Leave it to the Jets to Screw up How the Handle the Fans Tonight

Lot K Tailgaters

Sounds like an issue with concessions, not necessarily "the Jets". Unless you think there are zero degrees of separation between Woody and the girl selling bottled waters, that is.

It sucks that you had a bad customer experience. I know for a fact that most of Jets corporate cares a lot about the customer experience. When I read your thread title, I thought it was something more ominous... but the things your complaining about are pretty much "bad service" problems you could run into anywhere from Applebee's to American Airlines.

Write someone a letter, hope they fix it, and maybe you'll get some free sh*t in the process.

Scanned my receipt and sent an email to my rep.

We'll see what happens with my $20 in Bonus Bucks.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 27,500 seats on the upper level and I'd estimate 35,000 seats on the lower level.  Last night, the lower level was 50% occupied and there were people accumulating on the concourses and the interactive fan area outside.  So I'd say there were around 19,000 to 20,000 people there total.

The Eagles has about 25,000 people at their open practice at Lincoln today and it was in the daytime, more conducive to families.  We have nothing to be embarrassed about.

SAR I

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/52846/jets-wr-brandon-marshall-comes-up-big-before-not-so-big-crowd

7. No buzz in the air: The Jets made a lot of headline moves in the offseason, seemingly exciting the fan base -- but you couldn't tell by the turnout. The announced crowd was only 10,000-plus, roughly only 2,000 more than what they drew for the Green & White scrimmage in remote Cortland, New York.

Snotty girl at the VIP desk said the same thing to me and my family even though we left the house an hour early just so I could show them what the Coaches Club looked like.

I never got any email saying this was cancelled; did you?

SAR I

Same thing happened to us and we are chase club psl holders... We got an email inviting us down there and then when we got there, they told us we couldn't come in bc it was a private players family only event... Very strange.

Didn't ruin my night though... We still had a great time. But I can see why others would be mad about it.

I think the point is a little lost on you guys though.  Complaining about it on a message board doesn't fix things, write a professional letter to the Jets so they can investigate and see if the people they hired ****ed up or if their concession vendors ****ed up or if the Jets ****ed up their communication or a combination of all 3.  Point being, it helps no one if nobody tells the Jets what happened and they can't improve the experience going forward.

no it's not lost on me at all. he's right that if the guy is upset enough he should write a letter of complaint. he's wrong is stating that it's not really a "jets" problem and really just a concession problem. anything that happens there is a jets problem. it's their brand in their house.........they promissed something that they didnt deliver on and the guy has every right to be pissed. this is a jets message board.......while he wont get any resolution by bitching about it here, its still an appropriate place to bitch about it

I really have no complaints, it was a free event and a bonus for many fans who don't have season tickets.

I'm more upset about the "American Dream" project which has cut off ramp access from Route 3 and my sneak-attack of getting to the Verizon corner by making the U turn at the Izod Center. Disaster if that isn't corrected by opening day.

SAR I

sh*t I am a proud student of your route. You may or may not recall but you wrote out that route for me a year or so ago on JI. I think I saved the post somewhere

Don't mean to kiss ass with this post but that's been my preferred route ever since to get into and out of E from route 3. You've saved me a ton of time with this route. I also tried last night and noticed the route blocked by many cones

For some reason I hadn't thought about this potentially still being blocked come week 1. I am going to contact the jets to see what's up...

Snotty girl at the VIP desk said the same thing to me and my family even though we left the house an hour early just so I could show them what the Coaches Club looked like.

I never got any email saying this was cancelled; did you?

SAR I

Nope never got it either.  My friend and I both went back into our emails to look as well.  My friend said at one point they sent so many emails lately who could even keep track.  Did your girl happen to have a gray Jets polo with some kind of stripes light and dark grey and khaki pants?  Thighs were a bit on the bigger side?

Hot Dog meal was $6 for dog, chips, drink.  Chicken Fingers meal was $8 for strips, fries, drink.

The food was very affordable, half the price or more than normal.  Not free, but a generous discount.

SAR I

I didn't get to see those meals.  Saw buffalo wings for $16, glazed nuts for $6, gyros and a few other things.  Went to Rutt's Hut instead to clog my arteries.

Same thing happened to us and we are chase club psl holders... We got an email inviting us down there and then when we got there, they told us we couldn't come in bc it was a private players family only event... Very strange.

Didn't ruin my night though... We still had a great time. But I can see why others would be mad about it.

I have 3 tickets and had a friend who wanted to go.  I told him I would be in Coaches Club for it and he may not be able to sit with us.  Instead I was in the corner end zone somewhere. 

I think the point is a little lost on you guys though.  Complaining about it on a message board doesn't fix things, write a professional letter to the Jets so they can investigate and see if the people they hired ****ed up or if their concession vendors ****ed up or if the Jets ****ed up their communication or a combination of all 3.  Point being, it helps no one if nobody tells the Jets what happened and they can't improve the experience going forward.

