Brad Smith or Leon Washington

JonEJet

So you have a choice....Leon or Brad

Tough choice really, because essentially for THIS team they are the same player. Before Leon got hurt last year, Leon was our Wildcat guy. Granted he got carries in regular formations, but he was never really a factor back there with Jones and Greene starting to get his carries. Obviously Leon was our PR/KR and he was great in that regard, BUT no TD's year to date.

Step in Brad Smith. Out backup WR not getting too much playing time. Goes in a KR and is pretty dynamic, takes one to the house. Gets time in the Wildcat, and BOOM, he's a REAL game changer. Throws a beautiful pass to Cotch in the AFC Championship game (something Leon couldn't do)

So you're the Jets F/O and you can't pay everyone. Knowing that Brad has filled in for Leon and actually enhanced the offense with his Wildcat play, who do you choose. Obviously the Jets chose Brad Smith, who would you choose.

I know who I would choose

SmithWildcat.jpg

Tough choice really, because essentially for THIS team they are the same player. Before Leon got hurt last year, Leon was our Wildcat guy. Granted he got carries in regular formations, but he was never really a factor back there with Jones and Greene starting to get his carries. Obviously Leon was our PR/KR and he was great in that regard, BUT no TD's year to date.

Step in Brad Smith. Out backup WR not getting too much playing time. Goes in a KR and is pretty dynamic, takes one to the house. Gets time in the Wildcat, and BOOM, he's a REAL game changer. Throws a beautiful pass to Cotch in the AFC Championship game (something Leon couldn't do)

So you're the Jets F/O and you can't pay everyone. Knowing that Brad has filled in for Leon and actually enhanced the offense with his Wildcat play, who do you choose. Obviously the Jets chose Brad Smith, who would you choose.

SmithWildcat.jpg

Smith is more versatile

Smith is quickly becoming one of the more underrated players in the NFL.

He's becoming so valuable to this team its scary. His ability to throw is the x-factor for me. Moving forward, the Wildcat/Tiger, whatever the hell you want to call it, doesn't work unless you have a guy back there who is a threat to throw the ball. Leon may be more explosive but Brad Smith's versatility makes him more useful.

Sunday night was a prime example of this. The Jets were much more effective in these formations because the Dolphins had to respect Brad Smith's ability to throw a pass. The Jets know Ronnie Brown can't throw for sh*t so they could key on the run and shut them down easily.

I was saying the same thing last year. Smith is just better in the option than Leon, and just as good on KOR's.

Leon was a great little player for us, but the reality is there isn't anything he does that isn't done by a Jet now just as well or better.

SmithWildcat.jpg

I'll admit, I was completely done with Smith at the beginning of last season and would have been happy if he was released in favor of another WR. Last season was a breakout year for Brad and I opened my mind to just how valuable he is. Not only is he a decent wideout but his versatility on specials, and offense is a true asset and has been a game changer more than once. I LOVED Leon and i'm happy for him, but Brad seems to effect the game every time he touches the ball and is also a good special teams tackler as well.

I go with Brad

So funny how quick Jets fans turn around on players. Smith was everyone's least favorite player on the team that nobody though deserved a roster spot. Now everyone is on his nuts and has surpassed the fan favorite Leon Washington in most people eyes in terms of value.

Guy's a stud, always has been. I'd even like to see him more involved in our passing attack cuz when he touches the ball, he makes plays.

Smith is more valuable because of versatility. He's our best specials teams player (well, Eric Smith might have something to say about that) but still, he's used in ST's more. He's our gunner, our return guy, he's the guy who directs everyone on punts, he's our Wild Cat guy, he's a WR. He does it all. And whenever he gets the ball, he makes plays. He seems to make something out of nothing more times than not.

And that picture the OP posted is ******* awesome!!!

I was saying the same thing last year. Smith is just better in the option than Leon, and just as good on KOR's.

Leon was a great little player for us, but the reality is there isn't anything he does that isn't done by a Jet now just as well or better.

The one thing Leon could do that no other Jet could was catch out of the backfield and potentially make a big play out of it. Once the Jets acquired LT, that made Leon completely expendable. Leon was a very good third down back and a top kick returner (although very mediocre on punts), nothing more. Sure wouldn't be complaining if the Jets still have him, but like you said, there's nothing he did that hasn't been replaced.

