Stop Scapegoating the HC

2 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

We have a patchwork OL? LOL You guys are delusional.

We signed 3 free agents this past offseason to be starters.  And Tyron Smith hasn't been good so far this year, btw.  I'm not saying we shouldn't be able to win with these players.  Just that IIRC, JD was supposedly an OL guru but Becton failed, Max Mitchell doesn't seem to be good, Carter Warren is still a backup, Tipp-y still has everything to prove.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Ideal Fidelio offense:

HC: Robert Saleh

OC: Nathaniel Hackett

QB: Zach Wilson

Dumb.

I'm not saying Saleh has been good, nor am I saying Hackett is or Zach Wilson was...I am, although saying is Rodgers is shot, the OL is terrible, the WR's can't get any separation...

And every one of those choices are on the GM.

This idea that if we had a better HC and OC this team would be winning is beyond absurd.

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Dumb.

I'm not saying Saleh has been good, nor am I saying Hackett is or Zach Wilson was...I am, although saying is Rodgers is shot, the OL is terrible, the WR's can't get any separation...

This idea that if we had a better HC and OC this team would be winning is beyond absurd.

You don't think we would've at least beaten Denver last week if we had even a semi-competent HC?!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Dumb.

So… excuses? Got it! That’s REALLY SMART! You’re as sharp as a marble!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I am usually against firing people mid season but Saleh and Hackett have to go. 

how can an offense with Breece Hall, Garrett Wilson, Mike Williams, Lazard. Conklin be this bad ?

An offense can be this bad for three reasons..

First and foremost - you have a sh*tty QB (which we do)

Second - Your OL is awful (which is it)

Third - You are far overrating Hall, Wilson, Williams, Lazard and Conklin (which, I'm sure you are)

• More Ugh 3

30 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

the talent isn’t as good as we probably thought but the practice habits/offseason/training camp approach is horrific. A month into the season and they’re still figuring out how to break a huddle

This cant be understated.

Seriously, wtf is going on with this team?

• Post of the Week 2

25 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I am usually against firing people mid season but Saleh and Hackett have to go. 

how can an offense with Breece Hall, Garrett Wilson, Mike Williams, Lazard. Conklin be this bad ? How is Hall having such a miserable season ? They addressed the issues on the OL with one of the best LEft tackles in the game. Brought in Morgan Moses, John Simpson who were starters in Baltimore and yet they can’t open a hole for a RB or hold off a pass rush to let Rodgers take a shot down the field ? 

Something is really wrong. Is it scheme ? Is it abandoning the run game early ? 

The penalties continue to flow with no end in sight. 

I would at the least change the OC. If Rodgers doesn’t like it we’ll tough go home then and we’ll put Taylor in there.

The loss of Morgan Moses is killing this line.  The Penn state rookie is a left tackle, not a right tackle.  he's struggling immensely at RT

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He hired the coach. He made the play for Rodgers. How does he escape all blame?

Nobody said he's blameless. He clearly missed on draft picks but what GMs haven't. At the end of the day, you can't look at this roster and say it's not loaded with talent. 

In fact, if the first 5 games have told us anything, it's that the same offensive problems exist this year as last year. If it wasn't for Rodgers putting together some drives, we'd be looking at blowouts like we had at the end of last year. 

What does that come down to? Coaching.  

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sometimes I truly wonder if you guys watch the games.  

How you can come away from watching that awful offense and come away thinking it's all bad coaching is beyond me.

I'm not saying Saleh has been good - but I am saying any coach would struggle to win with this team.

Do you think this roster is worse than the average Macc roster?

3 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Nobody said he's blameless. He clearly missed on draft picks but what GMs haven't. At the end of the day, you can't look at this roster and say it's not loaded with talent. 

In fact, if the first 5 games have told us anything, it's that the same offensive problems exist this year as last year. If it wasn't for Rodgers putting together some drives, we'd be looking at blowouts like we had at the end of last year. 

What does that come down to? Coaching.  

Who hired the coach?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Do you think this roster is worse than the average Macc roster?

I don't think it's much better.  I'm really not even sure what that means-- considering the job is to win games and the Jets have been worse under Douglas than Mac.  Is the roster "better" if it doesn't produce more wins?

Again, it almost always comes down to QB play.  Mac's only reasonable season was when Fitz was playing well.  Joe hasn't had a good reasonable season because he hasn't been able to find a QB.

Joe made a very good trade that translated to a very good draft (which might not be as good as thought) - but other than those two days - I don't see anything about Joe that tells me he was better than Mac.

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Who hired the coach?

Typical deflection tactics when you can't argue a point. 

And for the record, you're very naive if you think the decision to hire media darling Saleh was on JD alone and there was no influence from Woody. 

Just now, bgivs21 said:

Typical deflection tactics when you can't argue a point. 

And for the record, you're very naive if you think the decision to hire media darling Saleh was on JD alone and there was no influence from Woody. 

Ahh, the ole JD was following Woody's orders. Good of Woody to put together this super talented roster then.

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Ahh, the ole JD was following Woody's orders. Good of Woody to put together this super talented roster then.

Typical mindless drone. 

Lmk when you can put together coherent thoughts and we'll continue this conversation 

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We have a patchwork OL that hasn't come together and JD hired Saleh.  So JD definitely gets his share of the blame.  But none of that excuses our CS.  Saleh needs to go.

Anyone who doesn't see Saleh's mindset translating directly into Hackett's predictable game planning, needs to watch a different sport...

Sabo.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

It's just far too easy to blame this mess on the HC.

If there's one person to blame it's JD. 

The OL is awful, the QB has been worse, you have WR's that can't get separation and RB's that can't break a tackle.

This is a league about scoring points and through 5 years of Joe Douglas the Jets have been incapable of doing so.

Is all the above an option? 

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Lol, the mental gymnastics that goes on around the cult of JD around here is laughable!…we are being horribly let down by coaching, that is not in doubt, but at the game today I struggled to see a roster loaded with talent…just a bunch of guys getting outplayed by the other team, some notable individual efforts but otherwise an entire roster that, if it’s only better coaching that they need, then they need an awful lot of it 

• Upvote 4
  • More Ugh 1