Official NFL Draft Rumors and News Thread

3 hours ago, derp said:

I think he definitely runs if he’s putting up a 4.55. It’s a good time at his size, better than LaPorta who was great last year at a similar size.

There’s the article talking about his 4.5 and 40” vert from high school that got everyone frothy, but Feldman’s freaks piece then said 36” vertical and runs in the 4.5’s and people don’t usually hit the Feldman numbers.

God, imagine if he’s one of those sneaky 4.69 guys? How far would he drop? 

Brock Bowers' 40-yard dash record

The last time Brock Bowers' 40-yard dash time was recorded was in 2019 when he participated in the Nike Sparq camp in the Bay Area. The invitation-only event featured high school prospects with numerous offers from the prestigious college football program nationwide.

Bowers was notably the only player in the Nike Sprarq camp with a single scholarship offer, which came from Nevada. Nonetheless, the tight end left an audience of onlookers perplexed during the camping event, with several unable to believe his 40-yard dash time.

He completed the run in 4.5 seconds despite weighing around 240 pounds. Since many camp officials didn't recognize Bowers and found his time hard to believe, they requested that he rerun it. Bowers completed the run at the same time in his second attempt.

This impressed the officials and scouts, with many approaching the TE prospect to learn more about him. That changed the complexion of his recruitment as Bowers began receiving offers from top programs nationwide. He ultimately committed to playing college football at Georgia.

he’s been highly successful and productive in the toughest conference in football displays unicorn ability lining up in the backfield, as a TE, in the slot, has big play home run ability, makes circus plays, but had a hamstring issue and didn’t run the 40. 

duh

He’s considered a top 10 prospect literally everywhere and nobody is questioning his athleticism. I’ve seen him rated as high as #2 by BR, #3 by Pauline. 

just because we don’t have a current 40 time doesn’t mean he’s a clod that has something to hide. It’s simple logic like it or not. He can’t get higher than #2 but he could cost himself millions if he runs 4.6 because of the hammy or a slow track or whatever. 

remember what they said on 1JD about Tippmann ?  “He’s the number one center on the analytics chart”

We will never know who is where on the jets analytics charts and y’all just have to accept that. 

just because you don’t know, doesn’t mean the team doesn’t know.  I don’t know how else to explain it.  

The main reason the mock drafts can’t predict the “surprise “picks is they obviously don’t have access to the team scouting reports or analytics.  The funny thing about mock drafts is teams are just now having the draft meetings and putting the board together. Mock drafts are influencing each other, not the teams. 

This is probably the most interesting draft in years for the Jets. Lots of different options.  I’m in the OT camp but if they take Bowers I’ll be totally ok with it.  

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

God, imagine if he’s one of those sneaky 4.69 guys? How far would he drop? 

I think he stays in the first because he runs away from guys on tape enough, and has been productive - that’s not a terrible time. But it probably eliminates top ten.

I’m guessing he’s just comfortable locking himself into the teens.

Or a team he likes told him they want him and not to work out and he’s fine with that. Giants said if there’s four QB’s in the top ten they’ll get the second best position player and they took the guy we debated most on this board two years ago (KT). Waller gone. They take another slot? Would be funny.

1 hour ago, WhartonJet said:

Because everyone knows you run faster against weaker opponents

no, but it's easy to catch and run against these teams than nfl defenses

obviously playing for georgia, he played some big time competition.  but he also put up some huge numbers against the sisters of the poor portion of the schedule.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

7 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

no, but it's easy to catch and run against these teams than nfl defenses

obviously playing for georgia, he played some big time competition.  but he also put up some huge numbers against the sisters of the poor portion of the schedule.

People are taking the stance that Bowers did not run at the combine, pro day, or private workout because he does not have elite speed.  Having him clocked at 22+ mph in a game (faster than Breece Hall has ever been clocked) dispels this notion.  If you want to argue about production against lesser competition, that is a different issue

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If the 40 was such an irrelevant non-issue, why would he not just run one?  Since it's meaningless and all.

You can't have it both ways.  The 40 can't be both entirely irrelevant to NFL GM's while also being such a risk to run that players refuse to do it out of fear of dropping in the draft.

