.   Let’s keep the train moving then, shall we?

When Tyron Smith was talking to the Jets, I posted it here 2-3 days before the signing was official, while Rosenblatt was telling Jets fans that it wasn’t going to happen and to keep our eyes on the draft for a rookie LT.

When the Jets were talking to Mike Williams, scheduling a visit, and feeling great about their chances, I posted it here before that was made official.  Rosenblatt was, again, standing by his sources that told him the Jets weren’t likely going to land him.

That’s just this off-season.  Do you want me to keep going, or is my point abundantly clear now?

Forget the past.

What's happening next? 

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's actually very unusual to be as bad as Zach and get that many starts 

Please look up his historical bust peers, 2 years maybe, no one but Zach gets 3. He should have been moved off the roster before last year 

Meanwhile Zach wilson is still on the roster in year 4. After throwing the defense under the bus against the pats, begging out of games last year with a dehydration concussion and shipping his furniture (and himself) back to Utah with a month left in the season 

Clearly he's getting special treatment from someone 

If he were anyone else but Zach wilson he'd he getting his bonus clawed back for breach of contract 

The only other player that compares is Kyle Boller. That is it from a historical perspective. 

Edited by Matt39
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Any other team cuts this player. He’s a complete sunk cost.

100%

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

It’s like the Jets are creating a scenario of looking like they have no choice but to keep him. Actually that’s exactly what’s happening. And people will defend it.

If he's still on the team after the draft it'll be clear this is correct but I'm still hopeful it's BS posturing and he'll be gone.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's actually very unusual to be as bad as Zach and get that many starts 

Please look up his historical bust peers, 2 years maybe, no one but Zach gets 3.

Why do you keep ignoring that JD traded for Rodgers?

Is it your argument then that Woody KNEW Rodgers would get hurt, and secretly planned for Zach to start after all?

The third year, again, was an example of poor GM'ing.  A refusal to move on from "his guy", who would have hurt out cap pretty badly if cut, hoping he'd come around under the HOF'er the GM traded to get and start.

He should have been moved off the roster before last year 

Remind me Bit, what was the cap hit for 2023 if Zach was cut before the 2023 NFL League year?

And why do you think the GM that picked the kid wouldn't be biased towards giving "his guy" a last chance under a HOF'er?  You've never seen or heard of a biased GM who favors his guys before, eh, lol?

Meanwhile Zach wilson is still on the roster in year 4.

For now.  We'll see if he's on the roster come camp.  Long way to go yet.

Clearly he's getting special treatment from someone 

You can tell by all the benching's and leaked embarrassing stories.  Definitely the way a "made guy" and "favor to a poorer frend who once owned a company that advertises with us for no reason (other than their main Hub being right next door and being the biggest city in America)" gets treated when beloved by the Owner. 

We see it all the time, right?  So common.

If he were anyone else but Zach wilson he'd he getting his bonus clawed back for breach of contract 

Who was the last NFL QB who had "his bonus clawed back for breach of contract" Bit?

Since it would "happen to anyone but Zach", I am sure you have a loooong list of this happening....right?

I'll wait. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The only other player that compares is Kyle Boller. That is it from a historical perspective. 

And Kyle Boller was a 19th overall pick.  Massive difference in draft capital when compared to # 2 overall.

• Upvote 2

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Woody and Saleh argue at the owners meeting. I guess it's pretty serious.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Is this trafficking in baseless rumor mongering? Yes. But, it’s a Wednesday in March. 

NFLN’s Colleen Wolfe, on the Around The NFL pod, offered up this tiny morsel—that Saleh and Woody were seen in a heated argument at a party at the Owner’s Meetings, and that it (her sources say) got “awkward” for everyone else. No info on what the conversation was about, but it’s fun to speculate. Saleh looked and sounded like a defeated man last weekend, and has been in hiding for three months besides. He can’t be loving that Woody has made himself the spokesman for the team and is making news with Zach Wilson bullsh*t even now. 

