bo nix

40 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

a lot of people were hyping up Zach after his preseason performance against the Packers his rookie year 

The difference is zach didnt have one of the best offensive minds in the history of the nfl grooming him.

Payton/Nix is a match made in heaven.

• Ugh 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He looks solid from what I've seen. (Only looked at his snaps on YouTube)

Sean Payton should be expected to do a good job with any young QB who can play. 

Looking forward to our game with them in late September 

Some geniuses praised Robertito > Payton. 

Come out love birds!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

The issue is what you think of Bo Nix.  I didn't see him as top 10.  If you think he is a legit NFL QB, sure you take him.  If he is a lottery ticket?  Not for me at 10.  I guess the same can wonder if McCarthy was worth it too, but IMO when you are looking at the #5 QB in the draft, that is not something I consider a must do at #10 overall.   

I think you throw those darts until you hit a bullseye. Teams can be competitive with LT being addressed with lesser resources. Teams simply cannot compete without a QB.

QBs make dynasties. Not tackles.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think you throw those darts until you hit a bullseye. Teams can be competitive with LT being addressed with lesser resources. Teams simply cannot compete without a QB.

QBs make dynasties. Not tackles.

Before you throw the dart, your need a target . Do you think Bo Nix makes a dynasty?  I don't see it. 

• Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Some geniuses praised Robertito > Payton. 

Come out love birds!

I don't like Saleh much, but I don't want any part of Payton.  I think he is a molly addicted fruitcake that would be eaten alive by the press and fans. I think Payton here would be an Urban Meyer level disaster.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If this was them taking a ****ing box safety over a QB prospect - when the team had only 38 year-old never-was / player-coach McCown,  recent bust Petty, and even more recent bust Hackenberg on the roster? Yeah that's when you scream in horror. 

Luckily for us this would never happen in the real world.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Before you throw the dart, your need a target . Do you think Bo Nix makes a dynasty?  I don't see it. 

I should be clear, because it seems you’re reading into my post as “should have drafted Nix”. In my initial post I am talking about the principle of taking a QB to bench in year 1 vs. a tackle.

For the record, if not a WR, I liked JJ McCarthy at our spot, frankly.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I should be clear, because it seems you’re reading into my post as “should have drafted Nix”. In my initial post I am talking about the principle of taking a QB to bench in year 1 vs. a tackle.

For the record, if not a WR, I liked JJ McCarthy at our spot, frankly.

I am reading your post as a complaint on the draft.  Most positions you can find incrementally better players at the top of the draft.  At QB it doesn't matter.  QBs are pass-fail.  The fact that Rosen and Lance are bigger busts does not making picking Darnold or WIlson a winning proposition.   I get the whole draft one until you have one, and then draft some more philosophy and it makes sense in theory.  In practice, Four ******* guys were off the board already.  How many drafts have produced 5 quality starting QBs?  

Sure there are times you pick Mahomes over Adams, but if you just force it there are way more times that you end up with Haskins instead of Burns, Jake Locker ahead of Tyron Smith, or Blaine Gabbert over J.J.Watt.  QBs are most important, you'll get no argument from me.  Always draft a QB?  I don't agree.  Especially when you are talking about taking the 5th QB in a draft at 10.  Literally that means the Jets were able to pick the 6th best position player.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He will be about a Mac Jones level of starter.  He ain't that good and will plateau very quickly.  He is better than I ever thougth he would be from his Auburn days but I do not see a lot of growth upside.

Nix is more athletic than Jones.  Not saying much but still.  He also doesn’t seem like a wuss. Jones can’t handle contact with defenders 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am reading your post as a complaint on the draft.  Most positions you can find incrementally better players at the top of the draft.  At QB it doesn't matter.  QBs are pass-fail.  The fact that Rosen and Lance are bigger busts does not making picking Darnold or WIlson a winning proposition.   I get the whole draft one until you have one, and then draft some more philosophy and it makes sense in theory.  In practice, Four ******* guys were off the board already.  How many drafts have produced 5 quality starting QBs?  

Sure there are times you pick Mahomes over Adams, but if you just force it there are way more times that you end up with Haskins instead of Burns, Jake Locker ahead of Tyron Smith, or Blaine Gabbert over J.J.Watt.  QBs are most important, you'll get no argument from me.  Always draft a QB?  I don't agree.  Especially when you are talking about taking the 5th QB in a draft at 10.  Literally that means the Jets were able to pick the 6th best position player.  

You are shifting this into general philosophy.

I said, clearly, that if drafting a guy to bench this year and maybe start next year, I’d have gone QB over OT with that strategy in mind.

I don’t need anyone else to agree. I’m just saying what I’d have done.

49 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

You are shifting this into general philosophy.

I said, clearly, that if drafting a guy to bench this year and maybe start next year, I’d have gone QB over OT with that strategy in mind.

I don’t need anyone else to agree. I’m just saying what I’d have done.

I am leaving this here because it is what I typed.  Not sure if you edited your posts above, but I did not see the if not WR then QB and you'd have taken McCarthy.  As I say below, I can see that, but really not Nix there, unless you are a true Believer in Nix like Joe W.  I would have liked a WR, but with 3 WR gone and 4 QB, I can certainly understand why they chose the route they did.

First you complained that I was making about Nix and now you complain I am shifting it into general philosophy?  Make up your minde dude.  Is he gonna sh*t or is he gonna kill us?

What would you have done?  Taken Nix?  Taken McCarthy?  I can see somebody being in love with McCarthy and McCarthy being a good choice for a red shirt year.  I am not that somebody.  I just don't see it as making sense with Nix at all.  Personally, I'd have probably tried to trade down even further and taken one of the other olinemen, but I have to admit that I did not have a great feel for this class. 