So funny how quick Jets fans turn around on players. Smith was everyone's least favorite player on the team that nobody though deserved a roster spot. Now everyone is on his nuts and has surpassed the fan favorite Leon Washington in most people eyes in terms of value.

Be careful with that broad brush you paint everyone with

Guy's a stud, always has been. I'd even like to see him more involved in our passing attack cuz when he touches the ball, he makes plays.

Smith is more valuable because of versatility. He's our best specials teams player (well, Eric Smith might have something to say about that) but still, he's used in ST's more. He's our gunner, our return guy, he's the guy who directs everyone on punts, he's our Wild Cat guy, he's a WR. He does it all. And whenever he gets the ball, he makes plays. He seems to make something out of nothing more times than not.

And that picture the OP posted is ******* awesome!!!

Who are you talking about? I think everyone has always loved Brad Smith. Some of us got annoyed when some suggested that he should be given the starting QB job.

Who are you talking about? I think everyone has always loved Brad Smith. Some of us got annoyed when some suggested that he should be given the starting QB job.

Yes really. I cant count the number of times I heard that the Brad Smith experiment needs to end. It had nothing to do with a QB. He was consistently bashed that because he was turning into a legit WR he didnt warrant a roster spot.

How do you not remember this?

Yes, because if there's one thing Jet fans are known for, it's giving fair and precise evaluations of the players on the roster.

Jets fans are morons.

Leon is one of the best returners in the game. but for me it stops their. Brad Smith has come into his own and is not even close to the returner Washington is, but brings so much to the team. Special teams ace and great change of pace player. When I got married I bought my youngest son a Brad Smith jersey his rookie year. He wore it proudly to school Monday.

I had disagreed with you last yr on this because I think Smith could be upgraded at KOR and still do. But, I agree with the notion that others on the Jets can do what Leon does for the team. Would have liked to see him stay, but Smith is more valuable to the team.

The best thing for Smith was that they stopped with the WR experiment. He pretty much sucks as a pure WR. He's a jack-of-all trades and that is his value to the team. I bet he could probably play DB as well if needed.

I'd have to go Brad Smith. Leon is a much better Kick returner, however, he's only a runningback. Brad is a good kick returner, but he can also play back and has the ability to QB as well so it works in our favor of extending the playbook. Leon couldnt run a wildcat. And though I hate the wildcat we have to admit, every team now has their own little version of it. Smith is our wildcat man. We have Tomlinson to replace what washington would have done as a RB.

Yes really. I cant count the number of times I heard that the Brad Smith experiment needs to end. It had nothing to do with a QB. He was consistently bashed that because he was turning into a legit WR he didnt warrant a roster spot.

How do you not remember this?

Jets fans are morons.

Yup. I remember vividly. He was not good enough to be our fourth receiver and we hated the wildcat "crap" He was a good athlete, but he was eating up a roster spot. Yes, JiF, like it was yesterday. Morons....

Leon is one of the best returners in the game. but for me it stops their. Brad Smith has come into his own and is not even close to the returner Washington is, but brings so much to the team. Special teams ace and great change of pace player. When I got married I bought my youngest son a Brad Smith jersey his rookie year. He wore it proudly to school Monday.

I want a Jersey that says "Crushlove"...so I can wear it proudly every day.

Yup. I remember vividly. He was not good enough to be our fourth receiver and we hated the wildcat "crap" He was a good athlete, but he was eating up a roster spot. Yes, JiF, like it was yesterday. Morons....

Yes, he was a waste of a roster spot for years. Now everyone is on his log.

I want a Jersey that says "Crushlove"...so I can wear it proudly every day.

Yes, he was a waste of a roster spot for years. Now everyone is on his log.

So? You were an afterthought for years and then you mounted the "JiF is the most underrated poster" campaign and now you've got people listing you among their favorite posters.

How is that any different?

So? You were an afterthought for years and then you mounted the "JiF is the most underrated poster" campaign and now you've got people listing you among their favorite posters.

How is that any different?

Every underrated persona has a few educated believers on their bandwagon. I was on Brad Smiths for years and now its the popular thing to do.

True its similar the only difference is, I have some sworn enemies and non-believers still out there. Whereas, B Smith has won the entire JetNation over. I still got some work to do, but I'm never going ghey so people like CTM are going to be hard to convince.

Who the **** is Jif?

This would have been clever, but Klacko ruined it by repping you.

Archived