Clady Retired today.

Jet_Engine1

2 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

They have nothing, nothing at LT and thats why Hackcownetty will be slaughtered this year.

McCagg should be fired for this alone.

LT, pass rusher, QB and offensive weapons are luxury's we cannot afford!  ILBs, edge setting olbs and safeties for the win!

1 hour ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Kelvin Beachum?

Really don't get the endless pessimism about him around here.  While he's not a guaranteed hit, he'll be another year removed from injury, which tends to help, and even his down year for the Jags was better than anything the Jets got out of Clady, or Ijalana's turn at LT.

Other than Carpenter, the OL is meh.  Winters is OK.  Johnson might be OK.  The tackles are trash and will be exposed repeatedly. 

Defenses will tee off their pass rushers all game long because they wont have reason to fear long drives by the Jets offense.  One sack and the Jets drive is guaranteed to be over.  This team wont convert 2nd and 18s or 3rd and 12s.

And even if they do "scare" defenses enough to back off periodically, however unlikely, the opposing DC will set the blitzers loose when they have a lead in the 4th quarter for sure anyway.

Green gogglers; stop rationalizing yourself into expecting anything different.

18 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Other than Carpenter, the OL is meh.  Winters is OK.  Johnson might be OK.  The tackles are trash and will be exposed repeatedly. 

Defenses will tee off their pass rushers all game long because they wont have reason to fear long drives by the Jets offense.  One sack and the Jets drive is guaranteed to be over.  This team wont convert 2nd and 18s or 3rd and 12s.

And even if they do "scare" defenses enough to back off periodically, however unlikely, the opposing DC will set the blitzers loose when they have a lead in the 4th quarter for sure anyway.

Green gogglers; stop rationalizing yourself into expecting anything different.

Glad you cleared this up so I don't have to watch any of the games this year, because usually DCs don't pressure young QBs.

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Glad you cleared this up so I don't have to watch any of the games this year, because usually DCs don't pressure young QBs.

Cute.  Point taken.  Allow me to change the narrative, then.  Instead of saying what opposing defenses will do, which is apparently so obvious, how about I just clarify the results of said strategy.

IT WILL WORK and the Jets offense will be dreadful.  Especially since a West Coast offense requires quick hitting passes.  Meanwhile, the young receivers are struggling against press coverage....   not a recipe for success.

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Cute.  Point taken.  Allow me to change the narrative, then.  Instead of saying what opposing defenses will do, which is apparently so obvious, how about I just clarify the results of said strategy.

IT WILL WORK and the Jets offense will be dreadful.  Especially since a West Coast offense requires quick hitting passes.  Meanwhile, the young receivers are struggling against press coverage....   not a recipe for success.

Its gonna be a tough year but maybe, just maybe we may see development. I just want the Jets to be ascending when the Pats & Brady start falling apart. Time waits for no man & nothing lasts forever (granted this Pats dominance has been really freaking long), but remember, the Pats have also been embarrassing a decent team like the Steelers too for a long damn time. Since 2007, Brady is 50-1 at home vs the AFC in the regular season & the only loss was to Buffalo in a meaningless week 17 game,lol.

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Its gonna be a tough year but maybe, just maybe we may see development. I just want the Jets to be ascending when the Pats & Brady start falling apart. Time waits for no man & nothing lasts forever (granted this Pats dominance has been really freaking long), but remember, the Pats have also been embarrassing a decent team like the Steelers too for a long damn time. Since 2007, Brady is 50-1 at home vs the AFC in the regular season & the only loss was to Buffalo in a meaningless week 17 game,lol.

Agree completely.  I have been advocating a blow it up and rebuild strategy for 2020 and beyond since the 6 interception debacle at Arrowhead.

Oh yeah... and when NE is up by 20-something near halftime... maybe Bowles wont be so stupid this season as to call a timeout when Belicheat tries to take the pedal off the floor.  Mercy isnt in that guy's DNA... but he tried that time.

4 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Really don't get the endless pessimism about him around here.  While he's not a guaranteed hit, he'll be another year removed from injury, which tends to help, and even his down year for the Jags was better than anything the Jets got out of Clady, or Ijalana's turn at LT.

yeah its kind of surprising how he is just completely forgotten and out of the mindshare with some fans.  I mean Clady hasn't been on the team all offseason lol

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

OL may be the strongest the strongest part of the offense this year, as sad as that is.  

They should just take BPA and put the best players at OL regardless of whether they are lineman. The Jets need Enunwa on that wall.

On 8/2/2017 at 8:20 AM, varjet said:

OL may be the strongest the strongest part of the offense this year, as sad as that is.  

I like this Morton guy & it seems him and Bates or no nonsense teachers who break you down but build you up at the same time. How long has it been since the Jets had offensive coaches who lose their sh*t when mistakes are made & don't tolerate them?

