Back Surgery For Gronk

Maxman

I cannot wait for the Boston radio derps to continue their rhetoric about how they shouldn't have to tolerate Gronk's selfish behavior when it comes to his injuries. The thing, up here, that maybe doesn't trickle out to other states is that Gronk and family have put the Pats on notice with regard to looking out for his best interests.

So, while every other Patriots player succumbs to the pressure of Belichick and plays hurt - with concussions like Welker - Gronk says he and his own docs decide when he gets back on the field. The mooks up here flip out, bitching about how it's not the Patriot way. Gronk is the 2nd best player to ever wear a Pats uniform, but these ingrates bitch him out over it. None go so far as to suggest releasing him, but all act as though the "Patriot way" dictates that Gronk should shorten his career to make sure he plays against the Rams, for example. 

Pats fans are the worst.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I cannot wait for the Boston radio derps to continue their rhetoric about how they shouldn't have to tolerate Gronk's selfish behavior when it comes to his injuries. The thing, up here, that maybe doesn't trickle out to other states is that Gronk and family have put the Pats on notice with regard to looking out for his best interests.

So, while every other Patriots player succumbs to the pressure of Belichick and plays hurt - with concussions like Welker - Gronk says he and his own docs decide when he gets back on the field. The mooks up here flip out, bitching about how it's not the Patriot way. Gronk is the 2nd best player to ever wear a Pats uniform, but these ingrates bitch him out over it. None go so far as to suggest releasing him, but all act as though the "Patriot way" dictates that Gronk should shorten his career to make sure he plays against the Rams, for example. 

Pats fans are the worst.

You have heard of John Hannah, right?

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Gronk already had fusion surgery, before the draft.

here's a prediction: he will play but never be the same dominant player again. Backs are scary and the more you tinker with them, the worse they get. 

Something all of us Mets fans continue to go through with David Wright.

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Means nothing.  Bennet gets plugged in and they dont miss a beat.  Great team.  They always overcome and move on.  

Like him or not, you hate to see a player get hurt. But you're right,  Joe W., for them it's "next man up".

I'd be willing to trade them our #1 tight end, but:      1)  I know they wouldn't be interested

2)  I'm not sure who it is

Madden curse strikes back!

Gronk has actually only been fully healthy in the postseason twice in his career.  HIs rookie season and the year they won the Super Bowl.  Every other year he has been hobbled and playing hurt or on IR.

like JJ Watt they are all time great athletes, but they weren't gifted with the Lawrence Taylor superhuman healing gene.  I worry for their futures.

55 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Means nothing.  Bennet gets plugged in and they dont miss a beat.  Great team.  They always overcome and move on.  

You don't lose an all time great weapon and plug the next man in.  They're still the favorites, they still have Brady, but there is no replacing Gronk.

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

You don't lose an all time great weapon and plug the next man in.  They're still the favorites, they still have Brady, but there is no replacing Gronk.

There was supposed to be no way to replace Brady either, and they survived the first 4 games. I'm not suggesting that they would win the Super Bowl with Garoppolo  this year. I can't argue that Gronk is a not major loss. But the Pats often find a way to overcome. 

If they were to lose him for an extended time, it absolutely hurts them. Yet, they somehow find a way to almost rally around adversity. Credit to their coaching staff. Having a future Hall of Fame quarterback helps too.

1 minute ago, Happy Clouds said:

There was supposed to be no way to replace Brady either, and they survived the first 4 games. I'm not suggesting that they would win the Super Bowl with Garoppolo  this year. I can't argue that Gronk is a not major loss. But the Pats often find a way to overcome. 

If they were to lose him for an extended time, it absolutely hurts them. Yet, they somehow find a way to almost rally around adversity. Credit to their coaching staff. Having a future Hall of Fame quarterback helps too.

It hurts no doubt.  Unlike previous injury last year, the year before, the year before and the year before that, Martellus is a capable back-up.  He is not as explosive, but he can move pretty well.

Just now, Shadetree said:

All I really want is the PATS to NOT win the SB. If this helps achieve that goal, I'll be pretty happy. 

Im pulling for Andy Reid and the Chiefs fans. Great fans, Id like to see them get their ring.

I am good with Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders and Ravens. I just don't want to see Pats and Steelers in the Superbowl. Pats for obvious reasons and Steelers due to rapist Ben. 

14 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

All I really want is the PATS to NOT win the SB. If this helps achieve that goal, I'll be pretty happy. 

Im pulling for Andy Reid and the Chiefs fans. Great fans, Id like to see them get their ring.

That would be nice for KC.   First the Royals, then the Chiefs.  They'd be good for another 40 years.

26 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

They can still kick the Jets butt without him.

Those good defenses, Broncos, SeaHawks, those teams it'll really show.

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

They can still kick the Jets butt without him.

Those good defenses, Broncos, SeaHawks, those teams it'll really show.

No doubt. But I've seen too many of those "they'll never win this game without (fill in the blank)," to ever count them out.

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Get well soon Gronk great player exciting to watch wish him well. 

Why do I get the feeling joewilly, that if Gronk played for the Jets, you would be "sick and tired of him being hurt all the time. I want him gone now"!  ?

1 minute ago, Happy Clouds said:

Why do I get the feeling joewilly, that if Gronk played for the Jets, you would be "sick and tired of him being hurt all the time. I want him gone now"!  ?

Nope if he had the career like he's having in NE he would get a pass from me. The guy is a beast and comes to play. Best TE in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, Hael said:

Madden curse strikes back!

Gronk has actually only been fully healthy in the postseason twice in his career.  HIs rookie season and the year they won the Super Bowl.  Every other year he has been hobbled and playing hurt or on IR.

like JJ Watt they are all time great athletes, but they weren't gifted with the Lawrence Taylor superhuman healing gene.  I worry for their futures.

LT's superhuman healing gene came in white powder form

Archived