****The Official Day 3 of the 2024 NFL Draft****

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

And there it goes... after the Jets basically opted out of the 4th, here we are in the Ass end of the 5th round and some "influencer" is screaming at the mic for some LB'er who will be a PS/Roster Depth guy.

Watching the Draft beyond the first round has become a stupid endeavor. I'll check the board tonight to see who we got. 

Cheerio.

Go Away Goodbye GIF

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Comedy that the guy who announced a pick a moment ago thanked his parents because he "wouldn't be there today if it wasn't for them". emoji23.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

That’s kind of how it works Captain Obvious 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Comedy that the guy who announced a pick a moment ago thanked his parents because he "wouldn't be there today if it wasn't for them". emoji23.png

I was like really??? no ... lol

where do they get these people??? 

• Sympathy 1

I was like really??? no ... lol
where do they get these people??? 
Well, it was the 150th pick or something like that. They must be scraping barrels by that point.

34 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Sir, did you not see that the video is titled “Human Wrecking Ball”?

LOL … I saw but did not watch, though I’ve seen some Allen highlights 

which leads to a point - the past few years our short yardage run game has been useless against good defenses … and Allen’s presence would not have changed a thing. Let’s just say that with 2 new vet OTs , plus Fashanu will likely make Allen a much more effective of a pickup - and that is terrific. I might have done it differently - but I think we’ll be okay.

5 minutes ago, jetsons said:

GOOD ... wanted ZERO to do with him.

I watched him in many games. He could get hot and look great and then he could stink the place up. He was a big high school recruit that is why so many teams still are enamored with him. I personally was up and down thinking he has talent but he needs a QB coach to guide him. I like Jason Bean better from Kansas. 

Just now, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe Douglas must have forgotten the combined ages of his 2 QBs is 76 YEARS

Your starting QB is fricking 40 YEARS OLD!!!!

He deals out of the 4th round as if it’s bubonic plague and ends up taking a plodding AJ Dillon clone 🤣

Wed love to be a qb factory.  

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Great post.  I didn't like the first trade as well.  But when posters are saying stuff like the whole 3rd day now is ruined, that is just pure nonsense.

A few picks later, we take that pick and turn it into a 3rd rounder next year.  I mean, you have to let the GM do his thing.  You aren't in control.  Players can always hate the next GM (which they will do, even if its Ozzie Newsome).

I love posting with logical people.  As with business, smart strategies (not individual decisions) tend to win.  It all starts with strategy.

Outside of Tippmann, I did not see a smart draft strategy last year .. or at least one that aligned with the Jets short vs. longer term goals.  It just seemed like a collection of players, a group here to appease this corner of the room and a group there to appease the other corner.   Most players who weren't ready to contribute in any meaningful way.

Finally JD seems to have learned and completely taken the reins after last season's colossal failure.

It started with FA and has flowed through to the draft.

1. Listen to Rodgers?  Sure but do not allow him to dictate the offseason

2. Invest early and often into improving the Offense

3. Do not overly rely on a 40 year old QB to do it all by himself (duh)

4. Assume there will be injuries on the OL

5. Move towards a gap power blocking scheme 

6. Fix short yardage

7. Add YAC in the middle of the field

8. Look at data regarding probabilities hitting in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th rounds

9. Balance short term vs. long term.  Win now without mortgaging the future

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe Douglas must have forgotten the combined ages of his 2 QBs is 76 YEARS

Your starting QB is fricking 40 YEARS OLD!!!!

He deals out of the 4th round as if it’s bubonic plague and ends up taking a plodding AJ Dillon clone 🤣

You seriously want to root for a guy who is supposedly a douchebag and looks like this?

syohcspikjx9k35dqswv

You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Haha 2