What will be Mike Francesca's take on things?

MangoJet

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year he correctly predicted Peyton would slice and dice our defense "bing bang boom or whatever". However he also said we couldn't beat "Rivah's".

If you're really that interested, you can find out in about 10 minutes.

Channel 4.

But you can bet he'll bash the Jets as usual.

Last year he correctly predicted Peyton would slice and dice our defense "bing bang boom or whatever". However he also said we couldn't beat "Rivah's".

Really, who cares? Why even bother worrying about some douches negative perspective when the jets get a chance at redemption here. Why some of you keep bringing up this guys name is beyond me. You don't need that idiots recognition to see that this team is special.

Just a guess but hell lead with the Giants and how Coughlin has to stay on board but they need to make some changes specifically to the offensive staff. I think he will focus on the Bears game and say how nobody want to see the Packers in the playoffs. Hell then go onto the Jets and talk about put up or shut up time and how the team has a big mouth and now they get their chance against the QB who exposed the Rex Ryan defense and allowed the whole NFL to go to school on Rexs D and how it was never the same after that. I think he will also rip on the Jets for resting some key starters when most of the NFL did not do that, probably going back to how the Giants SB run was sprung by playing all their guys against the Pats in week 17.

This must be the typical Mets fan mentality I guess. I don't get the Giants hating, or why anybody even cares what Francesa says. some Jets fans were actually rooting for the Patriots in that super bowl against the Giants. there's no team I hate more than the Patriots. and no person I hate more than Robert Kraft.

Guest Jpf4671

This must be the typical Mets fan mentality I guess. I don't get the Giants hating, or why anybody even cares what Francesa says. some Jets fans were actually rooting for the Patriots in that super bowl against the Giants. there's no team I hate more than the Patriots. and no person I hate more than Robert Kraft.

It is a Yankee thing in a way, I find myself hating the giants more because of the fans. The old school giant fan is a great fan that everyone can respect, however, the under 30 new giant fan is the Yankee fan who thinks baseball was invented in 1996. Its those sick spoiled brats that I can't stand, they even brought the " let's go Yankees" chant to giants games. Those sick brats can't understand why the giants aren't in the super bowl every year, they are all frontrunners and don't know anything about football, they just assume since the yanks are great every yr that the giants should be too. They will be screaming and whining on wfan today for a rule change on the playoffs because they don't pay enough attention to know that the giants made it in at 8 and 8 in 2006. The most infuriating part is that these sick spoiled brats will never stick it out through a down time if the giants have one, if we ever have a good 5 yr run or so and the giants are mediocre they will all jump on board.

It is a Yankee thing in a way, I find myself hating the giants more because of the fans. The old school giant fan is a great fan that everyone can respect, however, the under 30 new giant fan is the Yankee fan who thinks baseball was invented in 1996. Its those sick spoiled brats that I can't stand, they even brought the " let's go Yankees" chant to giants games. Those sick brats can't understand why the giants aren't in the super bowl every year, they are all frontrunners and don't know anything about football, they just assume since the yanks are great every yr that the giants should be too. They will be screaming and whining on wfan today for a rule change on the playoffs because they don't pay enough attention to know that the giants made it in at 8 and 8 in 2006. The most infuriating part is that these sick spoiled brats will never stick it out through a down time if the giants have one, if we ever have a good 5 yr run or so and the giants are mediocre they will all jump on board.

Heh heh heh. good point ;) I am spoiled as a Yankee fan lately. but I remember Horace Clarke and Ron Bloomberg..lol. I will say this about the Giants fans though. the Giants really really sucked in the mid 70's and they would sell out Giants stadium/the Yale Bowl the whole season. the Jets on the other hand at the time stunk too. but Shea was an empty dump and home games were blacked out. They had that pr push/fire sale to sell season tickets in the summer of 78. it was on the radio all summer! hahaha! and thats when this loser Jets fan started going to games :lol:

Heh heh heh. good point ;) I am spoiled as a Yankee fan lately. but I remember Horace Clarke and Ron Bloomberg..lol. I will say this about the Giants fans though. the Giants really really sucked in the mid 70's and they would sell out Giants stadium/the Yale Bowl the whole season. the Jets on the other hand at the time stunk too. but Shea was an empty dump and home games were blacked out. They had that pr push/fire sale to sell season tickets in the summer of 78. it was on the radio all summer! hahaha! and thats when this loser Jets fan started going to games :lol:

Yankee and Jets fan? Don't see many of those.

If nothing else, it bothers Blackout.

This officially is the biggest "Who Gives a F___" Thread of 2011.Not to knock anyone from

starting it. Veal Fatcessa's hatred of all things Jets is almost obligatory. The guy is fat,

a know nothing and cannot speak.And for reasons I cannot figure out still has our goat. "Orson Romaine" is apparently a Yankees minor league catcher, not to be confused with Austin Romine.

But the rightful bitching about Hyundai commercials and the relative sexual atractiveness of that hippy singer is more substantive. Has anyone ever gotten a car for Christmas? Bows,cars, trees, snow without plows and road salt. WTF? Can we all get jobs on Madison Avenue? They are pissing money away.

This officially is the biggest "Who Gives a F___" Thread of 2011.Not to knock anyone from

starting it. Veal Fatcessa's hatred of all things Jets is almost obligatory. The guy is fat,

a know nothing and cannot speak.And for reasons I cannot figure out still has our goat. "Orson Romaine" is apparently a Yankees minor league catcher, not to be confused with Austin Romine.

But the rightful bitching about Hyundai commercials and the relative sexual atractiveness of that hippy singer is more substantive. Has anyone ever gotten a car for Christmas? Bows,cars, trees, snow without plows and road salt. WTF? Can we all get jobs on Madison Avenue? They are pissing money away.

If I ever bought a brand new car for my wife as a present - all those tens of thousands of dollars, the exterior color, interior color, choosing to get (or not get) options myself, etc. - without consulting her, she'd punch me in my stupid face. All I'd hear for the next 3 years/36,000 miles is, "Let me guess - you got it in mint green because the guy had it on the lot and knocked off an extra thousand, right? Looks like I'm driving a stick of gum. You blockhead."

If I doubled-down on that by moving all our furniture out and cut a hole in the house so I could surprise her by parking a car in the living room with a red bow on it? Don't ask. My name would require a prefix of "Can no longer make" attached to it after my boys were chopped off.

Francesa opened with the jets by going through how Peyton has torched the Jets (997 yds, 10 td) in the last 3 games, but did not count the regular season one from last year. DID HE NOT PLAY in 60-70% of that game!?!? Ok, so he said that over and over that he's not counting that game, and then said, "Yesterday was meaningless, I didn't watch a single down." I beg to differ on that too. I know it was buffalo, and I know it had a lot of backups involved, but confidence is confidence and I think we found a way to get to the QB a little bit yesterday. Will it work against the colts? Maybe, but probably not, but if the Jets lost and got no pressure on the QB yesterday the game would not have been meaningless in his mind anymore.

To give him a little credit, he did say the Jets have a good chance in this game.

Francesa opened with the jets by going through how Peyton has torched the Jets (997 yds, 10 td) in the last 3 games, but did not count the regular season one from last year. DID HE NOT PLAY in 60-70% of that game!?!? Ok, so he said that over and over that he's not counting that game, and then said, "Yesterday was meaningless, I didn't watch a single down." I beg to differ on that too. I know it was buffalo, and I know it had a lot of backups involved, but confidence is confidence and I think we found a way to get to the QB a little bit yesterday. Will it work against the colts? Maybe, but probably not, but if the Jets lost and got no pressure on the QB yesterday the game would not have been meaningless in his mind anymore.

To give him a little credit, he did say the Jets have a good chance in this game.

Grant you yesterday was not a stiff test. But some backup DB guys played very well. And we will need them Saturday, even if the Colts WR corps has injuries. To dismiss that and the half Manning played vs. the Jets last December makes no sense. He's a all-time great QB, but that goes too far in cherry-picking what details you want to consider. Plus we have Cromartie this year. Our corners are great. The concern is pass rush against an injury-weakend Colts OL, and the Jets safeties and nickels in the middle of the field. And this seems lsot on the fat guy.

Spermie-

Any married guy who spends that much cash on a car without consulting with his wife as a "surprise" is going to get hit in the head with a hard object or 2. Yet we saw commercial after commercial play that nonsense story over and over.

Spermie-

Any married guy who spends that much cash on a car without consulting with his wife as a "surprise" is going to get hit in the head with a hard object or 2. Yet we saw commercial after commercial play that nonsense story over and over.

They had it the other way around also. Forget who it was but they built that giant present box around the car in the driveway for the guy. Mom and daughters picking out - and purchasing - a car for a man. Funny how they never show the scene a of little while later, where the cops are reading the father his Miranda rights.

They had it the other way around also. Forget who it was but they built that giant present box around the car in the driveway for the guy. Mom and daughters picking out - and purchasing - a car for a man. Funny how they never show the scene a of little while later, where the cops are reading the father his Miranda rights.

This is the final straw in commercial realism for you?

Spot on.

I am one also...weird combo. in my office, mostly Giants/Mets fans and I am a Jets/Yankees fan, usually it is mixed the other way.

i'm mets/jets and the wife is yanks/gints... i made her promise to root for the jets in exchange for me not openly rooting for the eagles.

its funny to listen to this guy cut someone off when they try to make a point. If a guy likes Rex, he gets cut off.

I guess I'd get cut off. I know this. We never used to be on the national radar. Now we are, and we were before some of the bad stuff this year. We never went after the big name guys, and now we do. We NEVER ADJUSTED IN GAME, and now we do (on D anyway).

Archived