How did everyone become a Jets fan

afosomf

My uncle and father, due to the fact my name was Joseph William (and it was that way partly because of JWN), bought me a ton of Jets and Namath gear and it was all over from there. Got season tickets and starting attending home games at the age of seven, and then it went from being a fan to being an addict.

i will go first

I was a bama fan and my idol was JWN, this coincided with family

moving from Haverhill M******* to Eastern LI

I quickly became a Mets and Jets fan

Gawd i could have been a Soxs fan growing up, not so sure about pats lol

A good friend of mines father was Big Tennesee fan but for some reason he loved Namath as well. So in turn he also loved the Jets. My dad was a huge Giants fan til the day he died but for some reason I fell in love with the green and white. A love hate releationship to say the least.

I was born on LI in '87 and didn't have a preference over Jets or Giants for the first 10 years of my life. Didn't care much about football in general when I was that young. But when I was 10, my family and I went on a vacation to FL. My older brother had brought his friend with us, and his friend had a VHS of the '97 Jets Yearbook. We watched it in my parents huge conversion Van on the way to FL, and the rest was misery.

When I was 5 or 6 a family friend got me a JETS jacket and told me I didnt have to wear it to school if I was embarrassed by it... I said screw it and wore that thing everyday... they were a HUGE JETS fan...

Should I be mad at them?

JWN's prediction and the Jets SuperBowl victory did it for me but it was hard to follow them out of state with no internet/ESPN/NFL Network. Then I got transfered out east and that cemented it. Especially when it seemed like every person I met was a Giants fan. I should have listened to them. Nah.

JWN's prediction and the Jets SuperBowl victory did it for me but it was hard to follow them out of state with no internet/ESPN/NFL Network. Then I got transfered out east and that cemented it. Especially when it seemed like every person I met was a Giants fan. I should have listened to them. Nah.

NJ you must be the only person here who understands my pain of being a Bulls and JETS fan right now... lol

In the past however at least the Bulls have given us much pleasure... Thank you MJ!

I played a lot of sports when I was in elementary school. My father didn't follow any professional sports. When I hit high school, I felt out of the loop so I decided when I was 15 that I was going to pick a football team and stick with them.

One of my uncles was/is a huge Giants fan but he had 2 sons that were also with big gay blue. My other uncle was younger and didn't have any children yet and was/is a diehard Jet fan. So I decided to even the family up a little bit.

Btw the time of that decision was August 1998. I didn't really even know who Bill Parcells was. That season felt like magic and I was so happy at the time that I had made the correct decision. :bag:

I actually remember watching my first football game from start to finish. It was that heartbreaker in San Fran (oh the irony) where Garrison Hearst cracked off a 99 yard run in OT to win.

I played a lot of sports when I was in elementary school. My father didn't follow any professional sports. When I hit high school, I felt out of the loop so I decided when I was 15 that I was going to pick a football team and stick with them.

One of my uncles was/is a huge Giants fan but he had 2 sons that were also with big gay blue. My other uncle was younger and didn't have any children yet and was/is a diehard Jet fan. So I decided to even the family up a little bit.

Btw the time of that decision was August 1998. I didn't really even know who Bill Parcells was. That season felt like magic and I was so happy at the time that I had made the correct decision. :bag:

I actually remember watching my first football game from start to finish. It was that heartbreaker in San Fran (oh the irony) where Garrison Hearst cracked off a 99 yard run in OT to win.

I decided to commit to the Jets just before the 98 season as well. Lucky me:face: Good enough to suck me in for the rest of my life that year. With the exception of winning the division after that its been pretty miserable thus far.

I decided to commit to the Jets just before the 98 season as well. Lucky me:face: Good enough to suck me in for the rest of my life that year. With the exception of winning the division after that its been pretty miserable thus far.

I'm sure there are at least a few guys here who started rooting for the Jets in the early 70's that would like to punch you in the face...

My Uncle was a stud QB all through high school than played college and pro-baseball. He attended Broadway Joe's football camps all through school and had countless pictures of the two of them on his wall and in my moms house(where i grew up). When I was about 8 my Uncle brought me to meet him and really just ever since that day I considered myself a jets fan. I didn't start watching all of the games until a few years later, but growing up in a family that is all Giants fans, who despised the COwboys..grandpa called them president killers... I always thought it was funny I was the only Jets fan. Now I don't find it funny so much as I do annoying.

Archived