Lets be honest here, MHJ isn't running one, because he knows his time won't be elite, and his agents think it'll hurt his draft stock vs. other top tier WR prospects who may run faster 40's, and he, MHJ, is already the top guy because of his play and his family name already, so why risk it.  That doesn't mean his strait line speed is meaningless or irrelevant, or that NFL GM's wouldn't want to see it, they just realize in this business why a guy in this spot wouldn't risk it, and they accept that's a part of the game.

I’ve mentioned the leg injury he’s been recuperating from numerous times and how his “peers” were training for combine for combine specific tests like that for up to 3 months while he was unable to, so I’ll answer your query with two of my own…

1. If you were him, and felt you were 70-80% and undertrained would you (and your agent) think it wise to participate?

2. Second, and most pertinent to this thread is the fact that him not testing seems a lot more important to a bunch of overweight guys sitting at home with a bag of Cheetohs settled in to watch “Tight Ends Night at the Combine” on their couches than it does to NFL GMs.

I get that people here love to talk about the draft, and debate who should go where and why, but at the end of the day watching a bunch of Youtube clips and doing a different draft simulator 3x a day doesn’t make them an expert. It makes them a draft nerd who thinks he knows more than he does.

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ve mentioned the leg injury he’s been recuperating from numerous times and how his “peers” were training for combine for combine specific tests like that for up to 3 months while he was unable to, so I’ll answer your query with two of my own…

1. If you were him, and felt you were 70-80% and undertrained would you (and your agent) think it wise to participate?

Even if he were 100% I would advise him not to run if it's optional.  He can only hurt his draft slot, he cannot improve it.

10 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

2. Second, and most pertinent to this thread is the fact that him not testing seems a lot more important to a bunch of overweight guys sitting at home with a bag of Cheetohs settled in to watch “Tight Ends Night at the Combine” on their couches than it does to NFL GMs.

I get that people here love to talk about the draft, and debate who should go where and why, but at the end of the day watching a bunch of Youtube clips and doing a different draft simulator 3x a day doesn’t make them an expert. It makes them a draft nerd who thinks he knows more than he does.

Such an odd comment, because in this context, you too are a "overweight guy sitting at home with a bag of cheetoes" the same as the rest of us.

You have no unique insight into the minds of front offices or GM's.  You have no unique insight into player evaluation.  You're not an expert.  You're a guy on a forum who thinks HE knows more than he does, same as the rest of us fans.

Truth is, we have no idea if his refusal to run is an issue for any NFL GM or Front Office.  We Fans can only speculate, and we'll never know the real truth even after the draft.  It's generally accepted (because real, professional NFL insiders who do this for a living say it) that the very top end, top pick guys sometimes have the luxury to skip workouts or 40 times because those workouts can only hurt them if they fail to produce elite athletic times/scores at them.  But they also tend to say that NFL GM's are often wary, at least a little, when that happens (rightfully so, due diligence is a thing).  Doesn't mean they wouldn't pick the guy, but it does create doubt in the athleticism, injury-excuses or not. 

No score will almost always be better than a bad score, which is why agents advise guys not to participate if they're a near-consensus "best X" in that draft class and a likely top 5 pick regardless.

But again, this "I know the real deal, you're all just fat dumb fans" argument is frankly perplexing to me coming from another fan.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m not sure what to make of Brock Bowers anymore. Will someone smart tell me what to think please?

Here’s what I think… He’s probably a top 8-20 prospect, but the 3rd best pass catcher in this draft.
He really shouldn’t go top 10-15 unless a team is desperate for an offensive weapon and won’t be able to take either Nabors or Odunze… in other words, the Jets

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

But again, this "I know the real deal, you're all just fat dumb fans" argument is frankly perplexing to me coming from another fan.  

No, not even close.

I don’t do mock drafts, but yet I do enjoy reading comments about them. The last thing I’d ever say is I’m a draft expert… hell, I’ve never heard of 80% of the names people bring up here and quite frankly I have no interest in running a sim to find out who should go where.

Where I take umbrage with people here is when “guru ego” seeps into their comments and I read things like “we need to see..” or “his rep is based off a game against UT Martin”.