For those interested in the report, it’s in the last ten minutes of this podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/around-the-nfl/id680904259?i=1000650545210

STFU Woody. You know if Trump wins you are going back to the UK

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Please no religious jokes.

Morphing into my dad now 98.175% complete

Zach benefiting from his wealthy uncles political and business relationships is just a “bridge” too far.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Zach benefiting from his wealthy uncles political and business relationships is just a “bridge” too far.

An NFL Owner knowingly tanking his own team for three (now maybe four) seasons as a "favor" to a materially poorer acquaintance, for the stated motivation of somehow placating a pre-existing advertiser (JetBlue) long ago owned by that poorer acquaintance decades ago (and like three new airlines ago), for an advertising relationship that in any sane business environment would exist regardless of either uncle or QB nephew due to their hub location and market size.......all overruling both GM and Head Coach, and somehow knowing that the HOF QB they traded for would get hurt so that "favor" QB could play again?  Yeah....

We really do have several JD Apologists here at JN, just unwilling to truly accept the totality of JD's failure as a GM so far, and his constant mistakes when it comes to the Offensive talent on this team.  Living so deep in denial they can't even live in the real world, and have to create a conspiracy theory involving Woody, JD, Saleh, the entire NFL scouting depts, JetBlue Management and Board, and of course, Zach's uncle, who for some reason wants this "favor" for his nephew that has led that nephew being the laughingstock of the NFL and an all-time NFL bust, a joke who will live on for ages as a bad pick,  and has benefitted not his own Airline, but the airline he owned for 20 years ago.

Makes total sense. 

No idea why people wouldn't just believe it.  :roll:  It's so logical and simple.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

An NFL Owner knowingly tanking his own team for three (now maybe four) seasons as a "favor" to a materially poorer acquaintance, for the stated motivation of somehow placating a pre-existing advertiser (JetBlue) long ago owned by that poorer acquaintance decades ago (and like three new airlines ago), for an advertising relationship that in any sane business environment would exist regardless of either uncle or QB nephew due to their hub location and market size.......all overruling both GM and Head Coach, and somehow knowing that the HOF QB they traded for would get hurt so that "favor" QB could play again?  Yeah....

We really do have several JD Apologists here at JN, just unwilling to truly accept the totality of JD's failure as a GM so far, and his constant mistakes when it comes to the Offensive talent on this team.  Living so deep in denial they can't even live in the real world, and have to create a conspiracy theory involving Woody, JD, Saleh, the entire NFL scouting depts, JetBlue Management and Board, and of course, Zach's uncle, who for some reason wants this "favor" for his nephew that has led that nephew being the laughingstock of the NFL and an all-time NFL bust, a joke who will live on for ages as a bad pick,  and has benefitted not his own Airline, but the airline he owned for 20 years ago.

Makes total sense. 

No idea why people wouldn't just believe it.  :roll:  It's so logical and simple.

Tanking? The Jets print money.

i know you know this, but in case you did not- football is entertainment. Some owners care about winning more than others. Hollywood is also entertainment- here’s a guide, https://www.vulture.com/article/hollywood-nepotism-babies-list-taxonomy.html

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. Did Becton mature?

2. Is JFM more valuable than some give him credit for?

3. Was Rodgers really ready to return last year and was the buzz about his late season practices real or manufactured?

4. Last man standing in a physical fight?  JD, Saleh or our very own Kevin?

What'd be hilarious is if this "heated convo" came to blows, and scrawny 76 year-old Woody beat the crap out of Saleh. No it wouldn't happen, and I wouldn't be rooting for either one exactly, but obviously the visual is better with Woody victorious. Then whipping it out & peeing a W onto him. Please let this happen. It'd be the most entertaining this franchise has been in over a decade.

