NFL FOOTBALL IS SO BACK Chiefs/Ravens

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

An yer gonna see right here Lamar Jackson doin what he does best runnin that ball

"He can't set himself". Had a clean pocket and was set.

One second says Jackson missed the open TE in the corner, then the CB made a great play shutting TE down and giving him no room. Same play, can't be both. Talk talk talk....

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

He’s starting to slow down too. I thought he improved as a passer last year but this is a regression through 1 game.

He isn't an accurate passer.  He has tremendous skill running, and elusiveness in the pocket, but accuracy?  

Likely was wide open and Flowers the next play.  Many other examples throughout the game.

Electrifying player though.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Watching the Chiefs d-line completely exhausted and generating no pressure on this drive makes me appreciate Saleh’s DL rotation a little more. 

Ugh this is exactly a situation where a player like Reddick would be perfect. 

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

My claim to fame is I've never heard one of her songs....EVER.

I also thought this same thing for a very long time... I'm betting you actually HAVE heard some, but just dont know it. Also... I thought her contract was up?! What were the details on their fake relationship contract that "Trav" had to get his lawyers involved to try and sue somebody

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Ugh this is exactly a situation where a player like Reddick would be perfect. 

Or he might be out there like a fkn ghost, letting the QB toss a bomd to the ez (like last half dozen games w Philly) I'm convinced he lost his juice. That is only thing that makes the fiasco make sense. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, johnnyjet said:

Lamar will never win the big game. He is a great fantasy football player and nothing more. He missed two wide-open receivers to win the game. If Aaron Rodgers were the quarterback that ball never hit the ground.

The Flowers miss wasn't really on him. He was throwing to a spot and Zay kept running. That's more of a miscommunication than a straight up miss. That throw before that damn near got Likely killed was on him though, not doubt about it. Straight up bad throw

6 minutes ago, Frankie Green said:

I also thought this same thing for a very long time... I'm betting you actually HAVE heard some, but just dont know it. Also... I thought her contract was up?! What were the details on their fake relationship contract that "Trav" had to get his lawyers involved to try and sue somebody

Nope. Uh uh. No. Zilch. I was damaged enuf having had to hear Madonna on the MTV airwaves.  I have been reprieved and NEVER heard a T Swift song. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

His toe was out of bounds.  

So they call a toe but a guy can be stopped 2 yards from the goal line, be pushed back 3 yards, held up for more than 3 seconds and then pushed forward 5 yards and its a TD. Got it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

So they call a toe but a guy can be stopped 2 yards from the goal line, be pushed back 3 yards, held up for more than 3 seconds and then pushed forward 5 yards and its a TD. Got it.

One set of rules for the Chiefs. One set of rules for everyone else.

By rule, Spags is not entitled to call his own timeout. But he's the Chiefs' DC, so go right ahead. Don't worry about the delay of game and the penalty yards the Ravens should actually have received.

The Ravens certainly had those illegal formations, but the Chiefs also had formations that didn't look legal by the rules, and they got away with it.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

The Ravens certainly had those illegal formations, but the Chiefs also had formations that didn't look legal by the rules, and they got away with it.

The Chiefs were the most egregious offenders of this illegal formation that led to them supposedly cracking down... but just not the Cheifs. They can still do it. Lolwtf

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Great game!  Those teams are already in midseason form for the most part, and are going to be scary.

There is a reason the NFL put them first though.  I pretty much guarantee that we aren’t going to see that level of play from any other squad, for at least the first few weeks of the season.   They have a level of continuity and coaching that is simply the envy of the league.

Its amusing that the NFL engineered what could be a meeting of the four best squads in the league in the Jets/SF and KC/Ravens.