BRETT FAVRE A New York Jet

Just got back from Italy last night and due to jetlag woke up a few minutes ago with my wife looking at her Jets texts and she says "Brett Favre is a Jet?" I was shocked, very strange feeling to come home to. Unfortunately I'm not really excited about this move, don't know why. Maybe it's because I have been conditioned to expect the worst.

Hopefully Brett can change that for at least a couple of years.

I just woke up for work,and this is the first news i heard.Wow! as much as i didn`t want to give anything up for him i can`t honestly say i have butterflies in my tummy,and tears in my eyes. Here is to a 10+ win season!!!:cheers:

Bold move by the Front Office and ownership. Got to give them a ton of credit in getting this deal done.

I cant really say whether Im happy or not over this trade. Is Favre a better option than Chad or Kellen right now? Yes.

Will he be back for more than one season? Doubt it. He's a rent-a-player.

The Jets have a very long way to go in just a months time. We have a difficult start to the season and Brett and the Jets need to hit the ground running right now. I'd be a lot happier if we had made this deal 2 weeks ago. Its a tough hill to climb and wont be easy.

So, Im not going to be ghost and post woohoo's and answer my own posts. As a Jets fan Im forced to look at the other shoe dropping. I expect the worst, and the worst might still happen. Are we improved? Yes. Are we super bowl contenders? Just one of many in the AFC. We're not the best in the AFC. We're not the best in our division. But we need to make the playoffs and strange things can happen there.

I hope we have a good season. I hope we are still talking about Brett the Jet come January. But I have this sinking feeling we wont be.

Saw it late last night, very shocked. I was one of the haters on Favre playing for the Jets, that said, Welcome Brett Favre, lets see if you makes us a better team.

I did not think it would happen...did not really want it to happen...I do not think Favre has that much left...but now that it has...JET ! JETS ! JETS!....just win !

If he doesn't it only cost us a 4th.

Or gets us to the playoffs then its a 1st? Or is it 80% of snaps during the season? Nvrmnd saw this

According to the NFL Network, if Favre takes 50 percent of total snaps with the Jets in 2008, the fourth-rounder becomes a third-round pick. If he gets 70 percent of the snaps and the Jets make the playoffs, it becomes a second-round pick; and if he gets 80 percent of snaps and the Jets make the Super Bowl, it becomes a first-round pick.
Edited by rillo

yay... we got an old QB who needs to be developed... those of you delusional enough to believe this instantly puts us in a SB need to reconnect with reality... ehh... enjoy yourselves tonight... i really hope i'm not the one saying "i told you so" at the end of the season because i won't pull a single punch.

Exactly,he could be very average this year. I dont like this,we had a deep ball qb in Kellen who actually knows the playbook now.

Gentlemen, I have been a Jet fan since day one. I don't think anyone on here has

been a fan that long.

But I have to say that this off season has been the most exciting I have ever

witnessed and that includes the Namath signing.

I picked up the paper about 6:30 this morning saw the headline and gave out a

Holy Sh+t. I have 6 dogs and all of them started barking. EVen the horses started

runnning in the pastures.

This will be some season. Hopefully it will lead to you know what.

GOD IS GOOD :cheers:

I fell asleep last night waiting to see what would happen to Brett, I wake up , I'm on my way to work and LiLmickmantle pulls up next to me doing like 80mph screaming out of his window with his four fingers up yelling Brett Baby We got Brett!!!

Then I start yelling back Yeah Baby Brett the Jet. It is a Great Morning in our office today.:D

p.s. Bye Chad (sorry ecurb)

Gentlemen, I have been a Jet fan since day one. I don't think anyone on here has

been a fan that long.

But I have to say that this off season has been the most exciting I have ever

witnessed and that includes the Namath signing.

I picked up the paper about 6:30 this morning saw the headline and gave out a

Holy Sh+t. I have 6 dogs and all of them started barking. EVen the horses started

runnning in the pastures.

This will be some season. Hopefully it will lead to you know what.

I am happy for you

Hell, I'm happy for me:cheers:

Congrats Jets fans!

You guys certianly got a hell of a QB but don't forget the other aspect Brett Brings to the table.

Awesome on the field leadership... You guys see him pick up his receivers over his head... MAke the huddle fun. He brings the whole team up a notch don't doubt it.

I am not even a jets fan but as a fan of the game I can not help but be excitedfor you guys, When I can not watch the Rams you can bet I will be watching The Jetts with Farve racking up some AFC teams!

GRATS!!!

Edited by Reading Ram
  • Upvote 1

Yesterday I couldn't watch enough sports or listen to enough to find out a nugget of news that would be Favre going to the Jets. I went to bed listening to the Ferrall show on Sirius and they said the Jets had the better deal but the Bucs seemed likely. That just didn't make sense to me. I wake this morning, put on the telly, and I'm just BASKING in this right now. Love it!

Btw, is it too early for a beer!?

Yesterday I couldn't watch enough sports or listen to enough to find out a nugget of news that would be Favre going to the Jets. I went to bed listening to the Ferrall show on Sirius and they said the Jets had the better deal but the Bucs seemed likely. That just didn't make sense to me. I wake this morning, put on the telly, and I'm just BASKING in this right now. Love it!

Btw, is it too early for a beer!?

If I were you I would certianly be drinking one!

Congrats Jets fans!

You guys certianly got a hell of a QB but don't forget the other aspect Brett Brings to the table.

Awesome on the field leadership... You guys see him pick up his receivers over his head... MAke the huddle fun. He brings the whole team up a notch don't doubt it.

I am not even a jets fan but as a fan of the game I can not help but be excitedfor you guys, When I can not watch the Rams you can bet I will be watching The Jetts with Farve racking up some AFC teams!

GRATS!!!

Thank you. Good luck to you guys.