All that happens is I call 800-469-JETS and I get some kid fresh out of college who instead is going to ask me if I want to buy PSLs instead of upper level seats since they're just there to make ticket sales.

sh*t I am a proud student of your route. You may or may not recall but you wrote out that route for me a year or so ago on JI. I think I saved the post somewhere

Don't mean to kiss ass with this post but that's been my preferred route ever since to get into and out of E from route 3. You've saved me a ton of time with this route. I also tried last night and noticed the route blocked by many cones

For some reason I hadn't thought about this potentially still being blocked come week 1. I am going to contact the jets to see what's up...

Thanks Corn, yes, I remember sending you the illustration and glad it helped. 

Let me know what you find out.  I wouldn't even know how to get over there and what traffic nightmare it would bring if it's shut down for the season.

SAR I

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/52846/jets-wr-brandon-marshall-comes-up-big-before-not-so-big-crowd

7. No buzz in the air: The Jets made a lot of headline moves in the offseason, seemingly exciting the fan base -- but you couldn't tell by the turnout. The announced crowd was only 10,000-plus, roughly only 2,000 more than what they drew for the Green & White scrimmage in remote Cortland, New York.

That can't be right.  Maybe a hair under half the lower level was packed, that's got to be 16,000 people right there.  The place holds 82,500 people, putting only 10,000 would take up a sideline at most, the fans wrapped around to the opposite corner.  Not to mention those walking the perimeter and the food court and those in the suites and such.

Either way, it was a nice night and a good gesture on the Jets behalf to do something free for all fans.  The player introductions were fun, Revis/Snacks interaction was priceless, fireworks, my kids had a great time.

SAR I

On Monday the Jets sent me an email stating anyone with a rewards card could get into the Coaches Club on a first come first serve basis.  When I got there tonight they said make a right turn and it will get you there and of course it wasn't the coaches club.  The someone told me it's closed down tonight and not available.  When I said well they promoted that earlier in the week the girl got snotty and said "well if you read your emails you would know we cancelled it."  She then goes the first 15 rows of section (139 I forget) is reserved for season ticket holders only but of course by then they were filled.

My friends went to get a bottle of water later in the night and when they went to use their Jets Rewards card they said sorry we put the scanners away for the night.  How do you do that?

Then another friend of mine I ran into told me he waited 20 mins on line to get a beer and was instead told it was only pouring foam so they weren't serving beer.  They couldn't put up a sign or something to let people know?

Between the changing of a scrimmage to practice and a few other things, I found this to be very disappointing.  Highlight of my night was going to Rutts Hut afterward for a hot dog and disco fries.

That stinks.  Maybe it wasn't Geno the fans were booing.

That can't be right.  Maybe a hair under half the lower level was packed, that's got to be 16,000 people right there.  The place holds 82,500 people, putting only 10,000 would take up a sideline at most, the fans wrapped around to the opposite corner.  Not to mention those walking the perimeter and the food court and those in the suites and such.

Either way, it was a nice night and a good gesture on the Jets behalf to do something free for all fans.  The player introductions were fun, Revis/Snacks interaction was priceless, fireworks, my kids had a great time.

SAR I

That was the announced attendance.    Can't imagine why the Jets would lie about cutting the attendance #'s in half.  If anything they would be more inclined to bloat the attendance for their event.   I wasn't there so can't really give any opinions  

That was the announced attendance.    Can't imagine why the Jets would lie about cutting the attendance #'s in half.  If anything they would be more inclined to bloat the attendance for their event.   I wasn't there so can't really give any opinions  

They were handing out tickets at the door, I myself brought 3 people without tickets and they just let them in.

Perhaps there were 10,000 people who downloaded tickets online, the rest had their season ticket cards or were just let through the gate.

SAR I

You get what you pay for.

Nowhere near half the lower level was packed.  We went in the corner of the end zone so we could get away from the crowd and we had the row to ourselves and people were sitting every other row.  We sat in line with the upper exit and above us was almost empty.  I would say 10-12,000 is probably about right. 

I really have no complaints, it was a free event and a bonus for many fans who don't have season tickets.

I'm more upset about the "American Dream" project which has cut off ramp access from Route 3 and my sneak-attack of getting to the Verizon corner by making the U turn at the Izod Center.  Disaster if that isn't corrected by opening day.

SAR I

Jesus that disaster of a project hasn't been torn down yet?  Didn't they abandon that project years ago?

All that happens is I call 800-469-JETS and I get some kid fresh out of college who instead is going to ask me if I want to buy PSLs instead of upper level seats since they're just there to make ticket sales.

