Woody and Saleh engaged in “heated” convo at owner’s meeting afterparty

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, no.  I’ll entertain this one post for fun because, like I said, I’m going to defend myself going forward.  Your friends over at the Athletic, who couldn’t break a punter re-signing, specifically said that it’s highly unlikely they sign here:

IMG_6540.thumb.jpeg.c50d1d7e3ff4075b3e11330c364c4d7b.jpeg

Whether you want to swallow your pride or not regarding who I speak to at this point is a you problem, but while Zack “Dianna and I have 30 individual sources” Rosenblatt was f’ng around on Twitter cracking jokes about movies, games, and other BS, I was here 2-3 days prior telling people that the Jets and, specifically, Tyron Smith were talking and I don’t think that it’s unlikely that he signs here after what I had heard.  It’s documented.  People saw it.  If you choose to not believe it, again, that’s on you and you can go ahead and wait for the dynamic duo to tweet out “I can confirm ____’s report that *players name* has signed with the Jets” if you want.  I’m gonna keep doing me.

Can confirm. I thought you were just trying to make us feel better when you mentioned Smith. That one really shocked me. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

It's the medias fault these stories are ugly 

It's not the Jets fault for being completely dysfunctional oh no that could never be 

It's the reporters who's to blame. 

Fake stories are fake dude 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I've said this before I'll say it again 

Zach isn't a conspiracy theory 

Conspiracy involves secrets. They estimate 350k people would have to keep their mouth shut to fake the moon landing 

There's nothing about the Zach situation that isn't common knowledge 

He's a sh*tty player, an even worse teammate and he's got a job because he has friends in high places 

It's not a conspiracy. It's more like synergy 

Like when tostidos puts the salsa next to the chips. It's not a secret scam it's marketing 

It’s a well known fact that Zach is in the Illuminati too

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Can confirm. I thought you were just trying to make us feel better when you mentioned Smith. That one really shocked me. 

It shocked me too.  Personally, I thought we were simply getting used by Smith for a bigger offer so he could take it back to Dallas.  Evidently not, and he signed here.  I’m very happy that he did and my gut was wrong.

But hey, I’m just always making sh*t up because I’m not a credentialed reporter I guess, right?  We have legitimate news being broken by random people on Reddit and Twitter before any of the bigger names (Schefter, Rapp, etc.) break it, but it must be physically impossible for someone who has had multiple verified Jets connections since 2016, who posts the news here and only here, to do the same.  That’s just me trying to be “the next big name (I don’t even reveal my actual name)” in sports reporting because, y’know, this place has more traffic than both of those aforementioned platforms combined and is the ultimate website to use to market myself!

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's better to be in the NFL than not in the NFL 

If Zach wasn't on the Jets he'd be unemployed 

That's the takeaway from trying to trade him 

Other teams don't do family favors they are more merit based

Zach wilson has never earned anything by his own merit in his entire life 

Zach didn’t earn his draft status on his own merit.  What did you eat by the time you were his age?  We know it wasn’t a degree in logic

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's better to be in the NFL than not in the NFL 

If Zach wasn't on the Jets he'd be unemployed 

That's the takeaway from trying to trade him 

Other teams don't do family favors they are more merit based

Zach wilson has never earned anything by his own merit in his entire life 

the face of mental illness has spoken.......

I am not a betting man but something tells me zach will be a backup qb next season somewhere. He has a job in the nfl that he has earned. unless you think he is also the 32 ranked backup to boot

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

I am not a betting man but something tells me zach will be a backup qb next season somewhere. He has a job in the nfl that he has earned. unless you think he is also the 32 ranked backup to boot

He doesn’t think he earned getting drafted on his own.  

Funniest part of this thread IMO is that pretty much nobody here is defending Woody as some kind of good owner.  He's horrible, makes horrible hires, likely meddles in horrible ways, etc.  I.e. Woody and his horrible hires are bad enough at their respective jobs that conspiracy theories and dark "upper level" cabals aren't even necessary to explain the failures and bad decisions.

Again, the old adage applies, never attribute to malice (or conspiracy) that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

53 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Do they have that stupid Harry Potter ride at the FL one too? That thing made me vomit and I looked like a giant bitch in front of a bunch of kids dressed up like Dumbledore. 

The gringots bank one where you tunnel through rock with the dragon and the ride cart spins around a sh*t load? My friend once got stuck spinning near the end of the ride... he had to go home and shower after as most of the ride car had puked EVERYWHERE.

I haven't laughed as hard since

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Zach didn’t earn his draft status on his own merit.  What did you eat by the time you were his age?  We know it wasn’t a degree in logic

Oh yeah his merit losing to coastal Carolina 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

He's not in the top 64 qbs in the world and he's probably not in the top 96 either 

He's earned nothing and continues to make money he never earned 

Oh yeah his merit losing to coastal Carolina 

So you were in a coma and missed all the scouting reports that had him ranked 2nd.  Those draft services, paid off by JetBlue?  Are you saying he wasn’t ranked just behind TL?  And he didn’t earn that spot?  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's not in the top 64 qbs in the world and he's probably not in the top 96 either 

how exactly has he not earned it? seriously all jokes aside.

The kid started playing FB. He threw well enough to play for a college team. he got drafted in the nfl. He got a contract for 5 years. 

I know someone who disdnt earn it, his name is bitonti the face of mental illness from NJ. How can I be sure? because he isnt playing fb anywhere.

Zach is. You cant take what he earned away from him. you can argue with saleh for not giving up on him earlier but the kid worked hard and has earned his $$$$.

It's not his fault all the draftniks were wrong

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

You'll need to take the failure of talent evaluation during COVID up with the entire NFL Bit, because despite your denials, Wilson was unquestionably a top prospect in that draft class.  I didn't agree, you didn't agree, but near on the entire NFL agreed as did near on all the various scouting entities/media.

