Happy 20th of April.

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

so thats where that saying came from.. i always wondered. 

its funny because i was a teenager in the mid 80s and "dont Bogart the Joint" was passed down to us. yet the funny part was i grew up in a all Italian, a little Jewish Neiborhood and there is no way those guys were listening to this kind of music. they were listening to disco back in the 70s then.

i guess someone told it to them and they told it to someone else. but this isnt even a good song. i wonder if the kids today still say that.

I celebrated for about 20 years but can’t anymore because I get random drug screens at work for the last 16 years. 

I only miss it a few times a year but it would be nice to take a rip when I have time off. 

Toking Mash Up GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Larz said:

I celebrated for about 20 years but can’t anymore because I get random drug screens at work for the last 16 years. 

I only miss it a few times a year but it would be nice to take a rip when I have time off. 

Toking Mash Up GIF

same here. but i dont miss it. 

i used to smoke everywhere. i could even roll while driving. but when i got to my mid 20s i started getting lazy and paranoid. i quit way before i got my job.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

so thats where that saying came from.. i always wondered. 

its funny because i was a teenager in the mid 80s and "dont Bogart the Joint" was passed down to us. yet the funny part was i grew up in a all Italian, a little Jewish Neiborhood and there is no way those guys were listening to this kind of music. they were listening to disco back in the 70s then.

i guess someone told it to them and they told it to someone else. but this isnt even a good song. i wonder if the kids today still say that.

That saying did not come from Little Feat.

It was standard slang for stoners back in the day (and I should know as I was one).

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, slats said:

I was subject to DOT drug testing for the last 30 or so years or my career. That policy helped to create a lot of alcoholics in the workforce, imho, and I continue to consider alcohol to be a much more dangerous drug than weed. It’s nice now to collect my pension without worry about losing it because of what I might indulge in in the privacy of my own home. Now I’m strictly a low key day drinker and I sleep like a baby.

Tired Baby GIF

Yeah the frustration for me is if I ate an edible after work on Friday I could test positive 3 weeks later. Alcohol and coke are out of your system in time for Monday. I know nurses and doctors with medical marijuana cards lol.  Crazy system 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Toking Mash Up GIF

What state do you work in?

I "failed" a drug test 2 years ago. When I was notified by HR that this was a problem, I knew that this type of screening is no longer allowed in NY State. A day later, I got a call back from them apologizing for them not having their systems up to date. The record was destroyed and that aspect of the drug panel has been removed from all employees ever since.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yeah the frustration for me is if I ate an edible after work on Friday I could test positive 3 weeks later. Alcohol and coke are out of your system in time for Monday. I know nurses and doctors with medical marijuana cards lol.  Crazy system 

Hypothetical DOT worker at a friends’ wedding in the early ‘90s: Honestly, I’d really rather just smoke a joint, but my employer would prefer it if we split an 8-ball, instead. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

What state do you work in?

I "failed" a drug test 2 years ago. When I was notified by HR that this was a problem, I knew that this type of screening is no longer allowed in NY State. A day later, I got a call back from them apologizing for them not having their systems up to date. The record was destroyed and that aspect of the drug panel has been removed from all employees ever since.

It’s hazmat related. I’m fingerprinted by TSA and screened by the department of homeland security every 3 years too. It’s federal. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

I was subject to DOT drug testing for the last 30 or so years or my career. That policy helped to create a lot of alcoholics in the workforce, imho, and I continue to consider alcohol to be a much more dangerous drug than weed. It’s nice now to collect my pension without worry about losing it because of what I might indulge in in the privacy of my own home. Now I’m strictly a low key day drinker and I sleep like a baby.

Tired Baby GIF

Damn near in the same shoes as you just 10 years behind. Been with the Gov for 20 years now with drug tests. And there are a lot of heavy drinkers at my work. Im a social drinker. Where I don’t really drink except weekends and such. I played college sports before getting hired there and never cared to smoke in high school. So I’m a 41 year old that’s never smoked. And not sure I’d smoke… but damn I’d like a gummy like my wife does sometimes after a stressful day with the kids 😂 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Half Baked Whos Comin With Me GIF

Happy 420 my fellow 420ers. 

I got the Dank Green Crack for today. Sativa is my fav. 

Our local dispensary has the stuff under the brand "Bern Legacy", strain is "Pineapple Kush", and may be the best all around smoke I've sampled in 40+ years. And it doesn't make your lungs feel like you're inhaling mustard gas. 

Am about to get myself "ready" for the upcoming Knicks game ... 😇 

• Upvote 2