I’ll give you an example that has always stuck with me. Back about 6-7 years ago, I threw out Justin Herbert’s name as a QB I thought was destined for stardom after watching him play a few late night games early in his career. I won’t give his name (he rarely posts anymore) but the guy was this board’s self proclaimed OL expert. He taunted me for a year for that comment while he constantly extolled the virtues of Mekhi Becton preceding their upcoming draft.

He “knew” because he “studied tape tirelessly” and played OL in high school what a rare combination of size power, and wait for it… foot work Becton was. He called him a once in a generation LT and to quote him “I place my reputation as an OL expert on him.”

Number one… he had no reputation, other than the 4-5 guys here who bought into his BS, and the fact that Becton turned out how he did proved his arrogance was to be kind, misplaced.

TLDR? Opinions are what we’re here for. Just don’t come at me with a “I know better than you” attitude because I’ll call you ( not you specifically) out for it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Where I take umbrage with people here is when “guru ego” seeps into their comments and I read things like “we need to see..” or “his rep is based off a game against UT Martin”.

Well, "we need to see" when fans say it pretty much never means "we FANS need to see".  I think everyone here is adult enough to know we (Fans) get no say, and have no role.  What that means is "I believe NFL GM's need/want to see".  Which is not exactly far from the truth, or at least the generally accepted wisdom at worst.  

This is an old talk radio doldrums staple topic, "do you use they or we when discussing your favorite team".  Many many folks use we, but we all know it's really they.

I’ll give you an example that has always stuck with me. Back about 6-7 years ago, I threw out Justin Herbert’s name as a QB I thought was destined for stardom after watching him play a few late night games early in his career. I won’t give his name (he rarely posts anymore) but the guy was this board’s self proclaimed OL expert. He taunted me for a year for that comment while he constantly extolled the virtues of Mekhi Becton preceding their upcoming draft.

He “knew” because he “studied tape tirelessly” and played OL in high school what a rare combination of size power, and wait for it… foot work Becton was. He called him a once in a generation LT and to quote him “I place my reputation as an OL expert on him.”

Number one… he had no reputation, other than the 4-5 guys here who bought into his BS, and the fact that Becton turned out how he did proved his arrogance was to be kind, misplaced.

Even the smartest most clued-in guys here get it wrong from time to time.  In my own time, the Patrick Ramsey thing is literally a meme for those who've known me all these years at JI/JN, but far more recently I was a big doubter of both Allen (accuracy) and Jackson (was he really a QB or a Runner?), and was entirely wrong on both counts.  We all get stuff wrong, and yet we all (often) express our opinions as facts.

This just feels a little pedantic, more about delivery than the actual underlying topic.  I'll happily agree forum written word is often not the best way to communicate opinions, and that people far too often get tribal about "this guy" or "that thing" online.  i think to enjoy a forum like this you just have to ignore that aspect of online human communications.

TLDR? Opinions are what we’re here for. Just don’t come at me with a “I know better than you” attitude because I’ll call you ( not you specifically) out for it.

Some people do know better tho.  They are in fact more informed, more experienced )as in watched alot more of a guy than others have), etc.  Doesn't mean they are right in any argument by default, but if someone who watched every single Florida State game wants to tell me "they know better" about Johnny Wilson, WR, a guy I really like for us in the mid-rounds, when I've watched not a single Florida State game.....yeah, they do know better, and I should respect that knowledge to test my own viewpoints.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Wit said:

Is there ANY chance bowers gets picked BEFORE 10? That would mean (unless Atlanta took him) we get one of the guys we want.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is looking extremely unlikely. Of course, nothing is impossible in the draft, but if you look at the team needs and roster status of the other top 10 teams, there simply isn't a fit.

Several teams need QBs, and several others who need pass catchers will have access to "premium" WR picks (chargers, cardinals) and/or already have a top TE (Giants). The bears/titans/falcons all have a lot of pass catching talent and significantly larger needs at other positions (mainly in the trenches).

I think a big reason so many mocks have the Jets taking Bowers is that they want him to go top 10, but the Jets are the first team that has any kind of fit at all. And a trade into the top 10 for a TE when prices will be driven sky high by QB needy teams is unrealistic.