Your idea that the JETS somehow led all of that is laughable on it's face.  The league had a rough year during a global pandemic with limited access at scouting talent.  That's all.  

There’s also the little problem that none of the other QBs have proven to be better NFL QBs.  They all suck after TL and placing ZW 2nd isn’t all that offensive 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So you were in a coma and missed all the scouting reports that had him ranked 2nd.  Those draft services, paid off by JetBlue?  Are you saying he wasn’t ranked just behind TL?  And he didn’t earn that spot?  

Scouting is group think and the group knew he was going 2

He should not have received a 1st Rd grade at all and no he didn't earn his draft status 

Any more questions I'd be happy to answer them 

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he is not in the top 64 qbs in the world yet there were some offers for him that the jets turned down

let that sink in a bit and reply

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You'll need to take the failure of talent evaluation during COVID up with the entire NFL Bit, because despite your denials, Wilson was unquestionably a top prospect in that draft class.  I didn't agree, you didn't agree, but near on the entire NFL agreed as did near on all the various scouting entities/media.  And a damn large percentage of JN agreed too.

Your idea that the JETS somehow led all of that is laughable on it's face.  The league had a rough year during a global pandemic with limited access at scouting talent.  That's all.  

You hit on my biggest issue with the JetBlue nonsense. I have no issue with people believing silly things, but when folks resort to revisionist history to make their beliefs seem more plausible, I get annoyed. 

Wilson was widely regarded as the 2nd best QB prospect in that draft. If the Jets didn’t take him, SF would have. 

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You'll need to take the failure of talent evaluation during COVID up with the entire NFL Bit, because despite your denials, Wilson was unquestionably a top prospect in that draft class.  I didn't agree, you didn't agree, but near on the entire NFL agreed as did near on all the various scouting entities/media.  And a damn large percentage of JN agreed too.

The only reason he was considered a top prospect was because the Jets leaked he was going top 3 before bowl season was over 

It was group think. People believe what they want... it happens every year 

It's happening right now with Caleb Williams in fact 

Just now, bitonti said:

Scouting is group think and the group knew he was going 2

He should not have received a 1st Rd grade at all and no he didn't earn his draft status 

Any more questions I'd be happy to answer them 

I find it ironic that a man with a slogan on his page that quotes parcells saying "you are what your record says you are" can turn around and say that the spirit of that message that you hold so dear does not apply to zach.

He got drafted 2nd for god sakes. How many ppl on this planet have done that?

So if he got drafted 2nd he must have earned it. 

• Haha 1

Just now, HighPitch said:

I find it ironic that a man with a slogan on his page that quotes parcells saying "you are what your record says you are" can turn around and say that the spirit of that message that you hold so dear does not apply to zach.

lolwut

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

he is not in the top 64 qbs in the world yet there were some offers for him that the jets turned down

let that sink in a bit and reply

I don't believe there were any offers 

It's that simple 

Who would want this player at all? He's a team cancer with no footwork who can't make simple reads 

The only reason he was considered a top prospect was because the Jets leaked he was going top 3 before bowl season was over 

It was group think. People believe what they want... it happens every year 

It's happening right now with Caleb Williams in fact 

oh cmon.....geez man you made a better argument about how crappy florida is because they dont build sidewalks along the highway than this one

Zach wilson is 13-21 that's his record 

His draft status is not his record. 

Using your logic Vernon gholston deserved to go 6 therefore he must be a great defensive end 

• WTF? 1

31 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Odds are pretty good that Zach Wilson will not be an NFL backup quarterback in 2024. Zach Wilson will probably be out of the league faster than you can say Josh Rosen. You have a better chance of seeing Zach Wilson as a 3rd string/practice squad quarterback in 2024 than you do seeing him as a backup quarterback.

• Upvote 2

oh cmon.....geez man you made a better argument about how crappy florida is because they dont build sidewalks along the highway than this one

What are we even discussing? 

Zach wilson is terrible and everyone who said different or believed in this player was wrong 

It's shocking he's employed by the jets or any team in any capacity 

It's not that complicated 

Zach wilson is 13-21 that's his record 

His draft status is not his record. 

Using your logic Vernon gholston deserved to go 6 therefore he must be a great defensive end 

yea i understand that his draft status is not his record. 

The point of parcell's statement was that everyone needs to shut up andstop making excuses and look at the bottom line. When a team is say 5-9 but the fans say "oh we are a better team than that we should have won the philly game and  blah blah blah" NO you are a 5-9 team

The same spirit can be translated to the draft... "oh zach is the worst qb ever he shouldnt even have been an udfa".....NO he is #2 because thats how it is

35 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Says the Jets season tickets holder.

Correct. The owner of the team that I spend a whole bunch of money on... thousands... every year since my 20's...  is an imbecile. Everything he does with this time turns to sh*t. He's dumb, rich for no reason other than inheritance, and fumbles every move he makes with this team.  The prior owner was bad too but he didn't meddle, just put dumb people in charge.  Woody does both.  Well Hess did fire Pete Caroll after his rookie HC season and replaced him with R_ _ h  K_ _ _ _e, the name that should never be said.

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

What are we even discussing? 

Zach wilson is terrible and everyone who said different or believed in this player was wrong 

It's shocking he's employed by the jets or any team in any capacity 

It's not that complicated 

nobody is arguing that.

We are now arguing about your claim that zach didnt earn anything in life

Just now, HighPitch said:

nobody is arguing that.

We are now arguing about your claim that zach didnt earn anything in life

I said what I said and I stand by it

Perhaps the onus should be on you to prove otherwise 

Getting drafted high is not earning anything. Jamarcus Russell went 1 for Christ's sake 

It's just proof someone got fooled