Color Rush Uniforms?

JohnnyLV

Yup. Anything for marketing, which is really Roger Goodell's strength as commissioner. It'll be ugly, we all know that given the horrific unis worn by Tampa Bay and Jacksonville. I am sure I will hate whatever the Jets wear that night. These apparel designers are a bunch of gay guys splashing color willy nilly to make the players look "marvelous"

Yeah.... no. 

It's the same uniform we wear now but in the shade of green we should be wearing

smog3s5t00aokuv4xhgn2ebqt.gif

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to set everyone's expectations appropriately: This is going to be terrible.  They are not wearing the 80's throwbacks.  Get that out of your mind.

The press release and the tease video indicate that it'll basically be our current uniform, with the older shade of green, and possibly a green helmet.  It will be a monstrosity.  You are far more likely to see something like the hideousness depicted below.

349151_display_image.jpg?1321600571

You can see in the picture that its a white helmet:

TNF_Tease_article.jpg

The only thing we're not gonna like about the helmet is the metallic green logo, stripes and facemask. 

Make them normal and this is the uni we should wear all the time. 

Yeah.... no. 

It's the same uniform we wear now but in the shade of green we should be wearing

smog3s5t00aokuv4xhgn2ebqt.gif

I am not a fan of the Kelly green uni's, I know we won the SB in them but most of the years we wore Kelly green we were bad while most of the years we have worn hunter green we have been good. 

400 million and seven months. Give or take. 

Market research indicates that males between the ages of 25 and 55 are the majority of Thursday Night Football games. Nike has decided to go with an NFL Color Rush theme to take advantage of this fact. The word "Rush" should be specifically used along with the bright unique color schematic of each team in order to tie into the idea of "rushing" to a Fraternity. This conjures up feelings of camaraderie for those who took part in Greek society in college while also offering the opportunity to join in to those who did not partake earlier in their lives. Ultimately, we believe this will lead to strong "Rush" jersey sales in Q4 2015 as well as the entirety of 2016. 

Alright...where do I get paid around here? 

But seriously though, one thing that I notice on that teaser pic is the addition of shiny green stripes on the helmet as opposed to the matte ones we wear now. This fits in with the write-up on the website which says they 'tweaked' the helmets (remember, all teams have to use the same helmets throughout the year from now on so they can't do major changes for one week). It also fits with these new shiny 'chrome' hats that some players have been wearing, here is the Jets one (not sure if Nike and New Era worked together: hwl?set=sku%5B20727954%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B5

Just to set everyone's expectations appropriately: This is going to be terrible.  They are not wearing the 80's throwbacks.  Get that out of your mind.

The press release and the tease video indicate that it'll basically be our current uniform, with the older shade of green, and possibly a green helmet.  It will be a monstrosity.  You are far more likely to see something like the hideousness depicted below.

If they win, they will look beautiful!

"Color Rush offers a new way for NFL teams to unify their fans and communities around a current or historic color that will come to life in the new Color Rush uniforms"

Oh for ****'s sake.

Now think about this - someone making a six-figure income worked for a year to come up with that nonsense.

i hate the kelly green uniforms

Bland, washed out green.  Theres nothing wrong with the green we used when we brought back the new old uniforms.

Its all nonsense used for one thing, to boost merchandise sales mid season.  Nothing more

Bland, washed out green.  Theres nothing wrong with the green we used when we brought back the new old uniforms.

Its all nonsense used for one thing, to boost merchandise sales mid season.  Nothing more

BINGO! Why do you think the Mets, among other teams, have a thousand different uniform combos? SALES!!!

BINGO! Why do yoiu think the Mets, among other teams, have a thousand different uniform combos? SALES!!!

Baseball, hockey, basketball and football all wear a alternative uniform during the season to boost sales.  Some of these teams even go to a second alternative uniform.  

For one reason and one reason only

Baseball, hockey, basketball and football all wear a alternative uniform during the season to boost sales.  Some of these teams even go to a second alternative uniform.  

For one reason and one reason only

You do know it is for the same reason they are even there to begin with right? The whole thing is money based not just an alternate uniform.

You do know it is for the same reason they are even there to begin with right? The whole thing is money based not just an alternate uniform.

Do I know why? I never said there was anything wrong with what they do?  Did you read what I wrote? 

No one is forcing anyone to buy any of these alternative unis.  Its up to fans, they buy them, they'll keep coming up with new versions for people to buy

"Color Rush offers a new way for NFL teams to unify their fans and communities around a current or historic color that will come to life in the new Color Rush uniforms"

Oh for ****'s sake.

454319337.0.jpg

kellygreen_zps1lvhf4gu.jpg

Look!  It's the Jets New Kelly Green Color Rush Uniforms!

Just grab your remote, find the setting for Hue, tap it to the left 3 or 4 times, and there you go.  Imagine how much fun you can have randomly changing the colors of every NFL team every week.  NFL RedZone Channel a Color Rush bonanza.

SAR I

Jeez, this was predictable as sh*t.

454319337.0.jpg

kellygreen_zps1lvhf4gu.jpg

Look!  It's the Jets New Kelly Green Color Rush Uniforms!

Just grab your remote, find the setting for Hue, tap it to the left 3 or 4 times, and there you go.  Imagine how much fun you can have randomly changing the colors of every NFL team every week.  NFL RedZone Channel a Color Rush bonanza.

SAR I

AWESOME

AWESOME

Could this be more underwhelming?

This would be like the Yankees changing from Midnight Blue to Black pinstripes for a day.  Wha?

We need a third color, should be grey, then we could have an all-grey uniform with the green and white strips and that's that.  The helmet rule (can't change the helmets out) ruined all the throwback and alternate stuff anyway.

SAR I

Could this be more underwhelming?

This would be like the Yankees changing from Midnight Blue to Black pinstripes for a day.  Wha?

We need a third color, should be grey, then we could have an all-grey uniform with the green and white strips and that's that.  The helmet rule (can't change the helmets out) ruined all the throwback and alternate stuff anyway.

SAR I

Actually mean the creativity of the color change through the tuner. Lol

I would love black unis

Archived