**** The Official Rex Ryan thread ****

Integrity28

His "bleed Green and White" was pure, distilled, rah rah bullsh*t.

Never meant a single word of it.  It was fluff (for fans) and college-type rah rah (for players).

He said the rah rah words he needed to say to impress fans and motivate players, nothing more, nothing less.

He'll be talking "Play Like a Bill" and "Blue and Red For Life" soon enough.

Which is why I have no understanding of the man-love some Jets Fans still hold this loser in.

Denver fires a coach who won almost 50 games in four years, 4 playoff years, and we cry and gurn over a guy who hasn't won anything in four years?

That's part of being a coach...get your team motivated and fired up.  I never embraced the "play like a Jet" because we have never really won anything (Sorry Broadway Joe, that was along time ago).  Some teams can over achieve with the right push and win vs better competition.  After a while it gets worn if winning stops and that's what happened.  The Jets were crap this year but for the first half of the season they played some of the top teams in the league very well with no secondary and half a qb.   Rex was firing them up and coming up with schemes to try and win with very limited talent and motivating them that could win......even though they didn't.   Rex was fired, and he definitely has a long ways to go as a head coach.  I thank him for instilling some energy into this franchise and I'm very happy for him that he landed on his feet and will coach again.  Once Pre season game #1 comes then I will say F U Rex, u suck and so does your team. 

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deep playoff runs with our beleaguered franchise is not "failure" no matter how many times people here say it was. 

4 years ago, also are you one of these people that give Rex full credit for that and no one else?  Shotty took us to two afc title games, sanchez took us to two afc title games.

When you actually watch the games and analyze the position of head coach and all that goes into it it's clear ryan is a poor head coach overall.  He's very good in about 1/2 of the things you need for a good head coach and utterly dreadful in the other half.  The problem is that he has never improved on the things he does poorly or even acknowledged a problem in many cases.

I have been reading here all day since signing up, and although it's called JetNation, and the colors are green, it appears that I am on a Bills forum?

It seems that there are more fans of the Bills Head Coach than the New York Jets?

There are some naive Jets fans who think Rusty Staub and David Wright are terrific Mets despite never winning a damned thing.

SAR I

4 years ago, also are you one of these people that give Rex full credit for that and no one else?  Shotty took us to two afc title games, sanchez took us to two afc title games.

When you actually watch the games and analyze the position of head coach and all that goes into it it's clear ryan is a poor head coach overall.  He's very good in about 1/2 of the things you need for a good head coach and utterly dreadful in the other half.  The problem is that he has never improved on the things he does poorly or even acknowledged a problem in many cases.

Beer....giving Rex too much credit. He's only good at 1/3 of the game, Clueless on O and specials.I have waited for years to hear all the Rex guys give any example of how he is a better coach today than he was the day he walked in the door. All you get are excuses. And lame ones at that. The guy is a great self-promoter, no doubt. But as a HC, he is horrible. Good riddance.

Deep playoff runs with our beleaguered franchise is not "failure" no matter how many times people here say it was.

I agree with this fwiw, it's the part where he's a major part of the reason we are a bottom 5 team again, combined with being a rival coach like Belli, that motivates me to dog on him... Also Sally's like you that get a boner for mediocrity.

Well Kubiak went 5 seasons 2006-2010 just one 9-7 and no playoffs..

The difference between that and Rex would be that the Texans showed steady improvement. Unlike Rex, who left the Jets worse than when he found them. Keep in mind, the Texans also weren't far removed from being an expansion team, and one that wasn't built correctly from the start, Kubiak's job was to build a winner from almost scratch. Rex's job was to take over a playoff caliber team.

Btw, Fisher would also be an example when the Oilers/t!ts went 8-8 forever. That encompassed a move, however, so he was given more leeway.

"I didn't come to Buffalo to kiss President Obama's rings but if they take 6 of ours we're going to take 3 of theirs and we're going to be an all-weather defense and a 70 to 72 degree offense. Pay like a Bill."

SAR I

" I  know there are some guys in New England and New York who are not happy to see me here today"

Oh man I'm smelling a new Rex thread with predicted quotes for tomorrow

Assuming they will open up the press conference to questions and the room isn't full of sycophants... when asked about his team's no show performance against the Bills in Detroit after having two full weeks to prepare: "Oh Man, that kind of stuff happens."

The Jets were 4-12 in 05 under Herm and 07 under Mangini with better QB's why is this 4-12 so important to you??

Where did I say anything about 4-12? I'm talking about the last 4 years , at a minimum.

I hated Mangini from day 1. Unqualified desperate attempt to clone BB. Germ lost me over time, at first I was optimistic.

Beer....giving Rex too much credit. He's only good at 1/3 of the game, Clueless on O and specials.I have waited for years to hear all the Rex guys give any example of how he is a better coach today than he was the day he walked in the door. All you get are excuses. And lame ones at that. The guy is a great self-promoter, no doubt. But as a HC, he is horrible. Good riddance.

I give him credit for being a good though a tad overrated D coach and being liked by his players and a decent motivator.  He does have pretty good leadership skills.

The difference between that and Rex would be that the Texans showed steady improvement. Unlike Rex, who left the Jets worse than when he found them. Keep in mind, the Texans also weren't far removed from being an expansion team, and one that wasn't built correctly from the start, Kubiak's job was to build a winner from almost scratch. Rex's job was to take over a playoff caliber team.

Btw, Fisher would also be an example when the Oilers/t!ts went 8-8 forever. That encompassed a move, however, so he was given more leeway.

After the 9-7 season Kubiak was 6-10 the next year..LOL I agree 4 bad years the coach is gone. However expansion teams is no excuse both the Jags and Panthers made the playoffs year 2..

Archived