Jeremy Ruckert....Origins

I'd fire Middleton. Was aware of the great plays he made at Ohio State,

but they were sporadic. Seeing his olverwhelming HS career and how dismal

pro stats compared  to other TEs who came out about the same time.

Bellinger's career stars are much better and the Giants have drafted a guy to replace him

• Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1

25 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Bellinger's career stars are much better and the Giants have drafted a guy to replace him

Kuntz is getting cut this year btw

couldn’t block me

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, hmhertz said:

same thing stood out to me. guy was ultra productive as a receiver in HS, and made big plays at Ohio State (in limited opportunities). i am really wondering whats holding him back.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Barton said:

Jets would have had Travis Kelce coming out of college sitting behind Ozmuah and Tomlinson, I'm pretty sure of this.

Tomlinson was the LG so I doubt he would be behind him.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, k-met57 said:

same thing stood out to me. guy was ultra productive as a receiver in HS, and made big plays at Ohio State (in limited opportunities). i am really wondering whats holding him back.

Its strictly a playing time situation with Ruckert.  He was drafted to a team with 2 veteran TEs in front of him - which was fine as a rookie.  The issue was that the staff insisted on continuing to play Uzmah over him last year when it was clear that Ruckert was the better player.  He will have a solid year behind Conklin this season and depending on the cap savings, may replace him as the starter in 2025.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

That’s pretty easy , opportunity and Zach Wilson … I can’t remember a time the ball was thrown his way and he didn’t catch it and he displayed his ability to make difficult grabs in the chiefs game … he only started seeing any playing time at all because the Uzomah injury forced the clowns that coach our team to get him on the field , Mr gold zone didn’t even know Breece hall was a useful receiver til mid season , what are the chances he knew how to utilize ruckert ?

He’s going to make an impact in the pass game this year with Rodgers , he’s always gonna be where Rodgers needs him and he will almost always secure the catch which he will appreciate . I suspect he’ll be big part of moving the chains on 3rd and 2-5s

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

In the video… he actually comes across like a fairly reasonable guy. Blue collar guy, seems like a real good dude and father. 

i got choked up when he was talking about being at the first game and he was like....

"where am i? my son is a jet!"

that has to be just about as good as it gets for a father

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I wonder if he just lacks the instincts as a receiveing TE. Some guys just have the footbal IQ and they know when the QB needs you to move from your original route to get open etc, QB is getting flushed out of the pocket etc, having eyes on the back of your head, finding the open zones on the defense etc. Not saying Ruckert doesnt have those traits but if he doesnt progress this year, then I would have to guess he just doesnt have a feel for the position. TE position requires a high football IQ. 

I do t understand why everyone is so confused about production , it’s only year 3 , he was injured almost all of year 1 and last year he didn’t start regularly playing at least 30% of the snaps until maybe like week 6 … rightfully , he was the #2 te behind Conklin and never playing more than MAYBE 50% of snaps in a dismal offense that set punting records because of qb play combined with totally clueless coordinator … I watched the kid in high school he was teammates with my brother for their first LI champ game and he was pulling down 1- handers along the sideline as a 13 year old against seniors … the downfield catch ruckert made in the chiefs game , expect WAY more of that in a Rodgers led offense . His hands are more than reliable , as he showed in college he can make insane grabs I’ve seen it for a decade now …

I just don’t understand why people evaluate him like he’s been healthy for both of his first two seasons or like he’s actually been given receiving opportunities where he disappointed. Him and Conklin are going to be an above average te duo in the pass game , I can’t speak for the blocking aspect

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app