Training Camp Updates - Friday Aug 2

Best practice of the year for the offense.  Multiple tds.  Rodgers firing it all over the place.

Jet fans - my goodness.  Did you see T-I-P-P-Ys bad snap when the qb/Center was warming up b4 practice?

Demote Tippman!!!!

I mean, just unbelievable what the d-i-s-e-a-s-e does to you guys.

• Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Best practice of the year for the offense.  Multiple tds.  Rodgers firing it all over the place.

Jet fans - my goodness.  Did you see T-I-P-P-Ys bad snap when the qb/Center was warming up b4 practice?

Demote Tippman!!!!

sounds like u got a bad case of the YIPS whatever the f that is

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

At a certain point you need to start considering a demotion or move to G.

There were a bunch of athletic centers in this class. After he showed well at guard last year I think it was shortsighted to turn their noses up at that group. Don’t think they’ve taken an iOL day three since Clark.

3 minutes ago, derp said:

There were a bunch of athletic centers in this class. After he showed well at guard last year I think it was shortsighted to turn their noses up at that group. Don’t think they’ve taken an iOL day three since Clark.

To be fair, I think that they look for versatility and guys like Mitchell are looked at as likely having the potential to slide inside.  I actually thought Clark was intriguing as a tackle pre-draft.  I guess Warren seems like T only, but they drafted IOL early in 2021 and 2023. 

I would also argue that IOL is (should be) easier to find among UDFA and waiver wire guys.  The Jets just gave Simpson a pretty large contract and he was a 4th of the Raiders that got cut in his 3rd year and signed to the Ravens practice squad.  He was a futures contracts guy in 2023 that ended up starting and earning a large deal.  Those are the guys you are looking for, minus the large deal.

50 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Demote Tippman!!!!

Shouldn't it be d-i-s-e-a-s-e-y?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's ******* football.  You don't get the yips in football.  The yips are when you can't do something that is so easy that it takes no skill or energy.  Mackey Sasser throwing the ball back to the pitcher.  We have this sh*t on our minds because we tried to use it to excuse Wilson firing grounders on swing passes.  In football it is being a choker because you are going to get someone killed.  You don't get them from getting yelled at.  Every 2nd football coach is a screaming wannabe drill sergeant that is going to profanely insult the kid, his grandmother and his dog.  A guy who made it to the NFL is not going to be that delicate.  If you can't stand the heat, get out of hell's kitchen.

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

At a certain point you need to start considering a demotion or move to G.

Nonsense! He didn't struggle with that last year.  He will work through it.  The panic is over the top.  There's no other quality option at C.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 1

Exactly how bad are these snaps?   I keep hearing high.  Are they just high the qb has to reach up to get them or are they high as in over his head?

This is not even close to the spencer long disgrace with poor Darnold where the snaps were rolling over 5 feet over his head every fing time.

Until i hear the snaps are sailing over the qbs head i'm not worried, deal with QB1

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

To be fair, I think that they look for versatility and guys like Mitchell are looked at as likely having the potential to slide inside.  I actually thought Clark was intriguing as a tackle pre-draft.  I guess Warren seems like T only, but they drafted IOL early in 2021 and 2023. 

I would also argue that IOL is (should be) easier to find among UDFA and waiver wire guys.  The Jets just gave Simpson a pretty large contract and he was a 4th of the Raiders that got cut in his 3rd year and signed to the Ravens practice squad.  He was a futures contracts guy in 2023 that ended up starting and earning a large deal.  Those are the guys you are looking for, minus the large deal.

I dunno about Mitchell sliding inside. He’s too light in the pants to hang at tackle. There were guys who went day three who had G/C flex too. Day two as well. Beebe looks like he is going to start at center for the Cowboys.

I guess to your point in the second paragraph, it should be an easy enough position to draft, develop, and back fill. They haven’t had a penciled in preseason starter who wasn’t a serious acquisition or a top two round pick. So I guess while some teams can do waivers and UDFA there, Douglas’ approach is so far from investing that little that I see my proposal to look at it day 3 for depth and long term starters as a reasonable middle ground and a step in the right direction.

But I’ve been beating this drum for a while and I just imagine he’s not going to do it as long as he’s charge. Which for all we know may not be more than six months or so.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Hell no!  He was the worst center in the NFL last year!

Suggest Conor McGovern is laughable.

T-I-P-P-Y will be the best center we have had since kevin mawae and a multiple 1st team all pro.

Settle down jet fans.  Go back to the hassan reddick thread.  We had a great practice today.  Thats all that matters.

• More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

There's literally 2 other Centers right next to him, not snapping the ball over their QB's heads lol.

Maybe Rodgers just makes him nervous. That's what I'm going with. He doesn't wanna F it up.

Of course he's nervous. He's bent over in front of a guy who gives leg lift hugs

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Exactly how bad are these snaps?   I keep hearing high.  Are they just high the qb has to reach up to get them or are they high as in over his head?

This is not even close to the spencer long disgrace with poor Darnold where the snaps were rolling over 5 feet over his head every fing time.

Until i hear the snaps are sailing over the qbs head i'm not worried, deal with QB1

The bad ones have regularly looked like this.  One of them has already gone over Rodgers’ head, and if he doesn’t successfully stop it with a great effort, more snaps like these will eventually go over his head.  You are also opening Aaron up to big hits, awkward twist, forced mistakes, etc.

If the kid can’t snap, he can’t be the starting center, no matter how good he is in pass protection and run blocking.  Period.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

54 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

Nonsense! He didn't struggle with that last year.  He will work through it.  The panic is over the top.  There's no other quality option at C.

He absolutely did and the folks at JetsXFactor already reiterated that in a film breakdown.

It doesn’t matter how much fans like him or even how good his blocking is; until he learns how to consistently snap properly he’s not a quality C, he’s a superb Guard playing center.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

careful, you're going to get scolded for acknowledging Tippman has been having issues.

It's not a question of acknowledging that Tippman is struggling with snaps.  He clearly is.

It's a question of turning it into a "chicken little" moment and calling for coaches to be fired.  Idiocy!

36 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The bad ones have regularly looked like this.  One of them has already gone over Rodgers’ head, and if he doesn’t successfully stop it with a great effort, more snaps like these will eventually go over his head.  You are also opening Aaron up to big hits, awkward twist, forced mistakes, etc.

If the kid can’t snap, he can’t be the starting center, no matter how good he is in pass protection and run blocking.  Period.

Woof. They better have a back up plan. 

That's a bad bad play waiting to happen. Turn the game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JKlecko said:

it is over the top but I do remember this as an issue last year too but noone seemed to care because there was so much attention on Zacky poo