Has Davante Adams Played His Last Snap as a Raider?

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

OK well of course they're going to want the best return they can get, and ideally trade him out of the conference, but that said it's no secret which would be top on their call list. IOW if they're reaching out, they're not trading him to anyone else without a call to Douglas.

Maybe it's a receiver swap not just a pure pick(s)-for-player swap (whether they want Mike Williams in trade, potentially Corley, or whomever). 

Get him in here so all his exact routes & prep rub off on Wilson can learn & polish up his game, because his issue isn't innate ability. He's sure not polishing things up on his own from the Jets' coaches. 

Raiders know he's not going to be there next year anyway. He has to agree to a pay cut with them because they're sure not paying him $36MM in salary in 2025. 

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

OK well of course they're going to want the best return they can get, and ideally trade him out of the conference, but that said it's no secret which would be top on their call list. IOW if they're reaching out, they're not trading him to anyone else without a call to Douglas.

Maybe it's a receiver swap not just a pure pick(s)-for-player swap (whether they want Mike Williams in trade, potentially Corley, or whomever). 

Get him in here so all his exact routes & prep rub off on Wilson can learn & polish up his game, because his issue isn't innate ability. He's sure not polishing things up on his own from the Jets' coaches. 

Raiders know he's not going to be there next year anyway. He has to agree to a pay cut with them because they're sure not paying him $36MM in salary in 2025. 

Does Adams have a no trade clause?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Why would the Chiefs be on the list. "Yeah Lets trade him to our division rival".  I understand they are WR poor right now, but The Raiders would not try to make the Chiefs better.

They wouldn't. They're going to put the Jets vs. Bills to see who gives them the most.

He's over 30 and has a big contract so even though he's a great player and there will be competition, the price won't be that high. I'm thinking a 3rd round pick gets it done.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Why would the Chiefs be on the list. "Yeah Lets trade him to our division rival".  I understand they are WR poor right now, but The Raiders would not try to make the Chiefs better.

Because it's for one year and if the Raiders are reserved to the idea that they're not seriously competing for a title this season. They don't even know which QB they want to bench more than the other. If they lose to Denver on Sunday - if this Adams drama drags out that long out there - that might further that rationale.

Truth is after this season they lose Adams for nothing anyway, and they'd be taking a day 2 pick away from a division rival. They could look at it that way.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They wouldn't. They're going to put the Jets vs. Bills to see who gives them the most.

He's over 30 and has a big contract so even though there will be competition, the price won't be that high. I'm thinking a 3rd round pick gets it done.

I could see The Ravens chiming in also.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Kay was WAY hotter before cosmetic surgery. She hardly looks like the same person. No to Adams. We have a lame duck staff and need resources to rebuild. We have a super talented roster and the window is pretty much already closed. The Rodgers trade continues to be one of the dumbest moves of all time.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

Yeah - I don’t see any chance he goes to the chiefs

of course me saying that means it will happen

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Because it's for one year and if the Raiders are reserved to the idea that they're not seriously competing for a title this season. They don't even know which QB they want to bench more than the other. If they lose to Denver on Sunday - if this Adams drama drags out that long out there - that might further that rationale.

Truth is after this season they lose Adams for nothing anyway, and they'd be taking a day 2 pick away from a division rival. They could look at it that way.

How much do we know about the cap situation for a trade.

I looked on overthecap.com and Davante had a $23 million cap hit for 2024, which is about $1.4 million per week (17 weeks) which means he would have about $17-18million left for this season (if im doing this correctly).  Is that what we would need to have cleared to fit him in?

He does not have any guaranteed money in 2025 or 2026 on his deal but it seems (again im not an expert) that we would have post June 1 dead cap hits of $7 million in 2025 or 2026 that are part of his prorated contract numbers but maybe we dont inherit all of that?

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

I looked on overthecap.com and Davante had a $23 million cap hit for 2024, which is about $1.4 million per week (17 weeks) which means he would have about $17-18million left for this season (if im doing this correctly).  Is that what we would need to have cleared to fit him in?

He does not have any guaranteed money in 2025 or 2026 on his deal but it seems (again im not an expert) that we would have post June 1 dead cap hits of $7 million in 2025 or 2026 that are part of his prorated contract numbers but maybe we dont inherit all of that?

I think a decent portion of that money in 2024 is his signing bonus which doesn't go to his next team.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Plen T said:

Chiefs or Bills

No way they trade him to the Chiefs. Never happen. Period. If you are breathing and know anything about anything, you know this. But of course, you are just being miserable like everyone else here. 

14 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Don't look at the Raiders' cap amount. Look at how much they're paying him this year. 

Better to understand than to memorize: the only stuff that comes off the Jets' cap is money the Jets pay to the players. Likewise, anything the Raiders paid him - that hasn't fully come off yet because it was spread over multiple seasons instead - has to fully come off the cap (that's the reason for dead cap hits after a player's traded/cut).

The Jets didn't pay his signing bonus, or any bonus thereafter, so none of that would hit the Jets' cap.

Adams's base salary is $17MM even, which makes the math super-easy ($1MM/game). He'd cost the Jets (or whichever team trades for him) $1MM/game. 12 games left, he costs $12MM, and that's all that hits the cap. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

yea no. Imagine the Brady lead Pats have won 3 of the last 5 Super Bowls and your GM trades them Davante Adams. 

not happening.

I mean he’s saying all he can control is the conversation he’s having with Kay and then the next thing he does today, his workout or whatever.

He can’t trade himself.

It doesn’t sound like he’s long for Vegas, but I’m not sure I’d want him in NY anyway.

Paying any kind of premium for a soon-to be washed WR isn’t good business.

But GM Rodgers might put his foot down while assistant GM Douglas might feel like he has no choice with GW looking like a freaking shadow out there.