My god, how many times did the Jets tell that f*cking bone head Geno Smith to just throw the ball away? And he'd still not heed the advise & they'd Trot his azz out there again! We needed an OC to f*cking pull him out of the game for conduct detrimental to the team & himself. I just CAN NOT imagine that a guy as smart as Hackenberg is, that he'll be even close to Geno in the oops I did it again department.

Some of you guys are gonna kill me but I see Hackenberg if developed properly & protected by a decent oline as a QB that can develop into a Carson Palmer type. Has a lot of Palmers physical attributes. The difference let's hope is that Christian is actually SMARTER than Palmer. As Jet fans, we'd easily take a young Carson Palmer but we can hope that Hackenberg can actually stack enough good years so as to actually be able to get deep into a Morton playbook.

That would be f*cking exciting & this fan base deserves to see some exciting offense football. It really has been a LONG TIME.

On 8/3/2017 at 11:26 PM, thadude said:

Have you guys recognized Mac has a tendency to go after injury prone veterans nobody else wants?

Beachum first visit was to the Jets.  We didn't let him leave the building without signing.  Of course other teams wanted him, he was heading to Seattle the next day.  I get what you are trying to convey but LT is nearly as rare as QB and they are hard to come by.  We wanted to get Okung in the house but his value shot through the roof on the first day.  Beachum is relatively young at 28, when he got the nod as a full time starter he was like a top 5 LT with the Steelers, the following year he tore his ACL and was out for the season.  Then he met with the Jets in 2016 but decided to sign with the Jags.  The Jags being the Jags probably wasn't the right scheme fit and he had a terrible year (which even if it wasn't scheme related a lot of players have a down year after a major injury and the option to keep him was for 40 million)  If he bounces back this year and plays like he did in 2014 this will be a major win for Macc and helps us get some stability at the position at least for a couple years until we get our homegrown LT (which this past years draft had a dearth of).  He literally had 1 injury, doesn't have a history of injury outside of getting a concussion for 2 games I think last year.  This is not the same as rolling the dice on Clady who had multiple injuries and was more of a desperate move with Ferguson sudden departure.

2 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Beachum first visit was to the Jets.  We didn't let him leave the building without signing.  Of course other teams wanted him, he was heading to Seattle the next day.  I get what you are trying to convey but LT is nearly as rare as QB and they are hard to come by.  We wanted to get Okung in the house but his value shot through the roof on the first day.  Beachum is relatively young at 28, when he got the nod as a full time starter he was like a top 5 LT with the Steelers, the following year he tore his ACL and was out for the season.  Then he met with the Jets in 2016 but decided to sign with the Jags.  The Jags being the Jags probably wasn't the right scheme fit and he had a terrible year (which even if it wasn't scheme related a lot of players have a down year after a major injury and the option to keep him was for 40 million)  If he bounces back this year and plays like he did in 2014 this will be a major win for Macc and helps us get some stability at the position at least for a couple years until we get our homegrown LT (which this past years draft had a dearth of).  He literally had 1 injury, doesn't have a history of injury outside of getting a concussion for 2 games I think last year.  This is not the same as rolling the dice on Clady who had multiple injuries and was more of a desperate move with Ferguson sudden departure.

Shoulda drafted Cam Robinson

Beachum is the same thing as Clady except Clady was actually better

18 minutes ago, thadude said:

Shoulda drafted Cam Robinson

Beachum is the same thing as Clady except Clady was actually better

In a perfect Madden world sure, we should have drafted him in the 2nd round if the Jags didn't.  But they did.  Unless you think it would have been better to draft him 6th overall?  There was so little OL talent to take it obviously wasn't the year to do so unless it fell in your lap.  I'm not a draft or college football expert so maybe one of the other guys could chime in but maybe this upcoming draft will be a better crop of OL available.  Rome isn't (re)built in a day or a single season :)

We'll agree to disagree on your second point.

LT will have to be addressed via FA next year. You have to have an established Oline in order to properly develop a rookie QB into a FQB.

Cant throw your prized #1 overall pick rookie QB behind a line that is still "jelling". That would be the height of stupidity.

Everyone knows that, right? Right??

50 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

LT will have to be addressed via FA next year. You have to have an established Oline in order to properly develop a rookie QB into a FQB.

Cant throw your prized #1 overall pick rookie QB behind a line that is still "jelling". That would be the height of stupidity.

Everyone knows that, right? Right??

Thats why Beachum was signed to a 3 year deal.  If he returns to form the Jets have stability at the position while developing the draft pick they take next year.

2 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Thats why Beachum was signed to a 3 year deal.  If he returns to form the Jets have stability at the position while developing the draft pick they take next year.

Beachum. At Left Tackle. For Sam Darnold or Josh Allen in their rookie year? No thank you.

Archived