What will it take for Izdick to bring in some CB replacements?

After watching the 1st quarter Saturday night against Andy Dalton and the Bengals first string, I wonder what will it take for Izdick to TRY AND DO SOMETHING about the JETS glaring hole at the CB position? I havn't seen CB coverage like that since Vance Joseph against the Raiders. If Dalton and the Bengals "one's" played 4 quarters, he would have definately thrown for way over 300 yard and 4-6 touchdown passes. YET, WE stand pat with garbage players who will be packing groceries at the super market in two years. NO REGETS!!!!??? UGH. Bombs away...

After watching the 1st quarter Saturday night against Andy Dalton and the Bengals first string, I wonder what will it take for Izdick to TRY AND DO SOMETHING about the JETS glaring hole at the CB position? I havn't seen CB coverage like that since Vance Joseph against the Raiders. If Dalton and the Bengals "one's" played 4 quarters, he would have definately thrown for way over 300 yard and 4-6 touchdown passes. YET, WE stand pat with garbage players who will be packing groceries at the super market in two years. NO REGETS!!!!??? UGH. Bombs away...

Call me crazy but I think he's just going to wait for his top two corners to return from injury.

Call me crazy but I think he's just going to wait for his top two corners to return from injury.

Patterson having "various leg" injuries is pretty frustrating. The guy is just always banged up. I hope Milliner is the real deal.

And OP, there are almost no options left. Idzik messed up during free agency and there are no real corner options left.

Why haven't we signed the Patrick Petersons and Richard Shermans yet???? The market is overloaded n we just won't do anything?

sarcasm... We get it. Reality is that there were a ton of elite corners this free agent period and we walked away with none in green and white. That's a failure.

sarcasm... We get it. Reality is that there were a ton of elite corners this free agent period and we walked away with none in green and white. That's a failure.

Elite?  Aside from Mevi$, they were elite only if graded on a curve with very low standards.  

So when Milliner plays week 1. And Darrin Walls / / Dmitri Pattersom are the other CBs with Wilson as the nickel. Exactly what changed from the original plan? I'd say everyone would sound foolish then for trying to panic and go crazy over this topic but everyone has been going nuts over this all year.

Based on two drives in a week 2 preseason game I guess that means the jets are going 1-15 now.

What do you suggest he try and do this week?

I love the way this scam works. Early on, it's "be patient." Afterwards, it's "well, there's nothing else left out there, what do you want him to do?"

If you've been paying attention, I've been complaining about the handling of the CB position all offseason. I just haven't been complaining about everything else, too. But identifying the problem is easy: the Jets have a significant issue at CB. Everybody gets that. The OP wants Idzik to do something about it now. If doing something about it now is going to be the subject of this thread, I'd like to hear potential solutions that are actually feasible, rather than a rehashing of the same complaints over and over again (yes, I'm talking to you).  

what will it take for people to stop trying to convince us they're clever/unhappy/disgruntled by using alternate spellings of names?

Are you denying that Wrecks and Izdick are comedy gold, cagey? 

Idzik has said the Jets will draft well and that will be his lifeline. Nothing has changed from this thinking. Milliner has a mild sprain. Everyone needs to tone it down and let the team grow.

This is a process always building through the draft. Only reason he signed decker long term because we literally had no one in the WR room worth anything. We had a little success and all you little Mike Tannenbums wanted to buy everyone this offseason. Building through the draft doesn't happen overnight.

Idzik has said the Jets will draft well and that will be his lifeline. Nothing has changed from this thinking. Milliner has a mild sprain. Everyone needs to tone it down and let the team grow.

This is a process always building through the draft. Only reason he signed decker long term because we literally had no one in the WR room worth anything. We had a little success and all you little Mike Tannenbums wanted to buy everyone this offseason. Building through the draft doesn't happen overnight.

But buying top free agents does. 

We lost Cromartie and picked up Pattetson while drafting Dex. I don't have an issue with that. It's the NFL. Players get hurt n hind sight is 20/20. You can't have four starting CBs on ur roster. It's just not possible.

Elite?

I don't think so. I am not even sure that Revis is elite. He did nothing special last year. AND WE CAN NOT BE 12 MILLION DOLLARS WORTH SURE THAT HE WILL RETURN TO THAT LEVEL. And it has been proven time and again that teams actually win SBs without elite, expensive corners.

I'm a bit confused how the Broncos gave up 40 pts a game last year and all of a sudden Dominic Ridgers Cromartie is now a great player?

Oh, don't worry, he wouldn't be one if he were signed by the Jets.  Only because of the fact that he could have been signed by the Jets, but wasn't, immediately makes him immeasurably better.  Kind of like how his cousin being one of the worst coverage players in the league last season while on the Jets is suddenly forgotten now that he's off the team, and instead it is now impossible for anyone on the Jets' roster to match his dominating performance.

I like how McDougle surpassed Patterson on the depth chart and became the key cog in your jackass narrative all by getting hurt.

I think the hope all along was that McDougle would take over the starting job during the course of this season, if not on opening day. Patterson was always a place-holder. The Jets will have to rethink the position again next year with McDougle coming off an ACL, and Wilson and Patterson both seeing their contracts expire. Again, we could be looking at a free agent and a high (top three rounds) pick. 

It's too late now.

Oh, don't worry, he wouldn't be one if he were signed by the Jets.  Only because of the fact that he could have been signed by the Jets, but wasn't, immediately makes him immeasurably better.  Kind of like how his cousin being one of the worst coverage players in the league last season while on the Jets is suddenly forgotten now that he's off the team, and instead it is now impossible for anyone on the Jets' roster to match his dominating performance.

Wait are you arguing that DRC isn't a GIANT upgrade over what the jets have starting at CB right now opposite Milliner, if Milliner even plays?

Archived