I never thought that I could hate any QB more than Sanchez

DonCorleone

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was very bad second half, but overall it wasn't a terrible performance. Not one of his worse tbh. His first 3 drives were absolutely superb and he was still robbed of the tying TD (Even though I think that was a bit of a prayer). 

He lost his sh*t completely which is a concern, but he still showed his talent. The lack of support from the running game and losing Decker were huge blows too.

The knee jerk reactions are unbearable. 

Dude turned it over one time on a throw he got hammered on. It's on Winters more than Geno. Hostile crowd o the road and robbed of a TD by the refs. He was hot and cold, but far from the reason we lost.

Geno is the worst Jets starting QB ever.

Seriously?

I thought he played very well today.

You have a dumbass OC that got too cute before the half. Run the ball 3 times and kick the FG and the Jets are up 24-9 at half.

And why the hell do you call a TO with 2 seconds left on the play clock?? What could he have seen that he didn't like?

Jets should have won that game going away.

Seriously?

I thought he played very well today.

You have a dumbass OC that got too cute before the half. Run the ball 3 times and kick the FG and the Jets are up 24-9 at half.

And why the hell do you call a TO with 2 seconds left on the play clock?? What could he have seen that he didn't like?

Jets should have won that game going away.

The OC is a dumbass as well. His cuteness is what got the Jets up in the first place. Geno made two nice throws all game. The rest was smoke, mirrors and an OC compensating for his terribleness. Geno's upside is Seneca Wallace.

TD to Decker and the TD that the refs screwed the Jets on were his only nice throws. He also added about 10 horrible, horrible throws. He makes screen passes look like the toughest throw in the playbook.

He's a 2nd year QB who has showed very good improvement over his rookie year.

What do you want him to do?

Your OC lost that game today, not Geno.

It was very bad second half, but overall it wasn't a terrible performance. Not one of his worse tbh. His first 3 drives were absolutely superb and he was still robbed of the tying TD (Even though I think that was a bit of a prayer). 

He lost his sh*t completely which is a concern, but he still showed his talent. The lack of support from the running game and losing Decker were huge blows too.

The knee jerk reactions are unbearable. 

Touchdowns are not all he throws...fumbles interceptions and bad decisions. this is not knee jerk...the turnovers and missing open receivers were the knock on him coming out of college. He is what he is....a bad qb...period.

Here we go again, Jets fans trying to blame the quarterback when the team is not built to win this way. The Rex Ryan system is built on a ferocious defense and a power running game. We don't have the quarterback or the receivers to run a high-powered aerial attack.

When a quarterback amasses a 21-3 lead and that lead is blown you look straight at the defense. Rex's defense allowed the Packers to go 97 yards with a minute and a half to go in the first half, game was over right there. Idzik's secondary is, as predicted, Swiss cheese against a quality quarterback and we were victimized on huge plays. With a head coach of Rex Ryan's tenure we should not be experiencing too many men on the field penalties, personal fouls, pass interference, and the undisciplined crap the way we do.

I actually do not like Geno Smith. However, you cannot pin this loss on him.

SAR I

Here we go again, Jets fans trying to blame the quarterback when the team is not built to win this way. The Rex Ryan system is built on a ferocious defense and a power running game. We don't have the quarterback or the receivers to run a high-powered aerial attack.

When a quarterback amasses a 21-3 lead and that lead is blown you look straight at the defense. Rex's defense allowed the Packers to go 97 yards with a minute and a half to go in the first half, game was over right there. Idzik's secondary is, as predicted, Swiss cheese against a quality quarterback and we were victimized on huge plays. With a head coach of Rex Ryan's tenure we should not be experiencing too many men on the field penalties, personal fouls, pass interference, and the undisciplined crap the way we do.

SAR I

Hard to disagree with much of this.

Don't think Smith is much better than an average QB on his best day. But if you take his stats and add the TD that was washed away, this was a pretty good day in a rough road game.  Not really fair to compare him to Pick Six on a day he deserved a win. 

And suspect you never saw Rick Mirer, Neil O'Donnell or Bubby Brister. 

Geno Smith is a drive killer.  Blame everyone and everything else and forget that he is inconsistent and inaccurate.  Missed a wide open Decker on a deep ball, threw well behind Kerley and was lucky it wasn't picked, missed high by a mile on a simple screen to CJ.  All drive killers.  Deny it all you want.  We're used to denying awful QB play, I know.  But step back and see whats in front of you. 

SAR I

This is pretty much dead on.

Rex's defense is so overrated it's funny.

An elite defense would have won the football game today.

Geno Smith is a drive killer. Blame everyone and everything else and forget that he is inconsistent and inaccurate. Missed a wide open Decker on a deep ball, threw well behind Kerley and was lucky it wasn't picked, missed high by a mile on a simple screen to CJ. All drive killers. Deny it all you want. We're used to denying awful QB play, I know. But step back and see whats in front of you.

Unfortunately, we as a team do not have the wide receivers on the roster to allow us to judge Geno Smith properly, no different than Mark Sanchez final two years.

The Rex Ryan Strategy seems to think we can survive without quality playmakers on offense, it has been this way since 2011. Aaron Rodgers leading this offense wouldn't have won today's game either.

SAR I

Archived