Titans are a trash team

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He still thinks he's captain.  @Pac kindly put Joe W in his place.  I may not like you but I still like you much more than Joe W!

Thrashing Joe is akin to elder abuse.  Similar to what a young lady did to an old fool on TV last night. 

I'm cool with letting him think he's whatever he wants - especially if it keeps him from yelling at clouds. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Origen said:

First 4 weeks don't matter, honestly.  Oh they can "matter", but there is so much time to make up in the season that 4-0 or 0-4 means nothing.  There is a reason the waiver wire runs till week 4, nobody's roster is set in stone.  Chill.

28 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

It does though.

One thing Patriot Nation heard a lot during the previous week for a sign of hope was the Bengals notoriously slow starts.  Now, a staggering 1-8 in the first two weeks of the Burrow era.  This week they are in KC.  

Last year, the Bengals would have made the playoffs if they won one of the first two games.  That is despite missing Burrow for the last part of the season.

2022, again another 0-2 start, had the Bengals travelling to KC for the AFC Championship.  Again, if they won one of the first two, they are tied with KC and own the tiebreaker.  AFC Championship in the Jungle.

If the Bengals slog their way through another season and are on the outside of the playoffs again based on tiebreakers.  Do you think they will look back to Week 1 and think how we allowed a four-win team to beat us at home?

I understand your sentiment as far as team building.  This is a byproduct of the NFL we now enjoy where starters largely sit the through the preseason.    

You didn't have to even dignify his idiotic comment with a response.  The idea that (a little under) 1/4 of the season doesn't matter is utterly laughable.  Of course those games matter.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Thrashing Joe is akin to elder abuse.  Similar to what a young lady did to an old fool on TV last night. 

I'm cool with letting him think he's whatever he wants - especially if it keeps him from yelling at clouds. 

Please stop with this nonsense.  I get not supporting him but you'd have to be a complete fool to support her.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Please stop with this nonsense.  I get not supporting him but you'd have to be a complete fool to support her.

No one actually "supports" a political candidate unless they're insane.  It's always choosing between 2 platters of sh*t, you just have to choose the one you can live with, with the knowledge that the chef in the kitchen that produced those platters is at fault for it, not really the platters themselves.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Pac said:

Hes back from the beach and awake!!!

We were getting worried buddy.

• Haha 1

The titans are a really bad matchup for the Jets.  On offense, their strength is running the ball with 2 solid backs (pollard and Spears) and a stout oline coached by the GOAT Bill Callahan.  Obviously, our weakness is stopping the run.

On defense, their strength is their dline with 2 game wreckers in Simmons and Sweat.  They could be a huge problem for an immobile Aaron Rodgers.

Get ready for 4 quarters of stress fellas.  This is going to be a rock fight.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Losing it in abysmal fashion and single handedly resurrecting Levi's career is a real concern! 

the second part is what I fear.  400+ yards and 5 tds because, ya know... Jets'in

WAIVER WIRE TIME!!!  It's all good.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Oh hell, at least I know to not listen to anything you say at all.

9 hours ago, Origen said:

First 4 weeks don't matter, honestly.  Oh they can "matter", but there is so much time to make up in the season that 4-0 or 0-4 means nothing.  There is a reason the waiver wire runs till week 4, nobody's roster is set in stone.  Chill.

Poor choice of words 

only one team has started 0-4 and made the playoffs in NFL history (92 chargers). 

so, obviously, the every game matters.

On 9/10/2024 at 9:55 AM, Warfish said:

I'm not a fan of the "oh, 49'ers game means nothing, showed us nothing, Week 1, we're gonna rip off 4 wins now easy, etc." attitude.

If the Jets are supposed to be a Super Bowl contender, there is every reason to expect them to compete against a fellow Super Bowl contender like the 49'ers.

Last night simply was not competitive.  It showed, at least for right now, that the Jets are not remotely on the same level as the 49'ers.

So the next few weeks will help us see what level, exactly, the Jets actually are at.  Not on paper.  Not in fan hype.  But in reality.  

Are we the pushover we saw last night?  Or no?  Very much TBD right now.

Jets are not a Super Bowl contender and are not on the same level as the 9ers. 