However, while nobody is likely to take Bowers ahead of us, if a 5th team comes for a QB in the top 10 it might still help someone else (likely Odunze or Nabers) fall to us 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

think a big reason so many mocks have the Jets taking Bowers is that they want him to go top 10, but the Jets are the first team that has any kind of fit at all. And a trade into the top 10 for a TE when prices will be driven sky high by QB needy teams is unrealistic.

However, while nobody is likely to take Bowers ahead of us, if a 5th team comes for a QB in the top 10 it might still help someone else (likely Odunze or Nabers) fall to us 

Please explain your reasoning for saying “they want him to go top 10”… who, and why.

As far as a 5th QB going before #10? The odds of that are very high, to say the least. The odds of Nabors or Odunze falling aren’t much better

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Well, "we need to see" when fans say it pretty much never means "we FANS need to see".  I think everyone here is adult enough to know we (Fans) get no say, and have no role.  What that means is "I believe NFL GM's need/want to see".  Which is not exactly far from the truth, or at least the generally accepted wisdom at worst.  

This is an old talk radio doldrums staple topic, "do you use they or we when discussing your favorite team".  Many many folks use we, but we all know it's really they.

Even the smartest most clued-in guys here get it wrong from time to time.  In my own time, the Patrick Ramsey thing is literally a meme for those who've known me all these years at JI/JN, but far more recently I was a big doubter of both Allen (accuracy) and Jackson (was he really a QB or a Runner?), and was entirely wrong on both counts.  We all get stuff wrong, and yet we all (often) express our opinions as facts.

This just feels a little pedantic, more about delivery than the actual underlying topic.  I'll happily agree forum written word is often not the best way to communicate opinions, and that people far too often get tribal about "this guy" or "that thing" online.  i think to enjoy a forum like this you just have to ignore that aspect of online human communications.

Some people do know better tho.  They are in fact more informed, more experienced )as in watched alot more of a guy than others have), etc.  Doesn't mean they are right in any argument by default, but if someone who watched every single Florida State game wants to tell me "they know better" about Johnny Wilson, WR, a guy I really like for us in the mid-rounds, when I've watched not a single Florida State game.....yeah, they do know better, and I should respect that knowledge to test my own viewpoints.  

Agree with everything said here:

• The "we/they" thing gets pedantic
  • We're on an internet forum discussing the Jets, so opinions will be given/varied - none of us make the decisions
  • There are some posters on this board, and I'm certainly not one of them, that really know their sh*t and would have done a better job the past decade drafting for this team - it's part of the reason why I come here

Every draft there are "can't miss" players that bust. 

All of that being said, the four best players on this team are Sauce, Quinnen, Breece and Garrett.

All four of them hit or exceeded NFL combine expectations.

As a fan, I'd like the Jets to draft players in the first round that have excellent production in college combined with the athletic testing to match.

Brock Bowers is missing one of those pieces even though he's had three separate opportunities to test.

20 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Please explain your reasoning for saying “they want him to go top 10”… who, and why.

As far as a 5th QB going before #10? The odds of that are very high, to say the least. The odds of Nabors or Odunze falling aren’t much better

https://www.nfl.com/news/gennaro-filice-2024-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-jets-go-get-rome-odunze-pats-raiders-trade-back-into-round-1

Here ya go, here's an analyst from NFL.com directly admitting to what I stated. I have seen a similar sentiment echoed throughout mock draft season... analysts have this guy as a "top 10 talent" in their evaluations, and they're itching to justify it, but admit in their mocks that the Jets are the first team to pick where it could really make sense. I have seen Mel Kiper Jr imply a similar sentiment, though he doesn't say so directly (I added a screen shot as it requires espn+ to view his 1.0 mock):

Screenshot_20240411_152300_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Sorry to double post but I couldn't figure out how to edit and add to my last post after the screen shot. 

Did you mean "aren't very high"? As in you doubt a 5th QB is taken top 10, or that nabers or odunze falls? Because if so, I agree. I was just saying it's more likely that 5 QBs go ahead of us than it is that Bowers goes before 10.

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Agree with everything said here:

• The "we/they" thing gets pedantic
  • We're on an internet forum discussing the Jets, so opinions will be given/varied - none of us make the decisions
  • There are some posters on this board, and I'm certainly not one of them, that really know their sh*t and would have done a better job the past decade drafting for this team - it's part of the reason why I come here

Every draft there are "can't miss" players that bust. 

