I was wrong

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The possibility of Aaron Rodgers making an impact on this team in a real way disappeared when he went down. An added year and a tough injury have reduced him to a shell of what he was. 

He should have retired a Packer and gone on to other things. 

I couldn't get myself excited for this season because in reality, I have known this since the instant he went down last year in week 1... but I was hoping for maybe SOMETHING that could snap this franchise out of the funk its been in since my son was 2. He's 15 now. A broken, 60% Rodgers isn't enough to overcome the garbage ownership decisions, bad roster management, and piss-poor coaching. 

Thats just the way I see it. Hell, I didn't even bother waking up for the game, I'm not sleeping well because of a rotator cuff tear I'm waiting to get surgery on, and when I woke up at 8:30 or so, I rolled back over and slept until halftime. Because I just don't see any point to it right now. Glad I did, I guess I missed a pick 6 and a bunch of other usual Jets clown car crap. 

Thank God the next 2 weeks are on Prime Time for National audiences now that ALL of the sharks are circling, smelling blood in the water...

Too bad Woody has ZERO shame OR pride. 

Feel better buddy!  Get ready for next Monday night.  Sole possession is ours!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

puss

I would rather be a “puss” for dropping any form of unwarranted blind optimism than be delusional enough to believe that there is a fairytale ending to all of this any and every single day of the week.

• Upvote 1

AR wasn’t helping any team he’s washed GB saw the writing on the wall. Until the Jets draft a decent QB nothing changes how many times does it have to proven leave the bums washed up guys for other teams but the Jets always step up show everybody how dumb they are. 

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Agreed.  They shouldn’t even consider sniffing around Adams after today.

That loss will likely put a wrap on the Jets season.  There is no shot, based on what we’ve seen, that they’re beating Buffalo next week, which will bring them to 2-4, & they are not going 9-1, or even 8-2, down the stretch to make the playoffs.  The next few weeks are going to be filled with some hard personnel decisions and, for me, the only reason I’m attending the reminder of this year's home games is out of financial obligation.  Found out that the Jets are sending out invoices for next year and, as of today, I have much better things to do with my money and time.  Becoming a STH again was a mistake, as was ever falling in love with this sport.

- Rodgers is washed and probably done after this year.

- Saleh and co. are definitely gone.

- The players from the best draft class we've had in 20 years are probably gone soon, too.

- Next GM will need t tear it down to build it back up so say goodbye to guys like Quinnen and Quincy Williams.

It’s as bleak as bleak can get, and I’m not a kid anymore.  Maybe it’s just time to let football go.

I mentioned my son in my OP. I have 2 boys, 15 and 12 years old. Too them, the Jets are a source of frustration for their Dad and something to be avoided like the plague. Neither of them cares about Football, because in the formative years of their lives the Jets (and Football in general) has not been something fun for them to watch. I tried to get them into it, and they would say innocent and childishly simple things like, "but the Jets always lose, Daddy", which has devolved into my 15 year old saying, with pity on his old man, "Sorry the Jets sucked again today, Dad. Maybe they'll get better soon, though". 

LOL

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Pac said:

It's unreal..  They could have just as easily won the last 2 weeks and be 4-1.

The season isn't fking over. 

But they didn’t.  They aren’t 4-1 because they are a talented team held back by a bottom of the league coaching staff that isn’t going anywhere until after the season, and a soon to be 41 year old QB who doesn’t have it anymore.  What have you seen the last two weeks that tells you that this team is a legitimate Super Bowl contender?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

But they didn’t.  They didn’t because they are a talented team held back by a bottom of the league coaching staff that isn’t going anywhere, and a soon to be 41 year old QB who doesn’t have it anymore.  What have you seen the last two weeks that tells you that this team is a legitimate Super Bowl contender?

What they looked like the last two weeks is much less important than what they look like in December & January. It's a slim margin between winning and losing and they're obviously out of sync.

The AFCE sucks. All they need to do is get into the playoffs and anything can happen. Punting on the season is premature. 

Sorry for calling you a puss (not really) but I did not expect to see such drivel from you so early. We're playing for the division lead next Monday.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Currently working on the tattoo coverup design for my Jets tattoo….I don’t want the morticians to laugh at me when I die. 

Maybe a portrait of "Sully" Sullenberger?