Not making excuses but We have a new oline, new pieces on the d line and a qb who hasn’t played in 2 years. it’s going to take some time for these guys to gel together. We were never going to win this game

Personally I’d be happy if this team can sneak into the playoffs. But let’s see how they do as the season rolls on. Things should theoretically get better as the players begin to gel, and our competition is not one of the 2 best teams in the league. This was the toughest opponent on our schedule all year and we played them at the worst possible time. Week 1.

On 9/10/2024 at 12:19 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

This titans game is going to come down to a last second fg.  The only question is who is making that fg.

This is going to be a rock fight and a battle to the end.

Anyone thinking the Jets are going to go into Tenn and blow them out is delusional.

1 loss and you're already off that rah rah 13-4 jets are the best thing since wet pussy sh*t?

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Every team has tough matchups throughout the year.  No one if off anything.  Its going to be a tough game.  Dont overthink it.

Dude i can read between the lines……youre cracking already…..week 1. This after lecturing us on 14-3

so were 0-1. Youre already expressing concerns about this next game. 0-2 

who are the next snd only 2 losses oh great one

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude i can read between the lines……youre cracking already…..week 1. This after lecturing us on 14-3

so were 0-1. Youre already expressing concerns about this next game. 0-2 

who are the next snd only 2 losses oh great one

13-4 div crown.  Until we lose game 5, my prediction still stands.

Nowhere did I state we were blowing every team out.  

The titans game will come down to a last second fg.  Can we win this game?  Are we man enough to win this game?

Tune in on Sunday.

• Haha 1

So far the Jets have not shown me anything that says we can beat this team ...

The Titans have one of the best OL coaches in history ... And the Jets have displayed the worst run defense I have ever seen vs various zone gap schemes.

So ... Demonstratively... It is possible that the Titans can eat up the clock and win a ball control game.

This should not be the case. On paper the Jets have a far superior roster ... Or is that the flim flam we've been sold ? Aaron looked good last week. Accurate and in command ... Sure he's older ... But he is still a force. This is all on coaching .... if the talent on this team is what we have been repeatedly been told it is.

The Jets theoretically SHOULD win this contest easily ... But demonstratively they can easily lose. The Titans have a solid WR corp with Hopkins and Ridley. Sure Tony Pollard is no Christian McA... ... ... I mean Jordan Mason (a name none of us knew until last week)

The Titans don't have Kyle Shannahan ... They have the son of one of the best OL coaches in history. And that legendary coach is his OL coach. The Jets have Robert Salad ... A man of many slogans.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

234eb131023cd34c24c8ef56d35ce6ec.jpg

On 9/10/2024 at 8:42 AM, RevisIsland610 said:

The Titans could have won that game in Chicago. They held Williams to 100 yards and can run the ball. They aren't the 49ers but to say they are trash is dumb. One thing for damn sure is the schedule makers didn't do this team any favors with the start of this season. I expect the Jets to win but it will not be an easy game. 

Week 1 was tough no doubt, but the next 4 weeks is by far the easiest part of the schedule so I can't agree with this at all.

From week 6 on there isn't a single lay up game, they're all tough match ups.

Jets need to go 4-1 by the time they hit week 6 to have a good shot at the playoffs.

No matter it's going to be tough.

Chiefs

Dolphins

Bills

Texan 

Ravens

Are all likely garaunteed to make the playoffs and that'll likely leave the last 2 spots with Jets, Bengals, Chargers, Steelers, Jags and maybe the Browns if they bench Watson fighting it out.

• Sympathy 1

On 9/10/2024 at 9:32 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I disagree

Last night told us quite a bit

The “everything is fine”, “nothing to see here” take is pure Robert Saleh BS salesmanship

Wow. Johnson didn’t even wanna get up lol. 

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

13-4 div crown.  Until we lose game 5, my prediction still stands.

Nowhere did I state we were blowing every team out.  

The titans game will come down to a last second fg.  Can we win this game?  Are we man enough to win this game?

Tune in on Sunday.

if you think we are winning 13 games and the division then the titans are a team we should beat like a rug. kinda like what the 49ers just did to us

• Sympathy 1

if you think we are winning 13 games and the division then the titans are a team we should beat like a rug. kinda like what the 49ers just did to us
Exactly this ... The Titans will play tough .. the Jets need to pound them into submission by the third quarter.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

I don't expect it to be an easy game at all.  I think it'll go down to the wire.