We need to be sellers, not buyers

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Many are eager to turn this season around. I believe Woody should prevent Joey Dog from trading assets; instead, we should concentrate on the future by accumulating picks, not discarding them. Aaron Rodgers is not the solution for this team; we certainly shouldn't overpay for declining veterans.

I would prefer to see either of these players traded before contract extension issues arise:

1. Breece Hall for a 1st or 2nd round pick would be a bargain. We already possess one of the youngest players to score a touchdown on Allen.

2. Sauce for two 1st round picks. Despite his lackluster year, he will command a significant salary to re-sign. It's best to trade him while his value remains high.

We should aim towards the future and forget about the short-term splurge without dividends. 

Dude shut up. You are an attention wh*re. Im trying to find any good content and have to sift through garbage like this non stop

• Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Many are eager to turn this season around. I believe Woody should prevent Joey Dog from trading assets; instead, we should concentrate on the future by accumulating picks, not discarding them. Aaron Rodgers is not the solution for this team; we certainly shouldn't overpay for declining veterans.

I would prefer to see either of these players traded before contract extension issues arise:

1. Breece Hall for a 1st or 2nd round pick would be a bargain. We already possess one of the youngest players to score a touchdown on Allen.

2. Sauce for two 1st round picks. Despite his lackluster year, he will command a significant salary to re-sign. It's best to trade him while his value remains high.

We should aim towards the future and forget about the short-term splurge without dividends. 

SMH.

Lol... Jesus... Just when you thought you'd seen it all .. this gem gets posted.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Lol... Jesus... Just when you thought you'd seen it all .. this gem gets posted.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I am glad to make you and Jesus happy.  We are not going to keep all three of them (Wilson, Hall and Sauce) and we do need assets for our new regime. Sleep well tonight Jesus and Dunnie, sleep well. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Big Sean Omg GIF

1. Breece is a nice player.  He is not worth a first or second.

2.  I understand the sentiment, but you do not draft Top 5 corners every year.  

You cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube.  You committed to A-A-Ron.  I would say you cannot eat 49 million in dead cap, but Denver destroyed that logic.  You are tied to A-A-Ron for this year and more probable than not next year as well. 

The team is not bad enough to pull a Patriotesque 1 or 2 win season.  If anything I would say make a move for Davante, trade Garrett to LV and try to maximize the 1 or 2 more season you have of A-A-Ron.

38 minutes ago, Bronx said:

There will be multiple picks, Reddick, etc. We will overpay for a great player during his prime, which is behind him.  Don't forget, we are filling the roster with AR's buddies and so far, it has not paid off.  The most disgraceful part is that we are stuck with incompetency such a Hackett and all the ex-Packers.  

Joe Douglas and Saleh are AR's puppets. 

Other than Rodgers and Lazard who are all the ex Packers that you are writing about.

Just now, Joejet said:

Other than Rodgers and Lazard who are all the ex Packers that you are writing about.

Cobb was another one and I thought we had another player.  Just keep Adams away from this team, he is not going to make a huge difference.  

• The OP is obviously a bit negative, but there is a good point here.  At this point there is enough skepticism for AR8's current state and the coaching staff to wonder if they can make anything from this season.
  • Woody is in the entertainment business.  If they can add DA for a nominal price which can help them make the playoffs and add some fan excitement for the rest of the year, I think they do it.  They should not mortgage the future for Deshaun Watson.   But DA + AR8 (as old as he is) probably makes sense. 
  • Next year it is highly likely that this team is starting over.   It will be at least 2026 before this team sniffs the playoffs again.   So trying to make something work this season is probably worth it for a team that can be short term focused like the Jets.  Quality organizations would not do that deal, but quality organizations would not trade for AR8 either. 

11 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Cobb was another one and I thought we had another player.  Just keep Adams away from this team, he is not going to make a huge difference.  

While I don’t disagree with you about Adams, Cobb is retired. As far as I know Rodgers and Lazard are the only 2 ex Packers on the team. I don’t think Adams changes whether we make the playoffs or not and this is not a Super Bowl team with or without him with the coaching staff we have in place.

49 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

Dude shut up. You are an attention wh*re. Im trying to find any good content and have to sift through garbage like this non stop

The week following a loss, the vast majority of the content here is completely awful.  This thread is shockingly bad even for week after a loss standards.

3 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

The week following a loss, the vast majority of the content here is completely awful.  This thread is shockingly bad even for week after a loss standards.

We haven’t made the playoffs since 2010.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

If we can get two 1sts for sauce in the offseason I would do it. 

You only do it if you’re making a move for a QB. 
otherwise, the odds of hitting on someone as good as Sauce (even with two picks) isn’t very good.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

You’ve had to deal with lotsa bad content the last 14 years, huh Rob?

15 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

This thread suggests that the NY Jets need to stop thinking short-term, because we are not contenders this year. With this fact, we need to start looking at a future QB and get as many assets as possible.   Most fans suffer from tunnel-vision and can't see beyond their present state. 

1 hour ago, The Engineer said:

There is an ignore button that you can use if you don’t wish to follow a specific poster. Telling someone to shut up because you don’t agree with their posts isn’t necessary. There is a lot of content that I don’t agree with but this is a Jets board where there is a wide variety of opinions and everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they keep it clean and stay away from politics, religion, and personal attacks.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You only do it if you’re making a move for a QB. 
otherwise, the odds of hitting on someone as good as Sauce (even with two picks) isn’t very good.  

It’s two players + whether FAs we can get by not paying sauce 120M. So I would 100% do it even if for not a QB

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Bronx said:

This thread suggests that the NY Jets need to stop thinking short-term, because we are not contenders this year. With this fact, we need to start looking at a future QB and get as many assets as possible.   Most fans suffer from tunnel-vision and can't see beyond their present state. 

The only fact about the jets right now is we are 2-2 and currently the 5th seed for the playoffs.  Whether we are contenders or not is an opinion not fact.

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

i am not for this, but i will indulge you.

if we trade Hall and Sause, then why not GW Too? if you make these trades you are punting not only this season but the next couple too. do you really think the guys you want to keep like im assuming you want to keep GW. think he will sign here after this? cause a move like this says your rebuilding again. and he is not staying here for that.

and draft picks are crap shoots. there is no guarantee you make this team better.

i get it, you think we suck. and thats your right. but were 2-2. we still have 3 qts of the season left.

the Mets started 0-5 and over a qt of the season they started 22-33. and now they made the playoffs and are giving us alot to be happy about. i bet you wanted to trade Lindor and Alonzo after starting 22-33.

anything can happen.

i do agree with you about not adding high priced players and giving up draft pick for them (Adams) but i am not for tearing it all down, not being 2-2.