Totally unrelated, I have been told I have quite the imagination.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What'd be hilarious is if this "heated convo" came to blows, and scrawny 76 year-old Woody beat the crap out of Saleh. No it wouldn't happen, and I wouldn't be rooting for either one exactly, but obviously the visual is better with Woody victorious. Then whipping it out & peeing a W onto him as he lays motionless on the floor. Please let this happen. It'd be the most entertaining this franchise has been in over a decade.

Totally unrelated, I have been told I have quite the imagination.

You're sick!  I love it.

Peeing Tv Show GIF by HULU

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Woody probably called him out on his golf handicap.

Woody: With all the golf you play, how is it you still have a 20+ handicap?

Saleh: I need a better work life balance!

Woody put a PSL on the Metlife steps ,Saleh lost it., 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Remind me Bit, what was the cap hit for 2023 if Zach was cut before the 2023 NFL League year?

He probably had some residual trade value before last year. Walking out on the team was a new low 

and no i don't excuse JD or think he's any good at his job. I'm sure he thought Rodgers would mentor Zach and save that pick. 

I just don't think he'd stick with such a toxic cancerous player unless the ownership was fully bought in 

after all his job is on the line too 

Ownership decides QB1 that's the way it is league wide. Let's not pretend just because Saleh is called a HC he's like Andy Reid or something and gets to decide the QB depth chart. He doesn't. And really, neither does JD. If Rosina rumors are to be believed JD wanted to bring in another QB after Rodgers got hurt and Woody said "no more money at QB" 

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Zach and his uncle and the rest of his family's most fervent desire is to have him stay in his dream job on the NY Jets, surrounded by the fanbase that loves him so. That's why Woody is obliging this favor again.

You just don't get it, fool. Open your eyes!

if we've learned anything from this trade process, if it wasn't for Zach's connections he wouldn't be on an NFL roster at all

more than half the teams in the league don't even carry a QB3 on the roster anymore. It's a job for Practice squad players making less than half a mil not guys making 11 million dollars. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Coaches with options don't want to come here, because they fear the regime is doomed.  Which they will be, if they don't make the playoffs and make some noise this season.

FWIW, Rosenblatt said he talked to one of the coaches whom the Jets were interested in and that was apparently the response—it’s not a staff anyone wants to join right now because there’s limited job security and you don’t have any control of your destiny because Hackett calls the plays and Rodgers runs the entire operation anyway. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, Rosenblatt said he talked to one of the coaches whom the Jets were interested in and that was apparently the response—it’s not a staff anyone wants to join right now because there’s limited job security and you don’t have any control of your destiny because Hackett calls the plays and Rodgers runs the entire operation anyway. 

in related news Draft Kings released the futures totals today 

Jets 9.5 Wins (again) 

hammer the under 

• Post of the Week 2

Other theories:

• I checked JetBlue’s filings.  Needleman does not have a reportable interest in JetBlue anymore.   It is widely, publicly held.  I do not think there is anything to the JetBlue/Zach Conspiracy theory.  
  • We know Woody’s inclinations already.  He does not like to sign his own mediocre or worse players to new contracts, and when he does pay a player money, he expects that player to play, even if he stinks.  He makes those views clearly known.
  • Woody’s choice was stick with Darnold for another $18mm for one year or take a shot with a new shiny face in Wilson for 4 years/$36mm.  Woody did not want to pay Darnold that much money for one year.  He wants to take a chance on a new QB.
  • I believe that the connection to JetBlue, the blond hair, dimples, Aryan look, etc. was appealing to Woody.  Just like Woody wanted Sanchez, and Darnold.  I believe JD wanted to please Woody and went with Wilson, as poorly scouted as he was.   Wilson was a riverboat gamble-he had the physical skills that Woody refers to every time he mentions Wilson’s name.  He was a fresh face for his marketing team to sell.   It was a gamble, like with all of the QBs in that class, did not work out.  NFL teams are going to take the ranked QBs.  Teams don’t look at them in terms of how they rank historically.  they look at that year.   That is a mistake.  I think the QBs this year will be better.
  • But if Woody was paying Wilson, he was not letting go.  He needed to play.  They won’t cut him.  He did not go to Wharton.  He did not take Managerial Accounting.  He does not understand sunk cost.  He does not understand the culture of the team, and having Wilson on the team poisons it, largely because of Woody’s other comments.  
  • The Jets will never make it out of the first round of the playoffs because of Woody.  

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

J!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

More than half the teams in the league don't even carry a QB3 on the roster anymore. It's a job for Practice squad players making less than half a mil not guys making 11 million dollars. 

I agree on zachs salary making him an untenable QB3, and that the newer "Practice squad elevation" rule will have most teams stashing their QB3s on practice squads (BUT they will be in the stadium on game days because they can be activated in emergency).

I believe this rule, combined with what we saw last year where many teams got caught pants down (some even WITH qb3s, steelers, Vikings, Jets, etc) will lead to a new robust market for QB3s making in the 1m-3m range. Salary caps are going up (and will continue to), and contending teams that aren't sitting on a developmental prospect they REALLY like will be looking to have Tim Boyles & Jarrett Stidhams already lined up. The QB2 market has already gotten its own boost. 

Of course, teams may not even view zach Wilson as good enough for that. But either way no one is taking his contract right now. 

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

Other theories:

• I checked JetBlue’s filings.  Needleman does not have a reportable interest in JetBlue anymore.   It is widely, publicly held.  I do not think there is anything to the JetBlue/Zach Conspiracy theory.  
  • We know Woody’s inclinations already.  He does not like to sign his own mediocre or worse players to new contracts, and when he does pay a player money, he expects that player to play, even if he stinks.  He makes those views clearly known.
  • Woody’s choice was stick with Darnold for another $18mm for one year or take a shot with a new shiny face in Wilson for 4 years/$36mm.  Woody did not want to pay Darnold that much money for one year.  He wants to take a chance on a new QB.
  • I believe that the connection to JetBlue, the blond hair, dimples, Aryan look, etc. was appealing to Woody.  Just like Woody wanted Sanchez, and Darnold.  I believe JD wanted to please Woody and went with Wilson, as poorly scouted as he was.   Wilson was a riverboat gamble-he had the physical skills that Woody refers to every time he mentions Wilson’s name.  He was a fresh face for his marketing team to sell.   It was a gamble, like with all of the QBs in that class, did not work out.  NFL teams are going to take the ranked QBs.  Teams don’t look at them in terms of how they rank historically.  they look at that year.   That is a mistake.  I think the QBs this year will be better.
  • But if Woody was paying Wilson, he was not letting go.  He needed to play.  They won’t cut him.  He did not go to Wharton.  He did not take Managerial Accounting.  He does not understand sunk cost.  He does not understand the culture of the team, and having Wilson on the team poisons it, largely because of Woody’s other comments.  
  • The Jets will never make it out of the first round of the playoffs because of Woody.  

Darnold only cost $3.8M in 2021.  The $18M was for the option year.  The Jets already had paid Darnold something like $25M.  Wouldn't the inability to understand sunk cost have gotten him to stick with Darnold?  

6 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Darnold only cost $3.8M in 2021.  The $18M was for the option year.  The Jets already had paid Darnold something like $25M.  Wouldn't the inability to understand sunk cost have gotten him to stick with Darnold?  

I don’t think so.  Their choice was pay Darnold $18mm for a year, draft Wilson, or find someone else. 

In retrospect, the right move was to trade down and/or take the Gold Jacket, not take Wilson.  Trading Darnold was the right move.  Taking Wilson was not.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Woody: “Titleist!”

Saleh: “Callaway!”

Woody: “Titleist!!”

Saleh: “Callaway!!”

I'm a TaylorMade guy myself, been on staff with them the last 7 years. If ya ever need anything let me know lol

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Meh. C-