Jets at SF on MNF Week 1

43 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

No who was the last team to beat the chiefs , and kicked their arses in their own house.   The Raiders .     Every Raider fan wanted to play them opening night in arrowhead to give them another beating.  The Raiders have the defense to beat the snot out of them( this defense got even stronger with C Wilkins , and a healthy Tyree Wilson.  . The Raiders aren’t done there will be a trade , and might bring back another of their ex defense lineman to give them the best defense line in all of football. 

LOL c'mon dude. After losing 6 straight they steal one against the Chiefs and now the Raiders are some powerhouse the Chiefs fear?

The Raiders suck. Nobody fears them.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Shouldn't we actually be required to have a winning record before we get slammed with all these primetime games?

We have. Jets are 1-0 in 2024, b*tches! :D  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I'm sure someone probably mentioned this already - but how ironic is this??

Leonard Floyd, who sacked Rodgers on the play he was hurt last season, is now a member of the 49ers.

Jets to open 2024 season on 'Monday Night Football' at 49ers (nypost.com)

I'd bet folding money, that some a$$-hole NFL scheduler, made this the Jets opening game, solely for this reason.

This is NOT a coincidence.

Same Ole NFL.

What's really going to bake your noodle is this ... who is now on the Jets defense, who was responsible for Purdy's elbow injury in the playoffs year before last? Which likely cost SF a trip to the SB that year? ;-)  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Leonard Floyd, who sacked Rodgers on the play he was hurt last season, is now a member of the 49ers.

I'd bet folding money, that some a$$-hole NFL scheduler, made this the Jets opening game, solely for this reason.

Same Ole NFL.

The safest place after a lightning strike is where the lightning just struck. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

LOL c'mon dude. After losing 6 straight they steal one against the Chiefs and now the Raiders are some powerhouse the Chiefs fear?

The Raiders suck. Nobody fears them.

Remember the Raiders, and only the Raiders have the defense to beat the snot out of them( this defense got even stronger with C Wilkins , and a healthy Tyree Wilson.  . The Raiders aren’t done there will be a trade , and might bring back another of their ex defense lineman to give them the best defense line in all of football.

You can make 10 trades and you still won’t have the best DL in all of football.  

i like this matchup. get SF out of the way early. maybe stay out there another week vs Arizona. get 2 west coast games done early.

Saleh knows this offense. he played against it in practice for 4 years. if Rodgers plays this will be a close game.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I believe it was 1998……….   Bit @IndianaJet can clarify.  I remember the 98 game thinking , well, SOJ. We played well and Montana walked down the field on us and scored the winning TD.  @Legend Killa7 seems to know as well.   Who knew it would be a magical season. 

Yep - 1998 Foley threw for 300+ and looked great.  As other's have said, Garrison Hearst took it 90+ yds on us for the game winning TD in OT.  But it was Foley vs. Young...well past the Montana days.  Foley then got injured leading to Testaverde taking over.

If fact, I believe we started the year 1-2, I kinda remember getting smoked by the Ravens early on in the season but it just was not as memorable of a game as that opening SF game.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Yep - 1998 Foley threw for 300+ and looked great.  As other's have said, Garrison Hearst took it 90+ yds on us for the game winning TD in OT.  But it was Foley vs. Young...well past the Montana days.  Foley then got injured leading to Testaverde taking over.

If fact, I believe we started the year 1-2, I kinda remember getting smoked by the Ravens early on in the season but it just was not as memorable of a game as that opening SF game.

I was in a bar in Myrtle Beach…….   With family etc so yes, memory foggy.   

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Shouldn't we actually be required to have a winning record before we get slammed with all these primetime games?

Or at least make Rodgers deck Kelsey, “steal” Taylor Swift, bring her along with her 300 million female fans who just started watching NFL football last year and I think Goodall will sign off on a Jet Super Bowl trophy in 2024.

9 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Again see other message.

My son plays his own sports at one particular sport at the highest level and has to be up for training at 5:30 AM.

Thats more important to him.  But he would still love to watch the game.

Record it and wake up early with him. That’s what I did last year when he couldn’t stay up.

Well what ever happens I’ll be there..

A friend of mine is a huge 49er fan and has season tickets 10 rows from the field.

there End zone seats but I get to see the Freaking NY JETS..

this will be the 3rd time I’ve seen them. I’m stoked..

Jets 34  49ers 27

my prediction.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

MNF on the 1st week is a disadvantage.  You don't need extra rest from the previous week (because players don't really play in the preseason)  but you'll be on a short week in week 2.

The Bills play the fish week two on TNF, so they’ll both have a shorter week than the Jets. 

17 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Same Ole NFL.

you think that some random nfl scheduler is allowed to make the decision on what is the first monday night game of the year?

17 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It’s New York and our qb is an attention starved diva who will say any nonsense on the internet to get clicks we are ratings gold

• Thumb Down 1
  • Ugh 1

9 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

It’s New York and our qb is an attention starved diva who will say any nonsense on the internet to get clicks we are ratings gold

Right I get why it's happening, just annoying that we get the "primetime treatment" without actually having an enjoyable season.

17 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I believe it was 1998……….   Bit @IndianaJet can clarify.  I remember the 98 game thinking , well, SOJ. We played well and Montana walked down the field on us and scored the winning TD.  @Legend Killa7 seems to know as well.   Who knew it would be a magical season. 

Joe Montana retired in 1994 😅