All of that being said, the four best players on this team are Sauce, Quinnen, Breece and Garrett.

All four of them hit or exceeded NFL combine expectations.

As a fan, I'd like the Jets to draft players in the first round that have excellent production in college combined with the athletic testing to match.

Brock Bowers is missing one of those pieces even though he's had three separate opportunities to test.

I think the 4 you mentioned are great, however Smith and Rodgers are better. Hell, I can make the argument that Reddick deserves to be in that group. And AVT is no slouch.

qAVpdt.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Larz said:

Brock Bowers' 40-yard dash record

The last time Brock Bowers' 40-yard dash time was recorded was in 2019 when he participated in the Nike Sparq camp in the Bay Area. The invitation-only event featured high school prospects with numerous offers from the prestigious college football program nationwide.

Bowers was notably the only player in the Nike Sprarq camp with a single scholarship offer, which came from Nevada. Nonetheless, the tight end left an audience of onlookers perplexed during the camping event, with several unable to believe his 40-yard dash time.

He completed the run in 4.5 seconds despite weighing around 240 pounds. Since many camp officials didn't recognize Bowers and found his time hard to believe, they requested that he rerun it. Bowers completed the run at the same time in his second attempt.

This impressed the officials and scouts, with many approaching the TE prospect to learn more about him. That changed the complexion of his recruitment as Bowers began receiving offers from top programs nationwide. He ultimately committed to playing college football at Georgia.

he’s been highly successful and productive in the toughest conference in football displays unicorn ability lining up in the backfield, as a TE, in the slot, has big play home run ability, makes circus plays, but had a hamstring issue and didn’t run the 40. 

duh

He’s considered a top 10 prospect literally everywhere and nobody is questioning his athleticism. I’ve seen him rated as high as #2 by BR, #3 by Pauline. 

just because we don’t have a current 40 time doesn’t mean he’s a clod that has something to hide. It’s simple logic like it or not. He can’t get higher than #2 but he could cost himself millions if he runs 4.6 because of the hammy or a slow track or whatever. 

remember what they said on 1JD about Tippmann ?  “He’s the number one center on the analytics chart”

We will never know who is where on the jets analytics charts and y’all just have to accept that. 

just because you don’t know, doesn’t mean the team doesn’t know.  I don’t know how else to explain it.  

The main reason the mock drafts can’t predict the “surprise “picks is they obviously don’t have access to the team scouting reports or analytics.  The funny thing about mock drafts is teams are just now having the draft meetings and putting the board together. Mock drafts are influencing each other, not the teams. 

This is probably the most interesting draft in years for the Jets. Lots of different options.  I’m in the OT camp but if they take Bowers I’ll be totally ok with it.  

He’s a good prospect, but he’s being talked about as if he’s the GOAT already.

I don’t see him as “can’t miss”.

Would I rather have him than Conklin?  Yes 🤣

29 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I think the 4 you mentioned are great, however Smith and Rodgers are better. Hell, I can make the argument that Reddick deserves to be in that group. And AVT is no slouch.

qAVpdt.gif

Love a Caddyshack reference.

I'd say all of what ya said illustrates that most of the dudes who succeed at the NFL level are ridiculous athletes and test out that way during the athletic testing draft process. 

Tyron, Reddick and AVT all had good if not great athletic testing at their respective combines/pro days.

If Bowers was 6'5 260 lbs with the same production/making the same type of plays, I don't think I'd care much about his testing.

But he's 6'3 240, and the rumor is he played lighter than that.