Snake eating its own tail.  Self fulfilling prophecy right here.  This is the kind of inaction that gets nothing done.  Yes the person on the phone is going to try to upsell you something, is this the first time you ever called customer service for anything?  Doesn't mean they aren't notating your grievances and concerns and then addressing these concerns at some dept meeting down the road.  Its very easy to tell the person on the phone you aren't interested in being sold anything today but that you want your concerns notated and addressed in your next customer feedback meeting.  At worst, you lose a few minutes of your life, at best you can help contribute to making the event more successful in the future for the Jets community.

The stadium is terrific, it's the team that needs help.

SAR I

I'm really curious, what do you like about the stadium?  Me personally, I'm not a fan of it.  I actually preferred the old Meadowlands for a few reasons (even if we were always fighting against the name "giants stadium" in some ways we still do anyway).

1. The Metlife Stadium seats feel too far away from the field compared to Meadowlands.

2. The Metlife Stadium doesn't hold/retain noise like the old stadium.  Its extremely quiet even when its loud.

3. The Metlife Stadium has no character and was designed to be aesthetically pleasing at night (which the games are rarely played at)

What I do like about the new stadium:

1. The shuttle to the stadium.

I'm really curious, what do you like about the stadium?  Me personally, I'm not a fan of it.  I actually preferred the old Meadowlands for a few reasons (even if we were always fighting against the name "giants stadium" in some ways we still do anyway).

1. The Metlife Stadium seats feel too far away from the field compared to Meadowlands.

2. The Metlife Stadium doesn't hold/retain noise like the old stadium.  Its extremely quiet even when its loud.

3. The Metlife Stadium has no character and was designed to be aesthetically pleasing at night (which the games are rarely played at)

What I do like about the new stadium:

1. The shuttle to the stadium.

I'm going to take a shot in the dark a what I believe SAR's answer/s will be. 

1. Gave people like himself an opportinuty to get season tickets in his name after 30 years of people buying better seats and only going to a few games, since they decided they couldn't afford the seats anymore. I believe he will refer to them as "squatters."

2. He has, in his opinion, the best seats in the house because of his day 1 seniority. 

Anyone else besides me have to google the word Nefarious?? Be honest!

Knew it; it's a great word.

Simply this whole new stadium has been a f__in' joke of epic proportions at every turn since the day it opened. And the joke is on anyone who still goes to Jets games. 

They were handing out tickets at the door, I myself brought 3 people without tickets and they just let them in.

Perhaps there were 10,000 people who downloaded tickets online, the rest had their season ticket cards or were just let through the gate.

SAR I

You may as well be a hired corporate shill.

I'm a PSL holder and have been going to games since I was 3. 

This stadium sucks.

Jesus that disaster of a project hasn't been torn down yet?  Didn't they abandon that project years ago?

Jets and Giants are fighting the mall nonsense such that it won't be open on gamedays. Not sure what  restaurant nor  retailer will want to open up in  a mall there and be told to close down a day or 2  every weekend in Christmas shopping season. Also, despite funding and profiting from numerous fantasy sites and games, the Jets, Giants and NFL are still fighting not to have a sports book at the meadowlands track. The whole area is a mess. Someday we will all ski above and across route 3.

You may as well be a hired corporate shill.

I'm a PSL holder and have been going to games since I was 3. 

This stadium sucks.

Parts of MetLife are worse than Giants stadium but many parts are way better.  My section is phenomenal compared to Giants stadium (135,134,137 area).   The lowers at MetLife are actually much closer to the field than the lowers at Giants stadium were.  The areas that are farther away from the field are both the Mezz and upper deck, moreso the upper deck.  They are set back so much and significantly higher than their counterparts at Giants stadium, again mostly the upper deck.  I started out in the Mezz corner (245A).  The view from there was ok, the equivalent of the corners of the old upper deck at Giants stadium but nowhere near as proximate to the field as the Mezz was at Giants stadium.  We moved downstairs, which was the best decision we made.  

Knew it; it's a great word.

Simply this whole new stadium has been a f__in' joke of epic proportions at every turn since the day it opened. And the joke is on anyone who still goes to Jets games. 

The whole gameday experience is still fun.  It's still great to go and see NFL (especially Jets) games in person.  And for whatever it's worth, the stadium's "sightlines" are terrific (unless of course you got stuck up in the upper tier, which is much higher and crappier than Giants Stadium, which actually had a pretty terrific upper tier).

Since watching the game is the #1 most important thing to me (as it should be), I'm not THAT vocal in my criticism of the new stadium.  But, everything else really does suck.  It looks like a toaster.  It's IMPOSSIBLE to get into and out of (inevitably when there's an emergency this WILL be a disaster).  We still share it with the Giants.  The lower tier seats (like most new stadiums, unfortunately) are extra corporate and sterile and don't generate as much noise as they used to.  You can't WALK ACROSS(!!!) the stadium because of the club level nonsense.

It's just lame.  Especially at the price tag.

Archived