Brady Quinn Is

Maxman

shows hes got strength, came prepared unlike russel and it shows hes a competitor.

Quinn will go #1 overall

The bowl game or big game ND won while he was there? Can you name one? Other than GaTech taking stupid pills and not forcefeeding the ball to Calvin Johnson, ND probably wouldn't have beaten a decent team all year.

Quinn took a POUNDING his first two seasons at ND.

Never got hurt, never pissed and moaned about his protection, just got up everytime.

He's tough.

He's got all the tools.

The only thing I don't like is he's a bit of a streaky passer.

He'll miss some wide open guys, then get hot and complete 15 in a row.

Not sure how people can call him the product of a system.

It's a freaking pro-style system.

I think he'll be a pretty damn good pro in a few seasons.

But unless they're on the Jets, I don't give a rats ass about any of my ND guys once they leave.

Quinn took a POUNDING his first two seasons at ND.

Never got hurt, never pissed and moaned about his protection, just got up everytime.

He's tough.

He's got all the tools.

The only thing I don't like is he's a bit of a streaky passer.

He'll miss some wide open guys, then get hot and complete 15 in a row.

Not sure how people can call him the product of a system.

It's a freaking pro-style system.

I think he'll be a pretty damn good pro in a few seasons.

But unless they're on the Jets, I don't give a rats ass about any of my ND guys once they leave.

A strong-armed, mobile quarterback who threw TD's in a pro-style offense? Who would possibly want that?

The bowl game or big game ND won while he was there? Can you name one? Other than GaTech taking stupid pills and not forcefeeding the ball to Calvin Johnson, ND probably wouldn't have beaten a decent team all year.

The problem with "BIG WINS/GAMES" is there's a different standard at Notre Dame.

Define a "BIG WIN".

A ND big win is beating SoCal, or any top 5 school.

I think it's a big win if they beat any of their top rivals regardless of rank (SoCal, Michigan, Mich St, Purdue, Penn St, Pitt) or any ranked school.

In that case Brady Quinn beat:

03- @ (15) Pitt

04- (8) Michigan

@ (9) Tennessee

05- @ (21) Pitt

@ (5) Michigan

@ (22) Purdue

Tennessee

06- @ GT

Penn St

Not a bad resume considering the talent levels on his ND teams.

Ty was fired because he couldn't recruit.

1 ok class and three crap was what Brady was working with.

I don't think its that hard to believe Quinn will drop. Especially after throwing hissy fits this week over his stock apparently dropping and he's not doing most of the drills in the combine. Also apparently Drew Stanton is doing really well in interviews he could work his way up to the early second round to someone like the Browns.

I don't think its that hard to believe Quinn will drop. Especially after throwing hissy fits this week over his stock apparently dropping and he's not doing most of the drills in the combine. Also apparently Drew Stanton is doing really well in interviews he could work his way up to the early second round to someone like the Browns.

Drew Stanton is going to be a solid NFL qb for years.

I'm no kind of draft or prospect expert but I was watching NFLN earlier and saw the guy threw I think 37 TD's compared to 7 INT's. That's pretty damn impressive.

especially when 24 of those TDs came against teams like army, north carolina, stanford, navy, air force, michigan st, and purdue.

Stronger than Jay Cutler. What does that mean? Time will tell. Right now, not a whole hell of a lot.

It shows that the guy worksout with the big guys! He lifted 225 for 24 excellent reps. It shows a willingness to work hard. I am not a QUINN fan nor do I think that he is that great of a prospect. I didn't feel that way about CUTLER either and so far , what has he really done?

But QUINN defied his agent by lifting at the combine. That says something about his desire, intensity as well as strength. The big guys up front LOVE protecting a guy who lifts with them! QUINN showed that he is not above the crowd and wants to be one of the guys! That attitude will serve him well in the NFL.

I've seen Brady Quinn slip to the Dolphins on many mock drafts. This scares the bejesus out of me.

I don't think the Dolphins FO is smart enough to draft someone like Quinn. The Fins over the last few years have been drafting the way the Jets did in the early 90s. Overhyped crap players.

Rizzock, I'm willing to bet (maybe even gaurantee JaMarcus Russell is going to get drafted by Oakland. That guy has the size, arm strength, and all the other tools. Too much to pass up.

I don't think the Dolphins FO is smart enough to draft someone like Quinn. The Fins over the last few years have been drafting the way the Jets did in the early 90s. Overhyped crap players.

Rizzock, I'm willing to bet (maybe even gaurantee JaMarcus Russell is going to get drafted by Oakland. That guy has the size, arm strength, and all the other tools. Too much to ass up.

Russell will be drafted by Oakland, I think we all know that. After Oakland though it seems no team is leaning towards burning they're pick on a qb, until we start talking the bottom half of the top 10. Which of course leaves the Dolphins who I have to believe without a doubt will take Quinn if he's still available at #9.

my fear as well! I think he is going to be a good to great NFL QB barring injury or bad situation. I hope he gets picked by Detroit or Cleveland. I would hate to see him on the Dolphins or Raiders.

Everyone seems to be hyping J. Russell. Brady Quinn seems like the better bet. J. Russell could be the next Akili Smith. I remember Eagles fans complaining they wanted Akili Smith or Ricky Williams over Donovan McNabb ... booing McNabb and I'm thinking they are nuts ... getting a good athlete and 4 year starter. McNabb has had a pretty good career and the Eagles had been a contender almost every year. Like McNabb, Quinn was starting games since he was a freshman ... McNabb a better athlete ... Quinn more accurate though ... more a Carson Palmer/John Elway type (Quinn can throw on the move and a strong qb) ... quinn probably would be ready to start somewhere pretty quick ... hopefully not Miami.

I was hoping Quinn would come out last season ... and get drafted by us.

I've seen Brady Quinn slip to the Dolphins on many mock drafts. This scares the bejesus out of me.

I think when all is said and done Quinn is going to be a star or years to come.

He can throw and is durable.

He has basically run the New England offense for the past two years and I think will adapt to the pro game alot quicker than Russell will.

If I were the Raiders I would grab one or the other. Knowing Davis though he will probably take Johnson and have no one to get him the football.

• 5 months later...

Rizzock, I'm willing to bet (maybe even gaurantee JaMarcus Russell is going to get drafted by Oakland. That guy has the size, arm strength, and all the other tools. Too much to pass up.

Excellent post by Mav.

Hey Mav, mega millions is tonight, wanna pick some numbers for me.;)

Stronger than Jay Cutler. What does that mean? Time will tell. Right now, not a whole hell of a lot.

I worry about someone who is too "built", but it worked for Wayne.

Either way, the Dolphins are going to look like bigger idiots over time.

Hopefully they will sit Brady this year and part of next.

BZ

Anyway, watch video of Quinn benching, he does not do one single complete down to chest and press up and lock arms bench press. He will have a worse career than Tim Couch did, Romeo will get fired and go down to NCAA and the next thing next year will be if Bill Cowher is going to become their coach, and the 1st pick will go to the Cowboys who will select either Jake Long or Darren McFadden, bank on it.

Archived