He's an outlier in the wrong direction. And now we've just gotta take on faith that his YAC, the biggest part of his game. - a function of speed/agility/acceleration/power - will translate?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Heard Ulbrich was gushing over Fuaga at the senior bowl. Could mean nothing but I think they know it’s all about protecting Rodgers. 
They want an identity and think it starts up front with the run game. 

there he probably stood out.  also ulbrich isn't making the pick.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Rogers said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/gennaro-filice-2024-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-jets-go-get-rome-odunze-pats-raiders-trade-back-into-round-1

Here ya go, here's an analyst from NFL.com directly admitting to what I stated. I have seen a similar sentiment echoed throughout mock draft season... analysts have this guy as a "top 10 talent" in their evaluations, and they're itching to justify it, but admit in their mocks that the Jets are the first team to pick where it could really make sense. I have seen Mel Kiper Jr imply a similar sentiment, though he doesn't say so directly (I added a screen shot as it requires espn+ to view his 1.0 mock):

Screenshot_20240411_152300_Chrome.jpg

A VOID??? Has he not seen Tyler Conklin in short pants?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Love a Caddyshack reference.

I'd say all of what ya said illustrates that most of the dudes who succeed at the NFL level are ridiculous athletes and test out that way during the athletic testing draft process. 

Tyron, Reddick and AVT all had good if not great athletic testing at their respective combines/pro days.

If Bowers was 6'5 260 lbs with the same production/making the same type of plays, I don't think I'd care much about his testing.

But he's 6'3 240, and the rumor is he played lighter than that.

He's an outlier in the wrong direction. And now we've just gotta take on faith that his YAC, the biggest part of his game. - a function of speed/agility/acceleration/power - will translate?

He ran a 4.55 at the 247 Sports combine, and had a 40.20" vertical. And has the 2nd best hands in this draft according to Joel Klatt. Those are freakish numbers for a High Schooler. In Week 2 of this year he was clocked at 21.9 MPH. 

Kittle ran a 4.52 and had a 35" vertical. 

Kelce ran a 4.61 and a 35" vertical.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Claymation said:

He ran a 4.55 at the 247 Sports combine, and had a 40.20" vertical. And has the 2nd best hands in this draft according to Joel Klatt. Those are freakish numbers for a High Schooler. In Week 2 of this year he was clocked at 21.9 MPH. 

Kittle ran a 4.52 and had a 35" vertical. 

Kelce ran a 4.61 and a 35" vertical.

Didn’t Bowers weigh 200 lbs at that time?

• Deebo Samuel went 36-2nd round, 4th pick.  Bowers is more like Deebo than Kelce or Kittle.
  • Bowers is not really a TE.  He is a versatile weapon.  
  • JD and Saleh are on the hot seat.  An offensive weapon will help them save their jobs, along with OL depth.  It’s tough to draft OL depth at 10, for THIS SEASON.  Long term yes, this season, no.  Bowers can make a difference this season.
  • I think the Jets can find someone to be another OT3+ in rd 3.  Rosengarten, Paul, etc. 
  • I think the Jets can still get Bowers with a trade down a few notches, if they want him.
  • Based on drafts that I see, no other player is making a 2024 impact on the Jets, barring injury, except Odunze and Bowers.   If OL gets hurt, Fautanu probably helps the most.  I don’t know whether we are dropping Fashanu in at LT to protect AR8. 
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, varjet said:
  • Deebo Samuel went 36-2nd round, 4th pick.  Bowers is more like Deebo than Kelce or Kittle.
  • Bowers is not really a TE.  He is a versatile weapon.  
  • JD and Saleh are on the hot seat.  An offensive weapon will help them save their jobs, along with OL depth.  It’s tough to draft OL depth at 10, for THIS SEASON.  Long term yes, this season, no.  Bowers can make a difference this season.
  • I think the Jets can find someone to be another OT3+ in rd 3.  Rosengarten, Paul, etc. 
  • I think the Jets can still get Bowers with a trade down a few notches, if they want him.
  • Based on drafts that I see, no other player is making a 2024 impact on the Jets, barring injury, except Odunze and Bowers.   If OL gets hurt, Fautanu probably helps the most.  I don’t know whether we are dropping Fashanu in at LT to protect AR8. 

This makes sense.  And what ultimately may determine the pick is that they need a guy to look good immediately, and not on defense. Fashanu would be a nice pick, but he’s insurance this season.  I would still be in favor of it, but after mcdonald it seems implausible that douglas drafts a guy who starts off not playing again. 

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Didn’t Bowers weigh 200 lbs at that time?

I’m not sure, but if you are insinuating that he peaked physically as a High Schooler, I can tell you with much certainty that he only scratched the surface then.