Has Davante Adams Played His Last Snap as a Raider?

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm not saying it's the only problem but WR has been a problem. Our #1 WR gets erased by a top CB and WR's aren't fully in sync with Rodgers. Rodgers and Adams come pre-synced and will take pressure off Wilson. 

With Williams and Adams on the outside Wilson would be attacking nickel backs and LBrs in the slot.

It would move the needle for sure.

Well, it looks like GW simply can't get on the same page as Rodgers.  They're not even close.

Williams is a better target for Rodgers right now - adding Adams will make this offense substantively better.

And if GW can eventually figure out how to run routes the way Rodgers wants - then the offense can take another step.

But right now Wilson is borderline useless and Mike Williams hasn't shown the ability to separate but can make contested catches.  So Lazard is, for all intents and purposes, WR1. 

That's not good.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Yes for real lmao WR hasn’t been this teams problem. The Dline gets no pressure, the scheme blows, the play calls are even worse, the defense can’t tackle I mean it goes on and on. I love Adams but I don’t think adding him is going to really make a huge difference in this season 

the defense has given up an average 10 points the last 3 games.

you are suppose to win all 3 of those games.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Yes.  The defense is not the problem.  As, seemingly, always the offenses's inability to consistently move the ball and score TD's is the reason this team isn't winning.

Lead up to Sunday's kick off in London ... national anthems are sung, jets fly overhead. Something drops out of one of them ... a parachute opens ... something in green lands on the field.

IT'S DAVANTE ADAMS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK JETS!!!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think this is actually aquite a reasonable trade, but the Raiders will have to work out a deal with Reddick first and we just don't know if he's going to be reasonable on his ask.

Also, if the Raiders did work out some kind of agreement with him first, that's not saying much about the Jets.  🤮

We’re the obvious choice.

BUT…. We won’t get a discount from LV for him.

So if we want him we have to outbid several teams.

I think he ends up with us inevitably.

But I expect BUF to drive the price up for us. And KC to be right there too.

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

And there's the trade request.  Lol @Raideraholic

On 7/16/2024 at 7:37 PM, Raideraholic said:

You’re dreaming there is no chance whatsoever D Adams is traded this year.   You just don’t understand  the cap hit the Raiders would incur trading him.   I don’t know why you do this to yourself.  Get your self excited when there is zero chance of it happening. 

On 7/16/2024 at 7:11 PM, Raideraholic said:

D Adams is big believer in A OConnell.  fact.   Always has been.  

On 7/21/2024 at 7:49 PM, Raideraholic said:

Well you’re wrong . The fact is he was a Life long Raider fan.  Fact.  He likes playing on the west coast so his family can see him play. Fact.    The Raiders would eat too much if they traded him.  

On 8/29/2024 at 9:59 AM, Raideraholic said:

Least you changed what you wrote before,  because you admitting that d Adams isn’t going anywhere this year,     That was my point .   We aren’t talking next year -9as D Adams will have bigger say . Not this year.      

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You’re dreaming there is no chance whatsoever D Adams is traded this year.   You just don’t understand  the cap hit the Raiders would incur trading him.   I don’t know why you do this to yourself.  Get your self excited when there is zero chance of it happening. 

Well you’re wrong . The fact is he was a Life long Raider fan.  Fact.  He likes playing on the west coast so his family can see him play. Fact.    The Raiders would eat too much if they traded him.  

Least you changed what you wrote before,  because you admitting that d Adams isn’t going anywhere this year,     That was my point .   We aren’t talking next year -9as D Adams will have bigger say . Not this year.      

R holic was v wrong about D Adams it turns out

• Haha 1

It looks like Adam's base salary is about $1M/week.  That happens to line up very nicely with Reddick's salary.  Just sayin'.

Cap hit to Raiders is big but not undoable.  By trading Adams, the Raiders would incur a dead-money charge of $15.7 million in 2025 along with $7.85 million in 2024.  Sucks for them, but that's what you get when you sign an alpha WR and then dump your beta QB, leaving you with two gammas.  

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We’re the obvious choice.

BUT…. We won’t get a discount from LV for him.

So if we want him we have to outbid several teams.

I think he ends up with us inevitably.

But I expect BUF to drive the price up for us. And KC to be right there too.

Well,  not many teams are looking to trade for Adams, at the raiders demand and Adams contract. Plus Adams will only go to a team he likes.  So I'm not sure the pool is as big as some might think. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

The defense has been underwhelming and has inflated stats after destroying a beat down pats team. This scheme and these play calls are the problem. Every pass play takes 5+ seconds to develop, we have Mike Will, Lazard, Wilson instead we throw deep 1v1 balls to Gibson. You could trade for Tyreek and Davante we’re still getting out-coached every game we play and Hackett will still not use them properly. This team doesn’t have a talent problem it has a coaching problem. We are just letting a regime that won’t be here next year spend future assets to try and save their asses. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is outstanding work. 

• Haha 1

Will Woody allow a lame duck GM use future compensation to make this deal happen.

I know Woody loves the headlines, most likely he will, but getting a new GM next year may be a little tougher not having the ammunition to draft, his guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk