Herm Backs Into the Playoffs...

madmike1

You cannot get everything in this life.

Another Hermie/Dungy circle jerk in Indy. JOY! Can only hope Tom Moore and the lovely Peyton remember 2002 and decide some payback is in order, but if Larry Johnson can get on the plane he's good for 175 yards.

Another Hermie/Dungy circle jerk in Indy. JOY! Can only hope Tom Moore and the lovely Peyton remember 2002 and decide some payback is in order, but if Larry Johnson can get on the plane he's good for 175 yards.

Gotta agree with you here. I actually think the Chiefs have a great chance to win in Indy.

Gotta agree with you here. I actually think the Chiefs have a great chance to win in Indy.

Agreed. Look for LJ ot get about 45 carrries. Theywill just try to keep the colts O off the field. That is going to be a bore fest. I think the Chiefs can pull it off though.

JMO but the "backing in" term is a bunch of BS. When the regular season is over, there are two categories that teams fall in to.

1) Won enough games to get in to the playoffs

2) Didn't win enough games to get in to the playoffs

Regardless of which week you win the games in, you've got to win enough to get in and there are very few "gimmes" in the NFL nowadays. So many teams that are similar in talent and it comes down to execution to win games. Again, this is just my opinion.

I agree with you there,but I think the Chiefs will play keep away with LJ and not give Manning many opportunities to score.I think the Chiefs could hand off to LJ on every snap and walk right down the field and into the endzone on the Colts.They suck on defense,especially against the run.

JMO but the "backing in" term is a bunch of BS. When the regular season is over, there are two categories that teams fall in to.

Regardless of which week you win the games in, you've got to win enough to get in and there are very few "gimmes" in the NFL nowadays. So many teams that are similar in talent and it comes down to execution to win games. Again, this is just my opinion.

I agree.

However, it is much nicer to control your own destiny and take care of business, than it is to be rooting for other teams in the late games on the last day of the season.

I agree with you there,but I think the Chiefs will play keep away with LJ and not give Manning many opportunities to score.I think the Chiefs could hand off to LJ on every snap and walk right down the field and into the endzone on the Colts.They suck on defense,especially against the run.

That run D can make average players look like pro bowlers, so what will LJ do? I see the Chiefs taking it. Hermie's cover who seems to work against Peyton for some reason, but then again, every defense confuses Peyton in the playoffs.

So the Colts have a first round bye. Good for them.
Colts have been automatic cover money in the 1st round the last few years. But their defense is so bad against the run that even a moron like Edwards giving Johnson 30+ touches figures to at least make it a game.

Good recap in the KC star of the charmed life of Herm Ewards, correctly detailing his "accomplishment" of getting into the playoffs 3 times with the Jets:

Above everything else, though, he is one word. Herm Edwards is lucky.

You think I

If you want to win a SB the key is 11 wins. No team in the last 10 years has won without at least 11 wins. Teams that make it on the last week of football for what ever reason don't move on.

snow monkey has the key to this game down-if Indianapolis can get an early lead and take KC out of their run game they can win-make them pass early and often and the Colts can win

That is Indy's gameplan against anybody though.

The whole premise of thier offense to get ahead and allow their D to tee off. At that time their bend and don't break mentality works great. The other team feels pressure to match scores.

That is Indy's gameplan against anybody though.

The whole premise of thier offense to get ahead and allow their D to tee off. At that time their bend and don't break mentality works great. The other team feels pressure to match scores.

that's the point they are a kind of one trick pony-so to speak

Dungy will let them have everything between the twenties. He'll tighten the screws in the red zone, holding the Chiefs to FG's. The Colts will score TD's.

Neither punter will see the field.

Archived