Some tweets from The Hanger

flgreen

Nope. Revis already got his big contract. He's good to go. He ain't going to hold out because somebody who is arguably better than him is making more. Stop saying that utter garbage.

Did you not hear Revis HIMSELF say that he would consider holding out again in a couple years a day after signing his deal? He is most certainly not "good to go".

If Nnamdi signs for more with the Texans there is a better than 50% chance Revis is holding out next year after he's collected his 18 Mil bonus.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you not hear Revis HIMSELF say that he would consider holding out again in a couple years a day after signing his deal? He is most certainly not "good to go".

If Nnamdi signs for more with the Texans there is a better than 50% chance Revis is holding out next year after he's collected his 18 Mil bonus.

Exactly. There is 0% chance of him holding out this year because of that bonus, but after this year all bets are off once again.

Twitter is insufferable right now. Reporters clearly have no idea who's signing where, and fans are starting to report things like "I'm hearing that Aso is on a plane to New York." Jesus.

Soon he'll be spotted in New York, New Jersery, Houston etc.

Guy delivering my post today looked like Asoumugha, ARE WE STARTING A FOOTBALL TEAM???

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

Brad Smith expressed desire to stay w/Jets several times, but offer never made. Putting finishes touches on deal to #Bills, per source.

#Jets WR update: Santonio Holmes stays. Brad Smith goes. Braylon Edwards: TBD. #nyj

Brad Smith expressed desire to stay w/Jets several times, but offer never made. Putting finishes touches on deal to #Bills, per source.

#Jets WR update: Santonio Holmes stays. Brad Smith goes. Braylon Edwards: TBD. #nyj

Jeesh. Not even an offer? The guy won a couple of games for us over the past few seasons. Sometimes i disagree with the way things are handled around here..... assuming that's the truth of course.

Brad Smith was never in the Jets' plans. He's a gadget play guy more than a WR on a team whose QB is growing into more reps (the better Sanchez gets, the fewer Wildcat plays you run) and whose primary value was on special teams. No way the Jets could pay him what he deserves; his value on the market was bigger than his value to the Jets.

Good luck, Brad.

Jeesh. Not even an offer? The guy won a couple of games for us over the past few seasons. Sometimes i disagree with the way things are handled around here..... assuming that's the truth of course.

I'm kind of surprised an offer wasn't made either but I guess we're running away from the gagdet plays, except if we use McKnight or LT, and with the new kick off rule I don't think a returner is much of a priority. We'll shut him down on the Bills.

I like Brad Smith as much as the next guy, but the Jets need WR's who can actually -you know- play WR. Joe McKnight should be able to do everything BS did on offense. The Jets always find return men, and the KO rules make KOR's less important, anyway. There was no reason for the Jets to make an offer when they knew they weren't interested. Sucks, but that's the business side of things.

There were mentions of the Jets being in contact with his agents. They probably couldn't make an "offer" until they know what they are going to be out for CB#2 and WR#2. The "no offer" is misleading. I'm sure they just could have made a lowball offer but didn't want to insult. Smith is obviously not a priority until Cromartie and Edwards replacements are signed.

Source tells me #Jets talked conceptually about numbers for Brad Smith. BUT it was all contingent on what happens with Nnamdi Asomugha talks

1 minute ago

The first official casualty caused by Aso talks.

While Braylon has not signed anywhere else as yet, he will the second!

Source tells me #Jets will re-work LaDainian Tomlinson's contract. He'll have a salary reduction in 2011, the final year of 2-yr deal #nyj

1 minute ago

I guess they realize they need to step it up financially??

Archived