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s a shame this organization has given Aaron Rodgers so much sway on personnel. If we were going to invest out 1st rounder in Olu (a backup who starts in the next 1-2 years), then it’d have been better business to make it a QB.

Franchise is positioned to have to start all over as soon as Rodgers steps away, which will be sooner than later.

What sway has Rogers. had on the roster?  Every move made to the roster since last year has been off of a perspective of the entire team at every level.

The OL was the #1 priority, and they did that both in FA and in the draft, and still made moves all over the roster, what moves were made that Rodgers impeded?

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I am leaving this here because it is what I typed.  Not sure if you edited your posts above, but I did not see the if not WR then QB and you'd have taken McCarthy.  As I say below, I can see that, but really not Nix there, unless you are a true Believer in Nix like Joe W.  I would have liked a WR, but with 3 WR gone and 4 QB, I can certainly understand why they chose the route they did.

First you complained that I was making about Nix and now you complain I am shifting it into general philosophy?  Make up your minde dude.  Is he gonna sh*t or is he gonna kill us?

What would you have done?  Taken Nix?  Taken McCarthy?  I can see somebody being in love with McCarthy and McCarthy being a good choice for a red shirt year.  I am not that somebody.  I just don't see it as making sense with Nix at all.  Personally, I'd have probably tried to trade down even further and taken one of the other olinemen, but I have to admit that I did not have a great feel for this class. 

Yes, in your first reply you assumed I was upset we didn’t take Nix. In your second you were attacking the concept of take a QB until you find one.

I don’t need to make up my mind. It was evident you didn’t fully digest what I said, in both replies. I clarified for you.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t agree. Like at all. I just wanted to be clear in the point I made. That’s all. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

What sway has Rogers. had on the roster?  Every move made to the roster since last year has been off of a perspective of the entire team at every level.

The OL was the #1 priority, and they did that both in FA and in the draft, and still made moves all over the roster, what moves were made that Rodgers impeded?

Uh Huh Yes GIF

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I just mean guys that kicked around.  That used to be close to a death sentence.  Mayfield did end up #1 overall and was meh, but part of the appeal of Darnold and WIlson was being younger 1 school guys.  

Right.  Agreed.  I remember it being a big knock on Flacco, especially since he went down a level.  But there are handful of guys who played for multiple programs who have gone #1, dating back to Cam Newton.  More recent its Mayfield, Burrow, Murray, and this year w/ Williams.  4 of the 6 first round QB's played for multiple programs this year.  Williams, Penix, Nix, Daniels. 

Nix will probably be their day 1 starter but he surprisingly hasn't been named yet. To his advantage is his age 24 and 61 starts total at Auburn and Oregon. But generally day 1 starters in the NFL struggle Stroud is an exception to that even Lawrence with the Jags had probs rookie year. 

21 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

okay, that's fair.  but remember marino was what, the seventh qb picked in 83?  imo only kelllly and elllway had equal careers.  the whole adams over mahomes is really tough to understand considering the jets had near zero at qb.  it was a huge position of need.  i can see the whole reluctance to picking a guy from a chuck and duck system but it seems pretty obvious that mahomes brings a whole lot more than just physical talent.  i have to wonder if mac even bothered to interview the guy.

• Upvote 1

On 8/19/2024 at 12:01 PM, Integrity28 said:

It’s a shame this organization has given Aaron Rodgers so much sway on personnel. If we were going to invest out 1st rounder in Olu (a backup who starts in the next 1-2 years), then it’d have been better business to make it a QB.

Franchise is positioned to have to start all over as soon as Rodgers steps away, which will be sooner than later.

I will bet you Olu starts this season.

On 8/19/2024 at 6:02 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Nix is more athletic than Jones.  Not saying much but still.  He also doesn’t seem like a wuss. Jones can’t handle contact with defenders 

Well, unless he's kicking them in the balls.... 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Just to be clear, not the forst game, but at some point t in the season. 

What are the terms? 

Terms? I’ve said repeatedly I agree he’ll get starts. I just think it was stupid to spend a first rounder on a guy because “he’ll have to start when backing up Tyron”. Signing a backup OT would have met that need.

I truly have no idea why this is hard for people to grasp. 

On 8/19/2024 at 2:18 PM, Warfish said:

We needed, and need, a future #1 QB.

We were never, ever, in ANY conceivable universe going to draft one in the 1st round with Rodgers here in 2024.

End of story.

We easily could have drafted tackle depth in rd 2-4 in a deep class.  

This idea that because Rodgers is here therefore we can't draft an excellent QB prospect makes zero sense. If anything, because we have a older Rodgers it's actually the perfect time to draft one and sit him for a couple years. 

What is the difference if your first rd ot isn't playing regardless.

Something is seriously fundamentally wrong if an organization can't identify a young QB prospect over and over and over again. And other franchises just find one over and over again like Green Bay or Denver possibly or Buffalo etc

3 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

We easily could have drafted tackle depth in rd 2-4 in a deep class.  

This idea that because Rodgers is here therefore we can't draft an excellent QB prospect makes zero sense. If anything, because we have a older Rodgers it's actually the perfect time to draft one and sit him for a couple years. 

What is the difference if your first rd ot isn't playing regardless.

Something is seriously fundamentally wrong if an organization can't identify a young QB prospect over and over and over again. And other franchises just find one over and over again like Green Bay or Denver possibly or Buffalo etc

Taking the 4th best QB at 10 overall seems like a very risky move. 

On 8/19/2024 at 9:20 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Even though he's just a rookie, Bo Nix leads all NFL QBs in the stat of "fewest combined letters in a first and last name".

Impressive!

Okay, Trivia Time.

Name the NY Jet player (all-time) with the shortest combined first and last names.