ATTENTION BABIES (aka Jets fans with no spine)

CobraVerde

I'm not one to call people out but come on. SERIOUSLY. Its been 2 games and you are already gonna throw in the towel?? This team needs your support not your gutless reactions & speculations. Sure i'm not gonna lie i get frustrated at times and criticize this team (looking back now i think my fire Sutton thread was my frustration getting the best of me which is wrong). But at the end of the day loss or win i got this teams back. I was confident we would win and so what if we didn't? The only thing this means is that when we go to New England it's a MUST WIN. This team will pull it together. We are better than we were last year, there is no doubt about that. I can't stand all these peeps making threads crying about season over and we have no chance. If you want to be a whiner follow Chad to Miami. You'll have plenty to whine about there.

STOP THIS OLD JET FAN METALITY THAT THE WORLD IS AGAINST US. LETS FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX THIS TEAM INSTEAD OF TEARING IT DOWN.

If the fans improve their morale so will the team.

FIGHT ON. Now we'll see what not only this team is made of but also what its fans are made of.

:box:

I'm not one to call people out but come on. SERIOUSLY. Its been 2 games and you are already gonna throw in the towel?? This team needs your support not your gutless reactions & speculations. Sure i'm not gonna lie i get frustrated at times and criticize this team (looking back now i think my fire Sutton thread was my frustration getting the best of me which is wrong). But at the end of the day loss or win i got this teams back. I was confident we would win and so what if we didn't? The only thing this means is that when we go to New England it's a MUST WIN. This team will pull it together. We are better than we were last year, there is no doubt about that. I can't stand all these peeps making threads crying about season over and we have no chance. If you want to be a whiner follow Chad to Miami. You'll have plenty to whine about there.

STOP THIS OLD JET FAN METALITY THAT THE WORLD IS AGAINST US. LETS FIGURE OUT HOW TO FIX THIS TEAM INSTEAD OF TEARING IT DOWN.

FIGHT ON. Now we'll see what not only this team is made of but also what its fans are made of.

Excellent post!

Great thread !! Needed to be said. Some of these "fans" are sickening.

Yesterday was a terribly coached game. Mangini and Co coached like a bunch of tightasses. The one good thing to come out of it, in my opinion, was that we showed that we are a lot more physical than last year. With our schedule, if the coaches loosen the reins, we can get to the playoffs. We may even improve as a team as the year goes on. How far we would go in the playoffs is another question. I have been killing Schottenheimer for two years but I have never expressed doubts about Mangini until now. He coaches scared.

I agree, i Posted on JA did everybody get everything off there chest last night, its a new day new beginings. I said some things too out of frustration. Maybe i shouldnt of said Mangini got schooled I should of said Mangini got outcoached instead. He's our coach and we have to support him like we supported Herm lol.

Great post! I still think the game was more important for Pats psyche than ours. They circled the wagons, kept the game in the hands of their defense and won. My hats off to them. Their defense sent a message that Brady was not the only reason they were the AFC Champions last year. Now, its our turn to re-group and find a way to defeat the Chargers on Monday night.

So we should be happy that Mangini is still scared of BB? We should be happy that Mangini didnt even coach as good as Herm Edwards?

Sorry I will update my sig and everything later, I had no idea I was supposed to be happy about this stuff!

I guess I'm one of the few people here who didn't freak out about us losing that game. The reason is that I expected the game to be difficult all along.

Football is a team sport. Brady, as good as he is, is just ONE player. He doesn't play defense. He doesn't play special teams. And with a decent line, great WR's and pretty good RB's Cassel doesn't need to do that much. Then there's the fact that the Pats played their hearts out to prove that they can still do it.

The Pats will be a good team this year. Just not a great one.

And we? We'll with all the new players it's going to take some time before they are all in sync. I expect our next meeting with the Pats to go better, despite it being away.

While your post is mostly correct. It's not about the loss...

Most people had us losing this game before the Brady injury, and still having a successful season. You're right, on paper, this is a 1-1 team, with a tough schedule to start, but who can really take off after the bye week if we sit 2-2.

But, it's about how we lost.

On paper, we were the better team. Their secondary is mediocre at best, the linebackers are mediocre at best, and while their defensive line is very good, we should have had more success on offense.

However, we played Herm Edwards Football, we played Chad Pennington Football, and we played what I fear is becoming Eric Mangini Football... and that's scared, unimaginative, and nearly incompetent on the offensive side of the ball. There was no effort to exploit the Patriots weakness, there was no effort to go for the kill, all-in-all, there was no HEART.

And what's worse, this particular 'strategy', or lack there of, played right into the hands of the Patriots strategy, that was, make no mistakes, take no chances, just eat clock and kick field goals, essentially, hide Matt Cassell. We let them do that by not EVER putting the pressure on, by not EVER taking him out of his comfort zone of having a small lead. And, did anyone here not see this strategy coming?

We also lost this game in part due to special teams, the missed FG's hurt, but what was worse was our gimmick punter... In a game where the other team isn't going to take a single risk, you can't give them easy field position with your booming 20 yarders... (But hey, they had reverse spin)

How about lack of discipline? Did we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties or what?

I'm sorry, but we lost this game not with the talent on the field, but the ineptitude on the sidelines, and that's something people are not going to be very happy about. This may not be the early favorite to be the POTW like yours, but don't begrudge people for being upset with this team went out there and beat itself in embarrassing fashion.

Well said my friend. I was at the game. Jet fans should be ashamed of how quiet the stadium was. How can we expect our team to play with intensity if there is no crowd energy? I don't know what the problem is, but our home crowd sucks. Yesterday, on a 3rd and 2 I was standing up and screaming Someone behind me (not a Pats fan) told me to sit because they couldn't see. I mean... what the hell is that? :confused0082:

I know it ain't easy being a Jet fan, but we all knew that going in. Too many Jet fans are too quick to give up on this team and its a shame.

For those of you that want to sit comatose in your seats, save your money and watch the game at home! :2c:

::GoJets:

While your post is mostly correct. It's not about the loss...

Most people had us losing this game before the Brady injury, and still having a successful season. You're right, on paper, this is a 1-1 team, with a tough schedule to start, but who can really take off after the bye week if we sit 2-2.

But, it's about how we lost.

On paper, we were the better team. Their secondary is mediocre at best, the linebackers are mediocre at best, and while their defensive line is very good, we should have had more success on offense.

However, we played Herm Edwards Football, we played Chad Pennington Football, and we played what I fear is becoming Eric Mangini Football... and that's scared, unimaginative, and nearly incompetent on the offensive side of the ball. There was no effort to exploit the Patriots weakness, there was no effort to go for the kill, all-in-all, there was no HEART.

And what's worse, this particular 'strategy', or lack there of, played right into the hands of the Patriots strategy, that was, make no mistakes, take no chances, just eat clock and kick field goals, essentially, hide Matt Cassell. We let them do that by not EVER putting the pressure on, by not EVER taking him out of his comfort zone of having a small lead. And, did anyone here not see this strategy coming?

We also lost this game in part due to special teams, the missed FG's hurt, but what was worse was our gimmick punter... In a game where the other team isn't going to take a single risk, you can't give them easy field position with your booming 20 yarders... (But hey, they had reverse spin)

How about lack of discipline? Did we shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties or what?

I'm sorry, but we lost this game not with the talent on the field, but the ineptitude on the sidelines, and that's something people are not going to be very happy about. This may not be the early favorite to be the POTW like yours, but don't begrudge people for being upset with this team went out there and beat itself in embarrassing fashion.

I agree 100% with the herm post and the penalties post. we ran it 3 times from the 3. how about play action to bubba ? the 15 yarder on pace basically ended the game

I disagree 100 % with the pressure post, you can't blitz every play, we hit cassel and sacked him enough

I agree 100% with the herm post and the penalties post. we ran it 3 times from the 3. how about play action to bubba ? the 15 yarder on pace basically ended the game

I disagree 100 % with the pressure post, you can't blitz every play, we hit cassel and sacked him enough

I didn't mean pressure as in, QB pressure. You're rarely going to accomplish much in that dept. when you have a guy doing little more than 3 step drop and throw a screen.

I meant, pressure as in, do something on the other side of the ball, so he can't just dink and dunk into FG range, which was their entire offensive gameplan. In other words, for the Pats to have won the game, the Jets should have MADE CASSELL BEAT THEM. They did not, they allowed themselves to lose a war of attrition, that falls on the coaching, and is inexcusible.

Great thread !! Needed to be said. Some of these "fans" are sickening.

Agreed.

So we should be happy that Mangini is still scared of BB? We should be happy that Mangini didnt even coach as good as Herm Edwards?

Sorry I will update my sig and everything later, I had no idea I was supposed to be happy about this stuff!

Case in point.

I didn't mean pressure as in, QB pressure. You're rarely going to accomplish much in that dept. when you have a guy doing little more than 3 step drop and throw a screen.

I meant, pressure as in, do something on the other side of the ball, so he can't just dink and dunk into FG range, which was their entire offensive gameplan. In other words, for the Pats to have won the game, the Jets should have MADE CASSELL BEAT THEM. They did not, they allowed themselves to lose a war of attrition, that falls on the coaching, and is inexcusible.

I agree with that as well then

watching winning programs, they keep the pedal to the metal until they risk running up the score

mangina waits until he's two scores down

Keep your signature until they display some real onions. Personally, I think the players played all right, except for the penalties. They were very physical. You could single out Feely or Graham or maybe one or two others. But they played tough. The problem was the plan. The coaches are the ones who had their pants pulled down.

very easy to fix the jets game, first get a coach with some balls and open it up. second find a kicker that can ummm. actually kick. put a wr in there that isn't in love with the old qb. that is all.

Please.

They beat the 1-15 Fins with 2 goal line stands in the 4th quarter and a 4th down Hail Mary. Then they come out and play with no heart and no plan and make a guy who hadn't started since high school look like Joe Montana. And you expect me to be positive and think this is still a playoff team? Sorry, I'm not drinking that Kool-Aid.

You want crowd noise? So do I. How about them doing something on the field that gets the crowd hyped up? Sorry, but I'm not going crazy over a field goal after 1st and goal on the 3. How about getting some playmakers that actually scare someone on the other team? That might generate some excitement. How about getting a stop in the 4th quarter once or choking the living crap out of someone in the second half? If they are depending on the crowd to fire them up, then there are much more serious problems here.

How about getting some sack and going out and trying to TAKE the game instead of waiting for the other team to screw up? I'm tired of 3 man pass rushes that give the other guy 6 years to find someone. Funny, when the Jets got the ball the last time, the Pats didn't sit back with a 3 man rush. They were sending the house.

Do you actually think that the Jets have a chance against San Diego next week after what happened to them in Denver this week? They are going to be pissed and they are be going full speed right from the start. I never see that type of emotion from the Jets.

I've sat here and watched this type of game for what seems like forever. It's been 40 years of Groundhog Day for me, and I'm sure a lot of others. I'm not ready to can anyone yet (although I have to admit, I wouldn't be shedding too many tears if that happened), but if this doesn't get any better soon, someone has to go.

Everyone reaches their breaking point eventually and I'm d*mn close to mine after this latest letdown.

Please.

They beat the 1-15 Fins with 2 goal line stands in the 4th quarter and a 4th down Hail Mary. Then they come out and play with no heart and no plan and make a guy who hadn't started since high school look like Joe Montana. And you expect me to be positive and think this is still a playoff team? Sorry, I'm not drinking that Kool-Aid.

You want crowd noise? So do I. How about them doing something on the field that gets the crowd hyped up? Sorry, but I'm not going crazy over a field goal after 1st and goal on the 3. How about getting some playmakers that actually scare someone on the other team? That might generate some excitement. How about getting a stop in the 4th quarter once or choking the living crap out of someone in the second half? If they are depending on the crowd to fire them up, then there are much more serious problems here.

How about getting some sack and going out and trying to TAKE the game instead of waiting for the other team to screw up? I'm tired of 3 man pass rushes that give the other guy 6 years to find someone. Funny, when the Jets got the ball the last time, the Pats didn't sit back with a 3 man rush. They were sending the house.

Do you actually think that the Jets have a chance against San Diego next week after what happened to them in Denver this week? They are going to be pissed and they are be going full speed right from the start. I never see that type of emotion from the Jets.

I've sat here and watched this type of game for what seems like forever. It's been 40 years of Groundhog Day for me, and I'm sure a lot of others. I'm not ready to can anyone yet (although I have to admit, I wouldn't be shedding too many tears if that happened), but if this doesn't get any better soon, someone has to go.

Everyone reaches their breaking point eventually and I'm d*mn close to mine after this latest letdown.

I think the Jets have a chance against anybody on any given sunday. We played a still functioning still top teer Pats team (Brady or no) I agree that we shouldve pressured Cassel way more, especially after he got hurt.

Im not like you, i dont need a reason to get off my chair and be gung ho. Even if we were being blown out ill still get on my feet and try and hype this team. Thats what they want. They want to be assured that they still have the fans backing them up. Why wait for something good to happen? The colts dont have that problem. Every down on defense that crowd is on its feet. Heck even Miami fans are louder. Thats the kind of stuff on talking about when i speak of Old Jet Fan Mentality. You need to break away from that, 40 years or not. Forget the past cause there is nothing you can do about it. Think about this team right here right now.

True Jet fans have no breaking point which you have already proven with your 40 year resume.

We have great players and coaches that will bring this thing together. and when it does everyone is gonna be changing their tune. Just dont change your tune after every game, thats what i cant stand about some people here. I dont mind griping about bad plays, players, or play calling, just have a reason and facts to back it up, NOT snap judgment...

And you can't drink the Kool-Aid if you don't have the mix...;)

Agree 100%. Jets were not aggressive enough on defense. They sat back and let Cassell play his game. Completely falls on the coaching staff, no doubt.

They played the same game as if Brady was still the QB.

How on earth do you give Matt FREAKIN Cassell easy money with the short passing game? Unreal.

Agree 100%. Jets were not aggressive enough on defense. They sat back and let Cassell play his game. Completely falls on the coaching staff, no doubt.

They played the same game as if Brady was still the QB.

How on earth do you give Matt FREAKIN Cassell easy money with the short passing game? Unreal.

Two weeks this has happened, we've played against QB's who don't throw the ball downfield. You saw Cassell when he missed a wide open Moss, he struggles with passes over 7 yards or so, yet we made him look so good. It really shouldn't be hard to force him to throw it downfield, there were times were we looked to be getting more agressive (The 2nd quarter stood out) but then we seemed to back off again. I really don't see what backong off of a young QB accomplishes, we did the same vs Trent Edwards last season. Simply inexcusable, We should have been aggresive from start to finish IMO, the D we have now is more than talented enough to get to the QB consistently.

I understand most people are upset that we lost but come on. Its only the second game of the season and we are still in this thing. What happens if we go to San diego and beat them? ARe all the nay sayers going to start praising the coaches, the players etc etc? We need to relax.......I think its even more ridicolous how some people want mangini's head on a platter..Do you think it will get better if we changed coaches now??? It could be worse and we could end up being last so why the change. I believe people were thinking for sure we would get a win against the pats and were let down....

Just have faith guys and gals!!

When does it get freaking better? I could go through the litany of suckiness form Sunday. But there's plenty of those threads already.

Caling it whining; call it what ever. When do we ever get that day in ths sun? They go out and sign a sh!tlaod of FAs and pay Brett Favre $12 million(to handoff like he's some incompetent weak-armed sissy, apparently), and then collectively shat the bed again.

Yeah, I'm gonna watch every game and root my head off. But Sunday totally sucked again. It's like being Charlie Brown with Lucy yanking the football away, every time, every season.

Until PROVEN otherwise, yes, it is same old Jets, no matter how much everyone wants to wish otherwise.

Rant over.

I agree with Bugg. this thread sucks. Attention jerks it's 2008 let them piss on your back and tell you it's rain. Eat crap and like it.

Ya know what I spent alot of money and time to go out to that concrete thunderdome and suffer the heat... and I know im not the only one. the least the Jets can do is sort their s--t out... this isn't a rivalry it's a scheduled asskicking every year.

Why wait for something good to happen? The colts dont have that problem. Every down on defense that crowd is on its feet. Heck even Miami fans are louder. Thats the kind of stuff on talking about when i speak of Old Jet Fan Mentality. You need to break away from that, 40 years or not. Forget the past cause there is nothing you can do about it. Think about this team right here right now.

True Jet fans have no breaking point which you have already proven with your 40 year resume.

Cobra, I respect your opinion, but I must disagree.

The Colt fans yell because they have Peyton Manning, have many gamebreakers, and have had memorable comebacks many times. Also, they have won a Super Bowl in recent memory.

After a long line of Jet chokes (the last comeback I remember was at Tampa in the Keyshawn game), you can't expect many Jet fans not to expect the worst. Most long-time fans are now in the "show-me" category because we've seen all this before. As I told someone once, "no lead in the NFL is safe... especially if it belongs to the Jets" ;)

I admit I was distraught yesterday. I actually took all the Jets stuff on my desk and threw it in my trashcan in the morning.. but by 2pm I was fishing it out again. But I didn't feel that we were impressive even in the Miami game, and I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see much difference in the offense so far. Defense, I will admit, has more talent. But if we keep playing not to lose, and playing the same schemes as before, does it really matter?

Not that this is an excuse, but when you're out of town and live in another team's territory (for me, the Bills), and you have to hear how much your team sucks from everyone and his cousin, it's a LOT harder to take, believe me. Like I've said, I've hung in there since the Jets were the Titans, and it gets more frustrating than you can believe at times.

If they turn it around, I'll be the first to come in here and say I was wrong. I would love to have to do that. But they have to show me SOMETHING to give me hope, that's all. I can't go on blind faith any more.

I agree with Bugg. this thread sucks. Attention jerks it's 2008 let them piss on your back and tell you it's rain. Eat crap and like it.

Ya know what I spent alot of money and time to go out to that concrete thunderdome and suffer the heat... and I know im not the only one. the least the Jets can do is sort their s--t out... this isn't a rivalry it's a scheduled asskicking every year.

POTW!!!!!!!!

Archived