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I mentioned my son in my OP. I have 2 boys, 15 and 12 years old. Too them, the Jets are a source of frustration for their Dad and something to be avoided like the plague. Neither of them cares about Football, because in the formative years of their lives the Jets (and Football in general) has not been something fun for them to watch. I tried to get them into it, and they would say innocent and childishly simple things like, "but the Jets always lose, Daddy", which has devolved into my 15 year old saying, with pity on his old man, "Sorry the Jets sucked again today, Dad. Maybe they'll get better soon, though". 

LOL

This post is a microcosm of why I’m starting to pull away.  I’m getting ready to start my own family.  I have lived and died by this team for 25 years (which is completely my fault for developing an obsessive attachment towards sports, but that’s a conversation for therapy, lol.)  I have no interest in introducing my future kids to the Jets, or football in general, something I used to dream about when I thought about the future.

The large majority of my life I have been “looking towards next year.”  I’d rather spend my time living in the present.

• Post of the Week 2

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I would rather be a “puss” for dropping any form of unwarranted blind optimism than be delusional enough to believe that there is a fairytale ending to all of this any and every single day of the week.

Thinking there’s a fairytale ending every week is silly. That’s not very realistic.  I spend my time rooting for this team because I enjoy watching the sport and have hope they’ll make the playoffs. 

Yes, I think they’re total ass right now but crazy things happen and the division is trash too. 
I admit, a couple more losses, and I won’t be very glued to the tv as much. 

BUT - as long as we’re in the playoff race. Idc. I’ll still be watching and rooting. Because even if you fall ass backwards into it, anything can happen. So just get me there, I really don’t care how. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Thinking there’s a fairytale ending every week is silly. That’s not very realistic.  I spend my time rooting for this team because I enjoy watching the sport and have hope they’ll make the playoffs. 

Yes, I think they’re total ass right now but crazy things happen and the division is trash too. 
I admit, a couple more losses, and I won’t be very glued to the tv as much. 

BUT - as long as we’re in the playoff race. Idc. I’ll still be watching and rooting. Because even if you fall ass backwards into it, anything can happen. So just get me there, I really don’t care how. 

For the record, I’m talking about a fairytale ending to the season, not on a week to week basis.

I admire the optimism, but Saleh and Hackett are not becoming great coaches midseason.  Rodgers isn’t going to suddenly turn back the clock either.  Maybe I’m jaded, maybe I’m letting my life story bleed too much into my passions/hobbies, but I don’t find joy in hoping for the best anymore.  Having that optimism get beaten out of me has gotten old.

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Remember Mets fans were talking like this in April and May

Uh, no.  Expectations were low for the 2024 Mets entering the season.  The front office itself seemed to be preparing for a “redshirt year” with their actions and comments over the offseason.

This Jets team came in with the expectation of a division title and/or deep playoff run.  Starting 2-3 entering the Bills game was not supposed to be in the cards.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

For the record, I’m talking about a fairytale ending to the season, not on a week to week basis.

I admire the optimism, but Saleh and Hackett are not becoming great coaches midseason.  Rodgers isn’t going to suddenly turn back the clock either.  Maybe I’m jaded, maybe I’m letting my life story bleed too much into my passions/hobbies, but I don’t find joy in hoping for the best anymore.  Having that optimism get beaten out of me has gotten old.

Namaste Hello GIF by Ranveer Singh

I wish you the best.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Uh, no.  Expectations were low for the 2024 Mets entering the season.  The front office itself seemed to be preparing for a “redshirt year” with their actions and comments over the offseason.

This Jets team came in with the expectation of a division title and/or deep playoff run.  Starting 2-3 entering the Bills game was not supposed to be in the cards.

The story is just being written a little different than expected. Jet the fak up baby!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What they looked like the last two weeks is much less important than what they look like in December & January.

The AFCE sucks. All they need to do is get into the playoffs and anything can happen. Punting on the season is premature. 

Sorry for calling you a puss (not really) but I did not expect to see such drivel from you so early. We're playing for the division lead next Monday.

agreed. its sad to see so many just give up so early in the season.

we lost today but we were right there. i was told we were going to be blown out but we weren't. thats 2 weeks in a row we came within one play from being 4-1.

Rodgers missing throws, receivers missing catches, blocking..... that could all get cleaned up.

if we were getting beat like the 49ers did to us i would be more down, but we are right there, we could turn it around.

and like you said the AFC east is open. 

we dont do well with the blitz, and we just faced the top 2 teams in blitzing, the Bills blitz the least in the NFL. in fact the best team at blitzing thats left on our schedule are the Texans at 11 who blitz 26% of the time.

i still think we can make the playoffs.