Quincy Enunwa Suspended

Maxman

And for all the twits shouting Enunwa sucks and should have been cut weeks ago:

HEY YOU FOKCING GENIUSES! You don't think our Genius HC & GM woulld not have already replaced him with a better player if one was so easily viable?!?!?!? Saxton isn't ready, that's why he's STILL on PS AFTER clearing waivers twice this season already. 

Losing Enunwa hurts because we do not have an adequate replacement at H-Back at this point in time with a crucial division road game coming up next Sunday. No sh!t we won't miss his hands, it's his BLOCKING that we Need for our Run Game to be cleared of LBs and NickelBacks for Ivory to turn the corner.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really question the timing of this suspension.  Why wasn't this served in the beginning of the year?  This event happened last year, the charges ended up being dropped and now all of a sudden a week before the Pats "oh hey guys, about that enunwa guy, yeah he's suspended"

The NFL just needs to change their letters to WTF at that point.

And when Kerley's "hmmm" blocking an NFL quality Lber you'll have your answer. 

was just about to post that in response to those saying that devin smith needs to step up.  Enunwa was basically playing as a glorified tight end.  Not saying it's a huge loss but guys like kerley don't bring the blocking that Enunwa brought.  

Maybe this is why we brought in kenbrell. One of his strengths coming out of college was his blocking.  

typical overreaction & OVER-REGULATION by a weak commissioner  submitting to activist facsim. 

so at this stage, merely an ACCUSATION  of domestic abuse or violence will net you a 4 game suspension and salary withheld AFTER your (pathetic) Union negotiated on your behalf. No criminal nor civil penalty imposed by the Fed, State, or County for having an unsubstantiated allegation dismissed, but your livelihood is from now on compromised. Sad.

is Hope Solo still representing the US nation?

I don't think you're wrong about Goodell, but it's pretty likely Enunwa did everything alleged, even though the charges were dropped. Good chance Enunwa admitted as much in the settlement as well. 

What's ridiculous is yes the charges were dropped, and the settlement is double his initial suspension for Rice who knocked out his woman on camera with national scrutiny. If it's about public perception that's still a non issue in this case. No one would have paid attention to Enunwa's long-forgotten, dropped charges if no suspension was handed down. 

I don't think you're wrong about Goodell, but it's pretty likely Enunwa did everything alleged, even though the charges were dropped. Good chance Enunwa admitted as much in the settlement as well. 

What's ridiculous is yes the charges were dropped, and the settlement is double his initial suspension for Rice who knocked out his woman on camera with national scrutiny. If it's about public perception that's still a non issue in this case. No one would have paid attention to Enunwa's long-forgotten, dropped charges if no suspension was handed down. 

players and their union would

No problem with the suspension just the timing of it. When the whole deflategate broke out the NFL dragged its feet to avoid any potential SB suspensions for the Golden Boys. Then when it looked like the investigation might drag into this season the NFL the NFLPA and the corrupt judges made it a priority to have it settled before the start of the season.

Now the Jets are going into Gilette and they drop a suspenion on one of our players - coincidence I think not !!

And for all the twits shouting Enunwa sucks and should have been cut weeks ago:

HEY YOU FOKCING GENIUSES! You don't think our Genius HC & GM woulld not have already replaced him with a better player if one was so easily viable?!?!?!? Saxton isn't ready, that's why he's STILL on PS AFTER clearing waivers twice this season already. 

Losing Enunwa hurts because we do not have an adequate replacement at H-Back at this point in time with a crucial division road game coming up next Sunday. No sh!t we won't miss his hands, it's his BLOCKING that we Need for our Run Game to be cleared of LBs and NickelBacks for Ivory to turn the corner.

cumby is back and davis is healthy

everything is going to be ok

They were well aware he was going to be suspended for 4 games for it?  And since the 'incident" is well quoted by you care to fill us in on your inside knowledge oh seer or all?

The guy committed obviously a stupid indiscretion, enough of one to get suspended for....check.

The guy is a total jag who has done nothing to impress other than being last man standing becasue we have no one with size for that spot.....check

The guy will be easily replaced in the scheme....check.

The Jets have been well aware of the incident.  The charges were dropped and that was the end of it.  

The Jets were also aware that Enunwa was going to be suspended (maybe not four games, but they were aware).  And the only reason he was suspended is because Goodell is still trying to save face for the Ray Rice incident.  He gave a guy who knocked his girlfriend out -- on video -- two games.  And he gives Enunwa four games for a he said-she said incident where the charges were ultimately dropped?  The guy is a ******* clown.

Enunwa isn't going anywhere, regardless of what you think.

The Jets have been well aware of the incident.  The charges were dropped and that was the end of it.  

The Jets were also aware that Enunwa was going to be suspended (maybe not four games, but they were aware).  And the only reason he was suspended is because Goodell is still trying to save face for the Ray Rice incident.  He gave a guy who knocked his girlfriend out -- on video -- two games.  And he gives Enunwa four games for a he said-she said incident where the charges were ultimately dropped?  The guy is a ******* clown.

the players union negotiated this suspension and the jets publicly supported it

he's gone

Has nothing to do with Rice.  There are penalties in place, as they were negotiated.  He's getting the suspension he and his union supported 

Is he?  There's a six-game suspension for a first offense related to domestic violence.  He wasn't convicted of anything.  

And nowhere in the CBA does it say you have to be convicted of anything.

In fact it says the opposite 

And nowhere in the CBA does it say you have to be convicted of anything.

In fact it says the opposite 

You're right.  It's loose.

NFL DISCIPLINARY DECISION

An individual is subject to discipline under the policy if the person is found to have engaged in conduct prohibited by the policy. In such cases, the NFL Special Counsel for Investigations and Conduct will issue the initial discipline for violations of the policy. The Special Counsel may consult with appropriate experts as needed. Depending on the nature of the violation and the person’s record, discipline may be a fine, suspension, community service, or a combination of the three. Violations involving domestic violence or sexual assault will result in a baseline six-game suspension without pay, with more if aggravating factors are present, such as the use of a weapon or a crime against a child. A second offense in this category will result in banishment from the NFL. 

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2014/12/15/0ap3000000444539.pdf

Enunwa is a total JAG. Actually less of one. If this means Kerley might actually see the field this is good IMO.

I am a huge Kerley fan and really don't much like Enunwa but the kid is a good blocker and I have a feeling this is going to hurt us more than help us.

No problem with the suspension just the timing of it. When the whole deflategate broke out the NFL dragged its feet to avoid any potential SB suspensions for the Golden Boys. Then when it looked like the investigation might drag into this season the NFL the NFLPA and the corrupt judges made it a priority to have it settled before the start of the season.

Now the Jets are going into Gilette and they drop a suspenion on one of our players - coincidence I think not !!

The difference here is that he didn't 'fight' it; they negotiated the decision.  Maybe he should have fought it (but they announced the policy before he was arrested - so he cannot claim that); anyway, I tribute the timing of the decision as to it too that long to agree to the compromise.  I hate the Pats as much as anyone and think they always get the breaks (lucky or otherwise), but I think this is just what it is; once the charges were dropped, the process started - it probably just too so long to work through the system.

I really question the timing of this suspension.  Why wasn't this served in the beginning of the year?  This event happened last year, the charges ended up being dropped and now all of a sudden a week before the Pats "oh hey guys, about that enunwa guy, yeah he's suspended"

The NFL just needs to change their letters to WTF at that point.

Not only that, but the case was resolved a year ago.

was just about to post that in response to those saying that devin smith needs to step up.  Enunwa was basically playing as a glorified tight end.  Not saying it's a huge loss but guys like kerley don't bring the blocking that Enunwa brought.  

Maybe this is why we brought in kenbrell. One of his strengths coming out of college was his blocking.  

and thompkins has been activated. Not a real surprise but I expect him to assume enunwas role.  He was picked up for a reason and I'm guessing the Jets saw this suspension coming.  

If he contributes this may be another sneaky move by the Jets front office. 

if an actual crime was committed. The precedent absurdly set here is that NOT being guilty of a crime that never even made it to trial over 13 months ago will cause you to lose one months pay out of the blue. BULLsh*t I SAY. League is a tyrannical joke.

This absolute NONSENSE!!!!

Someone can make false charges and cost you pay!!! INSANE!!!

And before anyone says something foolish I represented a young man who was appealing a plea bargain by his hack attorney who was falsely accused of rape and the woman admitted that she filed false charges but the government said no dice... So things like this happen .

And yet Brady roams free...

This absolute NONSENSE!!!!

Someone can make false charges and cost you pay!!! INSANE!!!

And before anyone says something foolish I represented a young man who was appealing a plea bargain by his hack attorney who was falsely accused of rape and the woman admitted that she filed false charges but the government said no dice... So things like this happen .

And yet Brady roams free...

Again, while what you're saying is generally true on paper, it is unlikely to apply in this case. He undoubtedly did everything alleged, and your one example above notwithstanding, since he agreed to this settlement it's quite likely he admitted his wrongdoing. She's a hooker in his hotel room; he wasn't accused of rape he was (I believe) accused of smacking her around. Cops were called to the hotel, he was arrested on the spot. He did it.

There's every likelihood that the reason the charges were dropped wasn't a lack of a case to be made but rather that Enunwa "settled" with her (i.e. paid her to drop the charges). She gets nothing out of filing charges to a hearing she won't show up to, since she's a freaking hooker, but she can get a wad of cash to drop it. Also, sadly, it's neither the first she's gotten smacked around nor will it be the last and she knows it. For her, getting paid trumps a moral "right" to prosecute, since she's not exactly in the morality business to begin with.

That doesn't mean he's innocent (or "not guilty" or however you want to phrase it) and that the league office knew for certain. No doubt there were photos of one or more of:  the woman with bruises, a black eye, a fat/split lip, other physical bodily evidence of being tossed/smacked around, a hotel room with broken furniture, and witnesses saying they heard the late night ruckus from Enunwa's room. He probably admitted everything and apologized profusely, attending the requisite counseling since then, and that's why his suspension was reduced from 6 games to 4. From day one there's been no leaking/reporting of him ever saying he didn't do it & she's just a lying whore bitch shaking him down.

I think the timing is what sucks and is the bullsh*t part. We play the undefeated Patriots for first place, and the whole planet outside NE plus one shady judge knows Brady should have been suspended and wasn't. Then just by sheer coincidence, after some 14 months of nothing, this is suddenly the game Enunwa's suspension gets handed down. 

But beyond the timing, in reality he's surely guilty and is getting off easy.

Rice was suspended indefinitely after the tape came out and has been blackballed out of the league.

Is he?  There's a six-game suspension for a first offense related to domestic violence.  He wasn't convicted of anything.  

A conviction is NOT a necessary condition for league discipline, including suspensions & fines. And this fact is nothing new.   Where'd you ever get that idea? 

Again, while what you're saying is generally true on paper, it is unlikely to apply in this case. He undoubtedly did everything alleged, and your one example above notwithstanding, since he agreed to this settlement it's quite likely he admitted his wrongdoing. She's a hooker in his hotel room; he wasn't accused of rape he was (I believe) accused of smacking her around. Cops were called to the hotel, he was arrested on the spot. He did it.

There's every likelihood that the reason the charges were dropped wasn't a lack of a case to be made but rather that Enunwa "settled" with her (i.e. paid her to drop the charges). She gets nothing out of filing charges to a hearing she won't show up to, since she's a freaking hooker, but she can get a wad of cash to drop it. Also, sadly, it's neither the first she's gotten smacked around nor will it be the last and she knows it. For her, getting paid trumps a moral "right" to prosecute, since she's not exactly in the morality business to begin with.

That doesn't mean he's innocent (or "not guilty" or however you want to phrase it) and that the league office knew for certain. No doubt there were photos of one or more of:  the woman with bruises, a black eye, a fat/split lip, other physical bodily evidence of being tossed/smacked around, a hotel room with broken furniture, and witnesses saying they heard the late night ruckus from Enunwa's room. He probably admitted everything and apologized profusely, attending the requisite counseling since then, and that's why his suspension was reduced from 6 games to 4. From day one there's been no leaking/reporting of him ever saying he didn't do it & she's just a lying whore bitch shaking him down.

I think the timing is what sucks and is the bullsh*t part. We play the undefeated Patriots for first place, and the whole planet outside NE plus one shady judge knows Brady should have been suspended and wasn't. Then just by sheer coincidence, after some 14 months of nothing, this is suddenly the game Enunwa's suspension gets handed down. 

But beyond the timing, in reality he's surely guilty and is getting off easy.

Timing is a bit shady, but no surprise there.

Rice was suspended indefinitely after the tape came out and has been blackballed out of the league.

That was after the public outcry over the first 2-game suspension, so Goodell handed down the indefinite one. The indefinite suspension was overturned on appeal. 

He was blackballed out of the league because he wasn't great anymore, so teams don't want to deal with the bad publicity to take a shot on a has-been.

Archived