Sheldon Return?

InstantClassic

Expect him to be out for at least 10 games minimum next year.  I'm sure he got tested again after the incident by the NFL and if he did and failed his punishment is 10 games.  Thats not inlcuding how the NFL comes down on him for the reckless driving and resisting arrest.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expect him to be out for at least 10 games minimum next year.  I'm sure he got tested again after the incident by the NFL and if he did and failed his punishment is 10 games.  Thats not inlcuding how the NFL comes down on him for the reckless driving and resisting arrest.

if he was tested and failed again why wouldn't that cause him to be suspended today?  

i suspect he didn't say anything to the jets so that he wouldn't get tested again.

if he was tested and failed again why wouldn't that cause him to be suspended today?  

i suspect he didn't say anything to the jets so that he wouldn't get tested again.

Don't know the legalities but I would guess since its tied to this case they won't make any move until next season and then he'll get hit with the suspension.  They seem to do the weed ones once a year.  Only going by Josh Gordon as example here lol

This is also based solely on my belief he can't stop smoking weed.  Its entirely possible that everyone else in teh car was smoking with windows open and not he, himself.  But who honestly believes that? lol

Don't know the legalities but I would guess since its tied to this case they won't make any move until next season and then he'll get hit with the suspension.  They seem to do the weed ones once a year.  Only going by Josh Gordon as example here lol

This is also based solely on my belief he can't stop smoking weed.  Its entirely possible that everyone else in teh car was smoking with windows open and not he, himself.  But who honestly believes that? lol

I he failed since the suspension they would just add the additional suspension immediately. They do not hold off. Now whether he gets through the offseason that remains to be seen. It does happen though when the player realizes if they screw up again they are gone.

When are we going to hear about Sheldon and his impending legal troubles?

Now that his 4 game suspension is up are we going to hear over the bye if there is any further punishment?

Do you think Goodell is gun-shy after deflategate?

I just find it odd there hasn't been much mention if at all on additional punishment coming.

If I was Sheldon Bitchingson? I'd be ready to attack Goodell if he imposed any other ban for his off the field issue. If Brady gets a clean sheet after millions of dollars spent investigating, Sheldon should be the same considering he didn't copromise the integrity of the game. 

If I was Sheldon Bitchingson? I'd be ready to attack Goodell if he imposed any other ban for his off the field issue. If Brady gets a clean sheet after millions of dollars spent investigating, Sheldon should be the same considering he didn't copromise the integrity of the game. 

totally different offense

Richardson could get popped for another suspension if he tested positive for pot after the driving incident. There's a specific substance abuse policy which is different from deflategate in which Brady argued no specific policy existed. It's unlikely the NFL will make an issue out of the incident beyond the potential substance abuse unless the prosecution does it first. The NFL has no need to make its players out to be worse guys than what they already do themselves. If it ends up being a traffic ticket and there's no associated positive drug test then that will be the end of it.

What's the precedent for traffic violation suspensions?

Has anyone ever been suspended for a traffic violation? I feel like the precedent has been set, that if no one has previously been suspended and if there's not a rule in place as to suspension length - then he can't be suspended.

I realize this sounds sarcastic but I'm being serious...it's ridiculous, but how am I wrong?

It would seem he picked a good state to do it. Looks like he could drive 200 mph in a school zone and it isn't a felony in St. Louis. And THAT is ridiculous. 

If they are only charging him speeding, the NFL aren't giving him a band. If he tested positive after the speeding incident he's getting banded right now. The league would band him without any further ado.

if he comes back like Sheldon of old this D-line will be sick.

Brandon Marshall & Revis are the straws that stir this drink. Talk about two guys that walk the walk. When you have guys that practice hard, play hard, everyone follows. Winning is fun & becomes addictive.

Having Bowles as the coach brings a new respect to our team. You can tell the team likes him but he's already proven he'll make tough decisions, Kerley as a #5 WR, he's no pushover. 

Could you imagine if we had an edge rusher like Von Miller? OMG! Still, looking around the league & I watch a lot of football, the talent on this Jets D as as good or better than any team in the league. The only place we're lagging is speed at LB. We don't have a Bobby Wagner type. But we've got enough for Bowles to work especially if Reilly & Mauldin turn out to be exceptional players? They both have the work ethic & mixed in with the talent the Jets have could be awesome role players.

So the cop claimed he smelled marijuana, but no marijuana was found.  Sorry, the commish can't treat this like a drug case, that's a law enforcement officer's opinion, not a conviction. 

there were also two other men in the car.  But everyone assumes if there was a smell it was Sheldon smoking.  

I hope the NFL does nothing. I'm getting tired of the NFL's disciplinary policy. Does any other business operate like this? Where they tack on to legal penalties with penalties of their own? It's getting ridiculous how the NFL is trying to set up their own parallel justice system. If I were in charge my policy would simply be "that's a legal matter to be handled by the state" whenever a player gets into trouble. As long as they are under contract, they will play in order to get paid. FREE SHELDON!

There is definitely precedent for players getting suspended for stuff they were not charged with.  

Unfortunately this is true, i.e. Greg Hardy.  Had all of his charges dropped in court, was on exempt list for the majority of 2014 and then another 4 (appealed from 10) games in 2015.  Never quite understood how its possible to suspend someone of something that wasn't proven by a court but hey I guess thats the NFL we are dealing with now.

Unfortunately this is true, i.e. Greg Hardy.  Had all of his charges dropped in court, was on exempt list for the majority of 2014 and then another 4 (appealed from 10) games in 2015.  Never quite understood how its possible to suspend someone of something that wasn't proven by a court but hey I guess thats the NFL we are dealing with now.

I think the NFL now (meaning Goodell) is very different than even a year ago.  He's going to be way more gun-shy than ever.  I suspect if he gets convicted simply for speeding and he didn't show up positive for Marijuana - he will get no further suspension.

If they are only charging him speeding, the NFL aren't giving him a band. If he tested positive after the speeding incident he's getting banded right now. The league would band him without any further ado.

if he comes back like Sheldon of old this D-line will be sick.

well if they band him, they'll be able to keep track of him better so that's good

http://www.rrbo.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/band-on-leg.jpg

Archived