Davante Adams Post Game Speech

It won’t make a difference. I appreciate AR and Davante trying to help fix the culture but the damage as been done by Salad and JD. You can’t fix that. Gut the roster and start fresh with players that aren’t tainted. Salad did irreparable damage to this franchise. 

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It won’t make a difference. I appreciate AR and Davante trying to help fix the culture but the damage as been done by Salad and JD. You can’t fix that. Gut the roster and start fresh with players that aren’t tainted. Salad did irreparable damage to this franchise. 

Dude or dudette, it goes higher than the coach and GM.

• Upvote 1

Ulbrich needs to hand the defense over to his most trusted lieutenant, and use the power of his personality as the head coach of the entire team. I think he has it in him, from what I’ve seen. He didn’t ask for this bull****, but he’s been thrust into it, and he needs to grab this opportunity. This is his career, here or somewhere else. Waiting for Haason Reddick to deliver the next, “you guys seem like you don’t have a head coach,” speech will probably be too late. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Sadly it’s likely too late. But good for him to call the whole team out for effort, energy, and not being to the highest standard.

Sadly this is the energy we should’ve had for a few weeks now and we haven’t had it. So I don’t see this changing things.

I think we beat NE just bc NE is that bad. But get beat by HOU to make our playoff hopes all but fine in just 8 days at 3-6

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

Dude or dudette, it goes higher than the coach and GM.

But seriously I don’t buy that. Yeah Woody sucks but the 2000s were nothing like this and coaches/Tannenbaum overcame Woody’s incompetence. The head coach culture and toughness is most important. The dropoff from Herm/Mangini/Rex to Bowle/Gase/Saleh is comical. Salad was by far the weakest coach that the Jets have had during Woody’s tenure with his PC corporate pussy bullsh*t with no accountability. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I hate to say this, but I think its true.... and please pardon the foul language... but this team is a bunch of pussies, and guys like Davante and Reddick see it immediately. CJ Mosely immediately took advantage of a "get out of the season free" ticket. Garrett Wilson wore a PEARL ******* NECKLACE and a lady's suit to the draft.... 🚩 🚩🚩 ⚠️

Sauce is an absolute and abject coward vs anyone running with the ball towards or near him. Solly Thomas and Uzomah are/were more interested in Broadway Shows than practice or games. Quinnen Williams got paid and mailed it in. Zach Wilson was the poster boy for the roster JD and Saleh built. Carter and Moore both pussed out and cried, revealing character issues that should have been sniffed out Pre-Draft. Olu looks like another "nice kid, zero toughness" addition to the team.

There is NO toughness in this team, mentally or physically. Toughness has nothing to do with size, strength, or athletic ability. Look at how the 49ers, Broncos, Vikings, Bills and Steelers literally pushed this team around and treated them like a bunch of little kids. They're no bigger, stronger, or faster than guys on the Jets roster. They're just tougher. We have a bunch of gym divas and IG badasses that fold when another team punches them in the mouth. Tony Adams, the tiniest guy on the Defense has more "toughness" in him than all of these first-round picks combined, and he got hurt sticking his nose where most of these other guys would have given the old ole' or fake-tried an arm tackle. Tyron Smith is milking a final paycheck and is playing so badly it can't be for anything other than total lack of effort. Play like a Jet, indeed.

Soft. The perfect word for the current Jets, and chill bro Rodgers has no idea how to deal with it, and it took Davante Adams about 10 minutes in the facility to see it. 

100%

A few weeks back Ulbrich said that JFM was our “ambassador of violence” and when asked who replaced him in that role he has no answer. 

The second moses got hurt we heard from Aaron that the team would miss his toughness and attitude.

this team has very little dawg in it 

• Upvote 1

My personal view is that JD and Saleh basically “gave up” because they knew their efforts would be undermined by Woody, the owner.  

Saleh is supposedly building a career has an NFL Head Coach.  He had no interest in dogging it.  But the AGNB slogan was probably the PR department’s idea.   Saleh supposedly wanted to keep Darnold.  He got Zach Wilson.  JD was made the trade for Rodgers.  Saleh was made to hire Hackett and fire his best friend’s brother (who actually created a decent running game).  

Good people are not going to be motivated if they are not allowed to do their jobs.  

