Garrett Wilson

TuscanyTile2

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4569618/garrett-wilson

image.png.62e218e3d5a1c31c5f8820be3438531d.png

Is it too early to have a slight bit of concern about GW5?  His numbers have been okay but I don't feel like he's been as crisp this year as he has been the previous 2 years.   I realize that he'll probably be just fine but something seems slightly off with him this year (at least so far).

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

6 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We need another wr.  Teams are doubling GW every play

Mike Williams is being eased into the offense. He signed a 1 year deal. We probably don’t have any intentions on resigning him. When he’s good to go, he’ll be getting a significant snap share. The other WR is on the roster. When healthy, there aren’t many better WR2’s in the league.

• Upvote 1

Last year he had 30.9% of the team’s receiving yards and 1042 in total.

This year he has, you guessed it, 30.9% of the team’s receiving yards - and is on pace for 995.

*above pending my ability to do quick phone app calculator math*

This is a small sample size meeting the idea of a rising tide lifting all boats not playing out.

People expected him to take a leap in part because the passing game was expected to take a leap, and it’s actually on pace to be worse than last year. If the offense gets rolling he’ll start to look better.

Mike Williams emerging would be a big deal too. Defenses really only need to worry about two guys right now. A big part why offensive skill talent continues to be a need.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

thats because GW is not getting a million targets like when Zach was here.

Zach keyed only on 3 players. GW, Conklin and dump offs to Hall. Rodgers can see the whole field so more people will  be involved. 

im sure GW is being covered maybe even double covered. Rodgers can spot that at the LOS and change the play like it seems he does all the time.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

I can't tell if this thread was in jest or not. The only thing I worry about with #5 is injury. Probably the 2nd best player the team has.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It wasn't meant in jest.  I agree he's one of the stars on this team and I'm not genuinely worried about him.  But I do feel like he hasn't really kicked things in gear so far and I'm a little bit surprised by that.  It'll probably happen very soon.

• Sympathy 1

55 minutes ago, hawk said:

Not worried.  I do think Rodgers and Wilson are off a bit. 

If rogers hits Wilson in stride on a couple crosses versus low sliding catches, we could be having a completely different conversation. 

He intentionally threw low and behind a couple of times to protect Garrett from taking a big hit 

Aikman pointed out one of them 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He intentionally threw low and behind a couple of times to protect Garrett from taking a big hit 

Aikman pointed out one of them 

It's still a timing thing, and wasn't talking specific, like the one (1) that was pointed out.  

There were around 3 last week.

thats because GW is not getting a million targets like when Zach was here.
Zach keyed only on 3 players. GW, Conklin and dump offs to Hall. Rodgers can see the whole field so more people will  be involved. 
im sure GW is being covered maybe even double covered. Rodgers can spot that at the LOS and change the play like it seems he does all the time.

AR is targeting gw, hall and the drop machine from green bay.

There ain't enough spreading going around in my opinion.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Um did you see that ridiculous catch he made today and you’re saying there’s cause for “concern”? Let’s the offense find its footing, its game 2. The stats still come.

This offense does need to find its footing listening to some people on this board is maddening. Not only does the offense need to get it together but so does the entire team. They have not ahd any real play time in preseason and thats looking like it was a mistake for the early season. Rodgers also after not playing for a while and with a new team FWIW also needs to settle in. Sure hes made some great throws but its obvious he is struggling with the play clock and its because he has a big role in the offense un doing what Hackett sends in . It will take him a few more weeks to get it all down then he will light it up.

This offense does need to find its footing listening to some people on this board is maddening. Not only does the offense need to get it together but so does the entire team. They have not ahd any real play time in preseason and thats looking like it was a mistake for the early season. Rodgers also after not playing for a while and with a new team FWIW also needs to settle in. Sure hes made some great throws but its obvious he is struggling with the play clock and its because he has a big role in the offense un doing what Hackett sends in . It will take him a few more weeks to get it all down then he will light it up.

Rodger’s isn’t struggling with the play clock. He’s struggling with getting the team on the same page as home.

We have a QB who diagnoses the defense and determines where to go with the ball. The rest of the team isn’t up to speed with what he wants/all his audibles and it’s taking time.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

The 3rd and 1 throw and catch was beauty and although Garrett made it look easy, only a very few wide receivers can make that adjustment and make that catch. That was an Aaron Rodgers audible that he admitted was thrown to the inside, with possible fear of interception if he threw to the outside, and as talented as GW is, he made the adjustment mid air. 

Such an underrated play in this game, that likely was a punt, if Garrett doesn’t make the catch. Instead we go and win the game.

But yeah, Garrett Wilson has been disappointing 😆

• Upvote 2