Codrington

51 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Go after the supposed superstars who play terrible.  Not the role players.

Jet fans.....

It’s a whole lot less creepy to discuss Jets players than to hunt for witches among fellow fans.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Our offense sucked also. Talk about return on investment, let’s discuss Rodgers and Hackett too.

Amirite @Larz??? I’ll bet you thought you were reading a Zach Wilson stat line yesterday morning.

The offense wasnt great but it far from sucked.  They scored 3 tds.

Thinking there was anything comparable btwn our offense and defense on Monday is laughable.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thinking there was anything comparable btwn our offense and defense on Sunday is laughable.

The backup QB scored a TD in garbage time.
The O had the same number of possessions as the 49ers did. How many minutes did they have the ball before that last drive? About 12? 😂

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

another huge mistake letting LaFleur go for this clown we have now

They brought in Hackett to lure Rodgers 

nor sure it was worth it, but I don’t think the Hackett move happened in isolation. They knew what they were going for

3 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Look...there is plenty of blame to go around for the team's crappy performance on Monday night.

I think we all need to take a breath and see how this team responds on Sunday vs the Titans..

You want my prediction? Were losing. Losing badly. Its going to be a longhgghgg year again.

• Upvote 1

Our offense sucked also. Talk about return on investment, let’s discuss Rodgers and Hackett too.
Amirite [mention=8876]Larz[/mention]??? I’ll bet you thought you were reading a Zach Wilson stat line yesterday morning.

It was the D and coaching .. period ... First time I have ever fully agreed with Joe W.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Larz said:

Which corner are you cutting?

CORNERBACK (6)
1 Sauce Gardner CB 6-3 200 Cincinnati
4 D.J. Reed CB 5-9 188 Kansas State
30 Michael Carter II CB 5-10 184 Duke
26 Brandin Echols CB 5-10 175 Kentucky
29 Jarrick Bernard-Convers CB(S) 6-1 197 LSU
37 Qwan’tez Stiggers CB( 6-0 197 None/CFL

That's the crux of it, right there.  The Jets had 6 CBs they, rightly, preferred to Codrington - possibly 7, if you include Bartholomew who they probably hoped to sneak onto the PS at final cuts.

Codrington is a very nice return guy, but he has little or no value at Corner.  The Jets didn't think they could find room to keep a guy like that at the expense of another player who could add value on both specials and from scrimmage.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Quinnin Williams played the whole game and had 1 tackle.  Yeah, lets go after Gipson.

well one plays offense and one plays defense so I don't get the comparison plus they ran away from Quinnen mostly to the right side if anyone was to blame it would have been Kinlaw and Clemons because they got man handled

11 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Says the knuckle head who claimed McGoven was horrible. If the NFL is going to go the route of kicking to the landing zone which some teams have at various times FIELD POSITION will be huge in those instances. I think this kid has the ability from watching him return to be a top level returner

McGovern the former center here? He was horrible. 

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

well one plays offense and one plays defense so I don't get the comparison plus they ran away from Quinnen mostly to the right side if anyone was to blame it would have been Kinlaw and Clemons because they got man handled

Ran away from Quinnen.  HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.  This is as lame a the "Quinnen gets double teamed" excuse.

100 million dollars and 1 tackle.  Pathetic.

12 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Amirite @Larz??? I’ll bet you thought you were reading a Zach Wilson stat line yesterday morning.

i thought i was watching Zach Wilson some times.

the run up the middle for nothing and then running again up the middle for nothing and passing on 3rd and long was a Zach Wilson gameplan. and we were 6-10 60% on 3rd down which is good.

i get trying to ease Rodgers back into it after all this time of not playing but then why the hell didnt you play him some in preseason if thats the case.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Big mistake not keeping this guy here. Gipson sucks returning the football he sucks protecting the football and he does not do much in the offense either. I watched Codrington return for the Bills and he has the elusive moves, is dynamic ,and is fearless returning the football.He had a big return for them as well just like he had for us in preseason. if teams are going to try and hit the landing zone to avoid the ball at the 30 this kid is gonna kill it.  I think he will also be good in the punt return game.

Listen, hindsight is 20/20. This kid may turn out to be a stellar returner. He will probably just be slightly above average. But he COULD end up being a total stud in the return game. 

HOWEVER, the coaching staff did the right thing cutting him - at the time. All he could do is contribute on specials. And he wasn't incredible at it. He was just above average. He sucked as a CB, he could not do anything other than returner. This roster is way too deep to keep a guy around just to return. 

Say what you will about Gipson but he is a decent slot WR, he hasn't fumbled the ball yet this season (unless I missed something), and while maybe not great, he is certainly not a bad returner.   

Even in this small sample size where Codrington looked good and Gipson - not so much, it still seems like Gipson, AS A WHOLE, still provides more value to the team long term.

We shall see. Way too early to be saying this was a 'Big Mistake'.  

• Upvote 1

Big mistake not keeping this guy here. Gipson sucks returning the football he sucks protecting the football and he does not do much in the offense either. I watched Codrington return for the Bills and he has the elusive moves, is dynamic ,and is fearless returning the football.He had a big return for them as well just like he had for us in preseason. if teams are going to try and hit the landing zone to avoid the ball at the 30 this kid is gonna kill it.  I think he will also be good in the punt return game.

I was just going to post this, I’m watching the Bills game now and the guys first KR is 55 yards … we had to keep Izzy on this roster for what reason? A very replaceable rb 4 instead of a weapon in the return game ? The one kick Gipson ran out he looked like he was running in mud

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, Death2NE said:

I was just going to post this, I’m watching the Bills game now and the guys first KR is 55 yards … we had to keep Izzy on this roster for what reason? A very replaceable rb 4 instead of a weapon in the return game ? The one kick Gipson ran out he looked like he was running in mud

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

now this makes sense.

not getting rid of Gipson because i think he could be a decent 5th WR which will play this year, but why keep Izzy? the guy is never going to play. hell we dont even play our 2nd and 3rd RBs.

so there was room to keep Codrington and Gipson and make Cod strikly a KR/PR with Gipson backing him up.

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

Listen, hindsight is 20/20. This kid may turn out to be a stellar returner. He will probably just be slightly above average. But he COULD end up being a total stud in the return game. 

HOWEVER, the coaching staff did the right thing cutting him - at the time. All he could do is contribute on specials. And he wasn't incredible at it. He was just above average. He sucked as a CB, he could not do anything other than returner. This roster is way too deep to keep a guy around just to return. 

Say what you will about Gipson but he is a decent slot WR, he hasn't fumbled the ball yet this season (unless I missed something), and while maybe not great, he is certainly not a bad returner.   

Even in this small sample size where Codrington looked good and Gipson - not so much, it still seems like Gipson, AS A WHOLE, still provides more value to the team long term.

We shall see. Way too early to be saying this was a 'Big Mistake'.  

There is no hindsight involved here I liked the kid while he was here I liked the way he returned the ball in preseason Hindsight would apply if he was tearing up the NFL in Buffalo but that has not happened so Im not sure why you are saying that. I stated in another thread the day they traded him that I thought it was a mistake so once again no hindsight. Gipson will be lucky to be a 20-30 catch guy unless someone gets hurt and he is in an only option situation. Also I did not say it was a big mistake I said I thought it might be one.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I like 1 tackle willisms but quinnen wilkerson is brilliant.

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Ran away from Quinnen.  HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA.  This is as lame a the "Quinnen gets double teamed" excuse.

100 million dollars and 1 tackle.  Pathetic.

18 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thinking there was anything comparable btwn our offense and defense on Monday is laughable.

Deep thoughts by J W Namath .... Wrong thread