Potential 2nd Round Picks?

Sarge4Tide

Potential 2nd Round Picks  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following possible 2nd round picks would make you very happy?

• QB Conner Cook, Michigan St
    • QB Christian Hackenberg Penn State
    • RB Derrick Henry Alabama
    • WR Tyler Boyd Pitt
    • WR Michael Thomas Ohio State
    • WR Sterling Shepard Oklahoma
    • TE Hunter Henry Arkansas
    • OL Jason Spriggs Indiana
    • OL Le'Raven Clark Texas Tech
    • OL Shon Coleman Auburn
    • OL Cody Whitehair Kansas St
    • OL Christian Westerman Arizona St
    • DE Kevin Dodd Clemson
    • DE Emmanuel Ogbah Oklahoma St
    • DE/LB Noah Spence EKU
    • LB Kamalei Correa Boise St
    • CB Mackensie Alexander Clemson
    • DB Sean Davis Maryland
    • S TJ Green Clemson
    • S Vonn Bell Ohio State

1 hour ago, JiF said:

IMO Ogbah/Spence are the BAP's on the board.  I'd love for either to fall.

Next would be Correa. 

Wouldnt hate Spriggs or Alexander.  Talented players that fill a need. 

Can you sell me on Ogbah/Spence over Correa?  Correa seems to have all the speed and dynamic ability we would want at OLB

25 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

You don't pick for need here, if you have Rd 3 grades on all the offensive players, and high grades on a few defensive players you do the smart thing, and stick to your boars, and don't reach.

is that you, Anthony Schlegel?

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Can you sell me on Ogbah/Spence over Correa?  Correa seems to have all the speed and dynamic ability we would want at OLB

Honestly, it mostly has to do with that I view them all as very similar prospects but from a edge rusher measurable standpoint, Correa has the least amount of explosiveness.

Both Ogbah and Spence had a 121 board jump and 35 on vert.  Correa only 102 and 30 on vert and put up the least amount of reps.

Ogbah was the most productive of the 3 in college.  Spence is probably the most heralded prospect.  Correa has the production but it went in the wrong direction. 

Gun to the head, Spence is the best of the 3 and he fits the scheme better as a pure edge rusher.

Just now, JiF said:

Honestly, it mostly has to do with that I view them all as very similar prospects but from a edge rusher measurable standpoint, Correa has the least amount of explosiveness.

Both Ogbah and Spence had a 121 board jump and 35 on vert.  Correa only 102 and 30 on vert and put up the least amount of reps.

Ogbah was the most productive of the 3 in college.  Spence is probably the most heralded prospect.  Correa has the production but it went in the wrong direction. 

Gun to the head, Spence is the best of the 3 and he fits the scheme better as a pure edge rusher.

Awesome thanks, still hoping we do get Spence, I think I get distracted sometimes by the combine results and his burst although the combine speed and his game speed definitely don't seem to match up.

3 hours ago, JiF said:

IMO Ogbah/Spence are the BAP's on the board.  I'd love for either to fall.

Next would be Correa. 

Wouldnt hate Spriggs or Alexander.  Talented players that fill a need. 

I dont think the Jets can afford to be passive on this draft. The class is appreciated by some, if not most, as rather weak in the number of talented players. IMO The Jets should trade up constantly today and grab 3 of the 4 players they want/need: Jason Spriggs, Noah Spence, and Connor Cook.

44 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Awesome thanks, still hoping we do get Spence, I think I get distracted sometimes by the combine results and his burst although the combine speed and his game speed definitely don't seem to match up.

I dont put much stock into the combine at all but the explosiveness measurements are usually pretty money indicators for pass rushers.  

1 minute ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I dont think the Jets can afford to be passive on this draft. The class is appreciated by some, if not most, as rather weak in the number of talented players. IMO The Jets should trade up constantly today and grab 3 of the 4 players they want/need: Jason Spriggs, Noah Spence, and Connor Cook.

Not sure they have enough draft capital without dipping into next season to make 3 trades...

Just now, JiF said:

I dont put much stock into the combine at all but the explosiveness measurements are usually pretty money indicators for pass rushers.  

Not sure they have enough draft capital without dipping into next season to make 3 trades...

Dipping into next years draft? I say why not!

if they want either cook or hackenberg they will have to use a 2nd rounder.  i think it will be very telling if at least 1 of them is on the board when they pick, to see what they do.  it's close to 100% they go offense in the 2nd IMO so the question is, is it a qb or ot?

I picked Cook, Spence, and Spriggs. I don't think we should go for a wide out this round, as I really want Braxton Miller. However, if we take a wide out this round please be Boyd. Kid is good, real good. Dak Prescott wouldn't be bad in the 3rd either. 

Another possibility in Rd 3 (if he's there, maybe rd 4 but I doubt it) is Connor McGovern OG Missouri.  He lists as a OG which is probably his best fit in the NFL, but he has played EVERY OL position including OC with significant time at both RT and LT at Mizzou.  He and his teammate Evan Boehm OC are warriors...Boehm projects in rds 5-6.

Part of McGovern's appeal is his versatility to go along with being as strong as on ox with reasonably nimble feet.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline  5 minutes ago

How the top of round two may play out...hearing Emmanuel Ogbah for the Dallas Cowboys

There is speculation the Dallas Cowboys are trying to trade up to the top of Round 2 for the ability to select either Noah Spence or Kamalei Correa. I've been informed the player they covet is Emmanuel Ogbah of Oklahoma State. 

54 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I would love it also...not sure why Spriggs gets so much love and mention and no one talks about Clark who is a better prospect IMO.

I just read up on him today, and I thunk he would be a great pick, give him a year to develop and then plug him in

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/le'raven-clark?id=2555202

Draft Projection

Rounds 1 or 2

Sources Tell Us

"He's going to end up being big time in our league. He's got elite foot quickness, he's long and he's smart. He'll keep getting better once he gets to a pro offense and away from that stuff Texas Tech does and he'll become one of the top five tackles in our league." -- NFC personnel director

NFL Comparison

Bobby Massie

Bottom Line

Clark is an ascending left tackle prospect with the elite foot quickness and length that NFL teams simply don't pass up for very long. Clark could still use more muscle on his frame and will need to be much more consistent with his technique rather than just relying on his length if he is to reach his full potential in the pros. Left tackles with his potential in pass protection carry first-round value and Clark has a Pro Bowl upside with the floor of an average NFL starter.

On April 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM, JiF said:

Correa only 102 and 30 on vert and put up the least amount of reps. 

Our fifth-round pick, Brandon Shell scored a 112 in broad, and 30.5 vert....at 324 lb. 

Archived