Jets Sign TE Anthony Firsker Release FB Nick Bawden

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Strange signing.  We dont need another tight end.

Camp legs I guess.

They're not particularly happy with Yeboah or Kuntz, I guess. Firkser is a legit veteran who has had success in the league. Only 29 years old. Worth taking a look

• Upvote 2

I'm glad that Bawden is gone.  I'm in shock, because I'd already resigned myself that due to his playing on STs units, that he would be back wasting a roster spot this season.  They must truly be thinking of keep 4 RBs or 4 TEs and one of them functioning as the H-Back/FB.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, varjet said:

I am starting to wonder about Ruckert.  It sounds like they benched him today.    

Up until todays practice he was consistently listed as a top performer every day.

Firkser scores TDs in the Red Zone. Good athlete played guard on the gold medal winning

Maccabiah team and the Crimson.  Super smart  graduated Harvard with a degree in

Applied Mathematics. Tough, plays specials and wears the Star of David

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

The Jets have had good luck with Harvard players.

Ryan Fitzpatrick who lead us to our best record in years,

John Dockery who was on our Super Bowl Campiomship team

and still partners with Joe Namath in the 44th year of his football camp

• Post of the Week 1

On 7/30/2024 at 5:17 PM, varjet said:

I am starting to wonder about Ruckert.  It sounds like they benched him today.    

The Jets are trying something new this year...accountability.  When a player commits a penalty or blows an assignment, he is replaced in the lineup.  I haven't seen for how long they are out of the lineup, but the message is being sent that mistakes and sloppy play will not be tolerated.  Otherwise, Ruckert has had a good camp and Saleh has spoken highly of him, calling him "way underrated."

• Upvote 3

Firkser continues the Jets love affair with the Arthur Smith Titans offense. It’s my suspicion that we’re going to get to the regular season and Rodgers is going to average 20-24 pass attempts per behind a beef running game. Ruckert needs to get his sh*t together quick because Rodgers doesn’t need a TE in the pass game, and there are always a bunch of good blocking TEs on the free agent market. 

Also with Firkser: from Manalapan. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Firkser continues the Jets love affair with the Arthur Smith Titans offense. It’s my suspicion that we’re going to get to the regular season and Rodgers is going to average 20-24 pass attempts per behind a beef running game. Ruckert needs to get his sh*t together quick because Rodgers doesn’t need a TE in the pass game, and there are always a bunch of good blocking TEs on the free agent market. 

Also with Firkser: from Manalapan. 

I'd bet their internal goal for rodgers is 30-35 attempts per game

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

A lot will depend on the score but that seems a lot closer to reality than 20-24. Brock Purdy averaged 27.75 attempts per game and he was one of the lowest I could find out of the starting QB's that played at least 15 games.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Eh. They tried to bring in Arthur Smith, they already have Todd Downing and Keith Carter on staff. They bring in two mauling OL from the Ravens to add to their giant Big10 center, then draft two big backs this year. Put Breece in that Derrick Henry role and you have a nice, built-in hedge against another Rodgers injury and/or fall-off. If they’re throwing the ball 35 times per game, the team is either incredibly good or incredibly bad. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Eh. They tried to bring in Arthur Smith, they already have Todd Downing and Keith Carter on staff. They bring in two mauling OL from the Ravens to add to their giant Big10 center, then draft two big backs this year. Put Breece in that Derrick Henry role and you have a nice, built-in hedge against another Rodgers injury and/or fall-off. If they’re throwing the ball 35 times per game, the team is either incredibly good or incredibly bad. 

Oh great, if those are our two choices then we are incredibly screwed.

17 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Strange signing.  We dont need another tight end.

Camp legs I guess.

Confusing signing............

Conklin (or Ruckert if you emerges) cemented as our #1

Ruckert seems to be devolping nicely and ready to take a bigger role

Just signed Yeboa to an extension and he is a valuable special teams player

Kuntz developing nicely and praise from Rodgers.