The culture of this team needs to completely change.  I don’t think it’s Woody who does it.  

• Post of the Week 1

The Jets will snatch his soul in 2 weeks lol

They have no juice or energy because they liked Saleh but wanted Hackett gone. Saleh is gone and Hackett stays because he’s club Rodgers. 

They don’t believe in ownership and JD was kneecapped and castrated recently. 

I’ve been in denial but it’s time to face the truth. 

They don’t believe in the game plans, coaches, none of it. 

Rodgers is treating the Jets like it’s his team and his sh*t don’t stink so when he threw that ugly pick they just went into the tank. 

Woody completely screwed up the situation and it’s going to get ugly from here. Yes it can get worse. 

J!

• Upvote 2

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a guy get tackled at the 1 yard line more often than Breece.

He’ll break off a run for 70 yards weaving through 9 guys yet always fail to finish.

Even his rookie year he had plays like that where he’d get dragged down in front of the goal line.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Adams running back to make that Superman tackle after the int is the best play a Jets player has made in 15 years.

Especially since it was his first game back from a hamstring injury.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The bigger problem is that when guys in a poor, weak culture hear a speech like that, the reaction isn't usually positive. The reaction from cultures of weakness like the Jets have is usually defensive or flat out, "**** THAT guy, what does HE know" type of thinking. 

• Upvote 2
  • En Fuego 1

28 minutes ago, slats said:

Ulbrich needs to hand the defense over to his most trusted lieutenant, and use the power of his personality as the head coach of the entire team. I think he has it in him, from what I’ve seen. He didn’t ask for this bull****, but he’s been thrust into it, and he needs to grab this opportunity. This is his career, here or somewhere else. Waiting for Haason Reddick to deliver the next, “you guys seem like you don’t have a head coach,” speech will probably be too late. 

I was shocked he didn’t name a DC.

Figuring out how to be a HC isn’t something you can do in 36 hrs.

Bob Saleh was here 4 years and still had no clue.

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sadly this is the energy we should’ve had for a few weeks now and we haven’t had it. So I don’t see this changing things.

Woody really had his finger on the pulse, huh? He let the air out of this team. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Adams running back to make that Superman tackle after the int is the best play a Jets player has made in 15 years.

Yeah, that play spoke volumes about the type player he is. What a shame it took him less than a week to see how many mopes there are on this team who can’t match that.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

But seriously I don’t buy that. Yeah Woody sucks but the 2000s were nothing like this and coaches/Tannenbaum overcame Woody’s incompetence. The head coach culture and toughness is most important. The dropoff from Herm/Mangini/Rex to Bowle/Gase/Saleh is comical. Salad was by far the weakest coach that the Jets have had during Woody’s tenure with his PC corporate pussy bullsh*t with no accountability. 

I already think the next regime stinks too! Let’s get rid of them too!😉

• Upvote 1

Quincy Williams at least leads by example by how hard he plays.

Quinnen looks like an invisible stiff since he got his bag.

It’s a disgusting insult to Aaron Donald to ever mention Quinnen and him in the same breath.

Losing DJR probably hurt too more than we know.

He’s been an emotional leader in the secondary.

• Upvote 1

Ulbrich eluded to the fact they're not meeting expectations leading to pressing which leads to not having fun. 

This wasn't a problem last year when with no expectations the D in particular would all celebrate together. 

Take away Jermaine, take away Saleh, team underperforming, and here we are. 

Win and suddenly you'll see them having fun again.  I trust that starts this Sunday 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Quinnen Williams lightly jogging after the ball carrier I’m sure goes over well when he’s making 100 million bucks 

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Ulbrich eluded to the fact they're not meeting expectations leading to pressing which leads to not having fun. 

This wasn't a problem last year when with no expectations the D in particular would all celebrate together. 

Win and suddenly you'll see them having fun again.  I trust that starts this Sunday 

And last Monday, and the Sunday before that and in the AM game, and the Sunday before that....

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

The defense was just good last year. Not great. Wasn’t very good against Buffalo the second time or Miami. Dallas rolled them. Their best game was against Philly with Sauce and Reed out. 

Or… you never had a hammy. The Raiders sat you until they could deal you.
It is pretty freaking hilarious.. the guy with the hammy beat out the entire Jets offense to tackle the pitt defender that intercepted that ball.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk