Late Nite Crew thread

Smizzy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EY played a very good game. Don't forget about his post in the politics forum before those PMs, antagonizing Ham and begging for him to ban him. He put Ham in a corner, and left him no choice but to look stupid. EY is very smart, he set this whole thing up to come off as a victim. He was always so good in those JI Mafia games.

I am in no way defending Ham, and that his personal attacks weren't outrageous. But it could have easily been avoided.

And, if those PMs weren't sent, I would have been here on my own. And ok with it.

I appreciate the compliments, backhanded as they may be, but nothing I could have concocted would have had any real affect had there not been many issues before, a few after, and ultimately, 3 PMs with no responses from me in between, and then one more.

And, if those PMs weren't sent, I would have been here on my own. And ok with it.

I appreciate the compliments, backhanded as they may be, but nothing I could have concocted would have had any real affect had there not been many issues before, a few after, and ultimately, 3 PMs with no responses from me in between, and then one more.

Wait. One more? I just saw the three. Ship.

Paulie- I'm not defending EY, he's more then capable of doing that. But like you mentioned The TX stuff, the Pennington stuff, then all this Hammer stuff, it all reeks of Sooth taking care of his agenda and that always irked me. I know I'm not a legend like yourself over there but I tried making quality posts, and truthfully the environment became so toxic people cared more about the stupid posts and petty arguments that it became intolerable IMO. Seeing Klecks thread was the last reason I needed.

Sometimes it's more then just the egos bro, for me it's about the principal of the matter which is you have a site run by a "brotherhood" of internet ego's, and the dictate who has free reign and who doesn't.

I respect you, always have and I hope that perhaps you will split your time, if not I do hope they make you a mod and you can conduct yourself in a fashion that is outside of some of the others over there.

The only counter-argument I'll provide, and I'm not defending anyone specifically because there seems to be a ton of blame to go around - If the defense of certain posters, mods, free VIPs, etc. was being done to protect site traffic then I don't think one or two people would have been protected at the expense of losing several posters with astronomical post counts. Many of the people "defecting" to JN are the most active people at JI and big drivers of site traffic and conversation there. If JI "administration" was really doing this for site traffic reasons then I think it would have been handled differently.

If, however, the point is that JI is not truly an objectively run business per se, then didn't we all kinda know that? I knew it was essentially a hobby or pet project that became a big business but still not really run like a public company with shareholders. With the exception of one or two people who were directly and specifically "wronged" by mods or site administration over there I don't understand the idea of packing up and leaving to go someplace else. It seems a little over dramatic but that's just me. Again, certain people have very, very valid reasons for never wanting to go back there. But some people not only followed over to here but are also saying "I'm never going back" just seem to be making internetz drama. As I've said before, I've never had a problem over there....maybe I'm too much like Switzerland....so I have no problem participating in both places. I think you can enjoy Coke AND Pepsi.

The only counter-argument I'll provide, and I'm not defending anyone specifically because there seems to be a ton of blame to go around - If the defense of certain posters, mods, free VIPs, etc. was being done to protect site traffic then I don't think one or two people would have been protected at the expense of losing several posters with astronomical post counts. Many of the people "defecting" to JN are the most active people at JI and big drivers of site traffic and conversation there. If JI "administration" was really doing this for site traffic reasons then I think it would have been handled differently.

If, however, the point is that JI is not truly an objectively run business per se, then didn't we all kinda know that? I knew it was essentially a hobby or pet project that became a big business but still not really run like a public company with shareholders. With the exception of one or two people who were directly and specifically "wronged" by mods or site administration over there I don't understand the idea of packing up and leaving to go someplace else. It seems a little over dramatic but that's just me. Again, certain people have very, very valid reasons for never wanting to go back there. But some people not only followed over to here but are also saying "I'm never going back" just seem to be making internetz drama. As I've said before, I've never had a problem over there....maybe I'm too much like Switzerland....so I have no problem participating in both places. I think you can enjoy Coke AND Pepsi.

Well, I see your point and don't disagree. As for me this is a matter of personal decisions as it irked me to no end the things that were going on. To some it matters, to others it doesn't. We are free to make our own decisions, for me it was a lot to do with some of the events and the politics board.

Well, I see your point and don't disagree. As for me this is a matter of personal decisions as it irked me to no end the things that were going on. To some it matters, to others it doesn't. We are free to make our own decisions, for me it was a lot to do with some of the events and the politics board.

I completely understand and respect that. As much as I don't want to see people being criticized for deciding to leave JI, I also don't want people saying, "How could you stay there?" As you stated, everyone can make his/her own decisions.

Hopefully, this all settles down in the coming weeks and "new normal" takes hold.

Whatever dude, I honestly don't even know what your problem is at this point. I went directly to the site owner and spoke up for you more than once. If you'd like to take a few potshots at me because of that (which makes no sense), have at it, because I honestly don't care enough. In the meantime, I dropped in to say hi to a few people and that's that. I have no desire to get caught up in any of this.

Later folks.

No problem. No potshots. You need JI to get read so there was only one way you were ever gonna go on this. It's totally reasonable and I don't blame you at all.

I completely understand and respect that. As much as I don't want to see people being criticized for deciding to leave JI, I also don't want people saying, "How could you stay there?" As you stated, everyone can make his/her own decisions.

Hopefully, this all settles down in the coming weeks and "new normal" takes hold.

I think what you are seeing is some pent up dissatisfaction. A lot of people may have been ready to leave, but didn't want to leave behind the posters they enjoy interacting with. Once the posters started leaving, the flood gates opened. I think many were loyal to the community, not so much the owner.

Is JI really the JI you enjoy without all it's posters?

That's my 2 cents..I also don't think many have sworn off the other site, just are now going to split time..

Archived